• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Club Memorabilia

386 posts in this topic

also created for the same contest...

tuzyp.jpg

"vintage 60s factory produced piece (not homemade or something), and originally made for the Aurora monster model contest... but it was not made by Aurora Plastics (which made injected plastic products, not metal trophies). They were produced by a company that specifically made metal trophies, for the Aurora sponsored contest. model stores were giving these away for the Aurora Master Monster Model contest and this is how they were offered to hobby stores by Trost Hobby in Chicago in the mid 1960s."

OK, gang looked around and didn't find much but here is what I turned up. I thought I had the Famous Monsters paperbacks but couldn't find them.

horrormagazinepins_zpsmvkk2bnw.jpg

I have all 3 of the FM pb's and got Forry J. to autograph them for me when he toured with his last book. I actually dig those pb's more than the magazine itself. I was much more of a Castle Of Frankenstein enthusiast, and one of my prizes is a complete run of that stellar periodical!!!!

I was one of the lucky ones to tour Forry's house back in the day. I went with a friend. Mind blowing experience. The FM pin was given to me by him.

That's fantastic! I remember seeing pics in the FM mags about his collection and always wished I could have seen it. Did you/were you allowed to take pictures? :wishluck:

I was one of the lucky ones to tour Forry's house back in the day. I went with a friend. Mind blowing experience. The FM pin was given to me by him.

That's fantastic! I remember seeing pics in the FM mags about his collection and always wished I could have seen it. Did you/were you allowed to take pictures? :wishluck:

I don't know. I didn't have a camera with me anyway. It was the coolest "museum" I've ever been to. I was 15 and went with a friend. It was in his house and he allowed fans to come over to check it out. VERY cool guy. He even let me try on Dracula's ring.

twa7i.jpg

"Rich Palmer ran the nations largest volume volume hobby shop in Parsippany, New Jersey. Aurora hired him to organize it's monster customizing contest in 1954. Aurora received national television attention when the cbs evening news visited his shop. Walter Cronkite and Palmer held a conversation in the Monster Korner of the store. Big Frankie occupies the top shelf in the Monster Korner."

twaoh.jpg