• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Club Memorabilia

386 posts in this topic

Cool story about someone who ordered the monkey.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18236

:applause: those were great stories

thanks for the link wombat!

+1

Just got done reading and it was just like I imagined, especially the first story. A wild, scared animal jumping and biting you! :eek:

The one thing that wasn't made clear in the story was how the animals were shipped. I would think a courier service right? I can't imagine a live animal delivered via the USPS! :o

that is a good point... how the heck did the little critters make it from florida across country?

a courier seems the most plausible... doesnt seem very cost effective though

tr6nc.jpg

I have the original store display diorama for Monster Scenes sitting in my living room. Sadly I have no camera with which to take a photo of it.

oh man... that's gotta be awesome

Happily a friend came by last night, had his phone with him and took this quickie:

monsterscenes_zpstu5ij15j.jpg

Yeah...it could use a good dusting.....

tr6nc.jpg

I have the original store display diorama for Monster Scenes sitting in my living room. Sadly I have no camera with which to take a photo of it.

Happily a friend came by last night, had his phone with him and took this quickie:

Please send this to my house, I will gladly dust it! :takeit:

Thanks for posting! :applause:

Actually out of all of these models, I remember liking the pendulum the best as they designed it to really work! It would actually swing back and forth and lower at intervals till it reached the bottom then...SLICE! :eek:

Actually out of all of these models, I remember liking the pendulum the best as they designed it to really work! It would actually swing back and forth and lower at intervals till it reached the bottom then...SLICE! :eek:

Speaking of the devil.....in another corner of the room are a couple specimens I put together as a pre-teen back when the Monster Scenes originally came out....

pendulum_zpst4njxvkg.jpg

AWESOME!

By far my fav of the series. In fact it was that gothic looking skull atop the pendulum that I loved the most! I think I need to find one of these to put together. Does anyone know if these Monster Scenes have ever been reissued?

AWESOME!

By far my fav of the series. In fact it was that gothic looking skull atop the pendulum that I loved the most! I think I need to find one of these to put together. Does anyone know if these Monster Scenes have ever been reissued?

They have, but I'm not sure if all of them are available. There are also some new ones added to the mix. Sold under the company name Moebius. There's also a truly terrific book on the Monster Scenes. their history and scandalous nature, written with the participation of the guy who originally designed them. You can find it probably on Amazon. Author's last name is Prince.

tr6nc.jpg

wtf :o that is awesome!

geez... wow

today's flea market finds... I was torn between posting here or over in the CG thread.

since it seems to flow with this threads content... I chose to park it here...

not sure if any of these items were ever offered in horror mags

tttai.jpg

glow in the dark puffy stickers

tttd2.jpg

some sort of stamps... they have an adhesive on the back just like a stamp

ttthl.jpg

wolfman pencil topper eraser

tttk1.jpg

plastic coffin 1986

tttmb.jpg

hong kong ring

tr6nc.jpg

Now, that has to unbelievably rare. First one I have ever seen. A couple of years ago a friend found an Aurora monster monster building contest award plaque. Very cool relief Frankenstein bust. As envenious as I was, I was glad it went to him because he is a huge monster collector. Wish I had taken a picture of it.