• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Club Memorabilia

386 posts in this topic

jimmers :hi:

any halloween costume ideas for next month?

long cylinder of wihite card board,aem holes,goes from butt to neck.Cover with cotton batten.White hoody underneath,hood up,drawn tight ,.White terry cloth robe belt,hūng like tail.White stockings,leggings.Full tube fake blood sqirted down over your hood,shoulders ect...get it?

jimmers :hi:

any halloween costume ideas for next month?

long cylinder of wihite card board,aem holes,goes from butt to neck.Cover with cotton batten.White hoody underneath,hood up,drawn tight ,.White terry cloth robe belt,hūng like tail.White stockings,leggings.Full tube fake blood sqirted down over your hood,shoulders ect...get it?

Decapitated Snoopy? (shrug)

Proof that our world has become awesome

WTTB!

Was there not a Frankenstein button for the first set? Not my collecting focus so I'm just curious. Interesting to see the two sets side by side for comparison. I note that the text on the front is also different including Drac's hand is missing.

Info on the 1st big issue buttons is arguable at best. UMA has an entire 18 pages and counting devoted soley to the Elwar 1st button issue mystery. (elwar button mystery).

Ill break it down best I can. The 1st issue Big Buttons can be seen in a photograph of Forest J. Ackerman at a store promoting the Famous Monsters paperback release sometime in the early 1960's.

scan0002-3_zps8fkr5aaz.jpg

He is clearly wearing the 1st issues, because the artwork is less refined than the 2nd issues released.

it comes down to early 1960's release for the 1st Big Buttons. and I believe the little buttons offered in gum ball machines came later, because the artwork is the same on the little buttons as the 1st issue.

Theories abound about why the big 2nd issue buttons were produced.

from Universal copywright infringement on their monsters, which makes more sense to me, to the original artwork lost to a fire. Anyways, the 1st issues are extremely rare, and when they pop up for sale, dissapear quickly.

Thanks for the info, very interesting! (thumbs u

I agree that the Universal copyright theory makes sense however the images in the second series basically stayed the same as did the names of the monsters so I'm not so sure that is the reason. These are items I'd like to focus on at some point but I've been concerned about fakes and reproductions. I'll have to do my due diligence before I jump in so I appreciate any info. Hope you eventually find your 1st issue Frankenstein! :wishluck: