• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Club Memorabilia

386 posts in this topic

197u0f.jpg

197u2d.jpg

another nail in the coffin my friends.

an original 1958 FM fan club card... unsigned.

im absolutely horrified that i found one.

i really love this monster fan club stuff

Is there a good story to go with how you obtained this what I guess would be a mini grail?

ah, i wish i did have a tale to croon.

but sadly, i do not.

it was by a terrible stroke of luck that i happened to search ebay one morning... and there it was looming in my saved searches... newly listed with a buy it now.

after speaking with the seller - he noted that it was tucked into a box of FM mags that he purchased over 20 years ago.

...i don't know who that actor is or what that image is from

back in 1958 FM starting running an ad for it's FM club (issue no.2)

if you sent in 75¢ for your lifetime membership you got the vice president badge, membership card, and a certificate. (i think you might have also been able to post a classified ad in the mag as well)

the certificate is hellishly rare

in 2005 one sold for $400

19do64.jpg

still looking...

back in 1958 FM starting running an ad for it's FM club (issue no.2)

if you sent in 75¢ for your lifetime membership you got the vice president badge, membership card, and a certificate. (i think you might have also been able to post a classified ad in the mag as well)

the certificate is hellishly rare

in 2005 one sold for $400

19do64.jpg

still looking...

In a hobby such as comics and related memorabilia it is nice to know that something hellishly rare can be obtained for under $1K. That is what I loved about MAD magazine back in the day. Something incredibly rare would be in the hundreds but even then I was too cheap or poor to buy it.

you're absolutely right. it's very nice. case in point - ive been hunting for a HG copy of warren's house of horror for a long time now... its still obtainable for pretty cheap too... ive just been preoccupied with this monster memorabilia stuff and have missed out on some great copies.

im always surprised at how most of these items go unnoticed to collectors.

obscure as some of them may be - there is still a pretty strong following of collectors out there as well.