• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,467 posts in this topic

Back from CGC yesterday. Earliest comic book sized or larger format 9.6 in census; only a digest sized Mickey Mouse Magazine dairy giveaway from 1935 is earlier overall.

MM27_960001_1300.jpg

Oh my! :cloud9:

Back from CGC yesterday. Earliest comic book sized or larger format 9.6 in census; only a digest sized Mickey Mouse Magazine dairy giveaway from 1935 is earlier overall.

MM27_960001_1300.jpg

Gorgeous book, tb! (worship)

:o High grade, bright colors and ow/w pages. What's not to love!

Wonderful red cover, and all you can do is look but not touch! :baiting:

Edited by tth2

Wonderful red cover, and all you can do is look but not touch! :baiting:

Nor rub my nose in the bouquet of those beautiful pages. :cry:

It's nice to hear that other people enjoyed the scan. I've owned this book raw for over 8 years. It was always pretty, but, to be completely honest, the label doesn't hurt my appreciation of it. Fundamentally, though, the kick I get from seeing a beautiful book will always be 90% about aesthetics. In my eyes, a high technical grade will not be able to make up for faded colors or a dust shadow. One of the biggest thrills for me is to find one of these Goldilocks books where "everything is just right".

These ones were too good to pass on:

Scrooge_026.jpg

Scrooge_028.jpg

I think the Dell Scrooges are still my favourite comics of all time.

Those two have particularly nice covers! Some Scrooge covers leave me borderline unimpressed. But as a character I like Uncle Scrooge so much that some day I might very well spring for this Giuseppe Armani figurine:

AUncleScrooge.jpg

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

MM27_960001_1300.jpg

Spectacular! Simply spectacular!

(worship)

Where//how did you acquire it?

???

Fundamentally, though, the kick I get from seeing a beautiful book will always be 90% about aesthetics. In my eyes, a high technical grade will not be able to make up for faded colors or a dust shadow. One of the biggest thrills for me is to find one of these Goldilocks books where "everything is just right".

Right on! My thoughts exactly.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

I received a Disney company magazine the other day with an article on the history of Goofy. I was surprised at the bottom to see a poster from the first solo Goofy cartoon as it is the cover of the only MMM in my collection.

I've posted the cover below along with the back cover which is just as much fun.

This book is an undercopy from TB that I bought off EBay although I don't think I knew it was TB when I bought it. Anyway, maybe we can start posting TB's undercopies now!!

123811.jpg.c3dcb59ca7a7349da66f3c5889906192.jpg

123812.jpg.879f9ed8e984739d9f6c3c46164095d7.jpg

123813.jpg.586c2e385a991c81990992df9429792c.jpg

123814.jpg.b7b00faed5dc96b8e6c2292b435a1738.jpg

It was fun that you were the buyer. I like this cover a lot, and so does someone else evidently as it is one of the few times where I've been outbid on a Mickey Mouse Magazine (usually high grade copies are cheap compared to other titles from the 1930s).

Thanks for posting the article. If it is possible for outsiders to subscribe, I would appreciate the details.

Christmas occurred in March this year. It was easier to finish my Christmas Parade run this month than it was in December.

6990287767_711c3082c8_z.jpg

Cool! I love the Christmas Giants Dell published. And every one of those features at least one duck!

(thumbs u