• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Club Memorabilia

386 posts in this topic

tmcmn.jpg

ugh :facepalm:

the search continues...

all year I've been trying to marry these famous monster buttons to an original gumball card

last week I popped on an auction for one... It arrived today.

and you're right if you guessed it. it's a repro. it's a fake.

the seller has been cooperative and I'll be shipping it back to him tomorrow for a full refund once its received.

:sorry:

ve0fs.jpg

ve0hy.jpg

ve0lc.jpg

ve0nj.jpg

The front of the paper... that's right, I said paper. It's not on a card...

The front of the paper has a brownish tint to the boarder that is nonexistent on the back.

This dated look was copied over to the paper when the copy was made.

Also, in the upper right hand corner there is a copy of a paint smudge. And at the the bottom of the paper just under the creature's head there is a white line that was also transferred over from the original when the copy was made. The dated front and crisp white backing were a dead giveaway.... And it's on Xerox paper

The seller denied it at first, then I had to send these photos describing each indication.

He later stated that he didn't want it back because it was a fake. I told him that I will ship it back to him for a full refund and he agreed.

Sorry to hear that but you can tell how thin the paper is from the back side from your scan that it's definitely not card stock. Glad you're getting your money back! You did good in taking pics to back up your position. I had a similar transaction with a comic that had extensive color touch. I took multiple pics to demonstrate what I was talking about and sent them to the seller after he stated he didn't know what I was talking about. This seller had sold multiple vintage comics so it was hard to believe he didn't know what I was talking about. I got my refund after I sent him the proof.

thanks! these patches are all 3 inches in diameter. however, this one was removed from a vest of patches and has shrunk in size as well as thinned out from being washed and beat up over the years. it's a beautiful piece and an excellent place holder till I can find an upgrade.

these patches are tough to come by, especially the Vampirella one! so who knows when that might be!

i purchased the King Kong bank from the original owner who ordered it straight out of the pages of famous monsters of filmland magazine in the 60s (issue no.7 or 9?). it was a bit of a cliff hanger because the package disappeared in New Jersey for 4 days. It arrived after 5 days on my doorstep unscathed (priority 2day). Shipping and receiving packages this time of year can be very nerve wrecking - but this little guy is now safe and sound. It's an amazing piece!

considering it was only $2.25 shipped back in the 60s, yeah it was. but I cashed in my ebay bucks on this one so it helped a bit. this is one of the more elusive captain company items and steadily sells for $50-70 when it does emerge on the net

im happy with the purchase price and its remarkable condition