• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,468 posts in this topic

tb has been so gracious to share all of his beautiful Mickey Mouse Magazines with us that I wanted to thank him in a special way. He took on a difficult task, trying to find high grade copies of those beautiful MMMs from the 1930's, a period from which relatively few high grade books still exist. But he loved the Disney art, and he had the patience (which I usually lack) and focus to do it right and after several years has put together what I feel is the finest collection of MMMs ever assembled. I think it is nothing short of amazing that the majority of his books grade 9.0 or above. Although the images of each book by necessity will be small, I am happy to present his entire collection in a group image for the first time. Thanks tb!

tbcollection.jpg

Nothing short of miraculous. Unbelievable collecton. Not to mention the money needed to buy this kind f stuff.

Frankly, this would be substantial even if everybok were VG or less.

tb has been so gracious to share all of his beautiful Mickey Mouse Magazines with us that I wanted to thank him in a special way. He took on a difficult task, trying to find high grade copies of those beautiful MMMs from the 1930's, a period from which relatively few high grade books still exist. But he loved the Disney art, and he had the patience (which I usually lack) and focus to do it right and after several years has put together what I feel is the finest collection of MMMs ever assembled. I think it is nothing short of amazing that the majority of his books grade 9.0 or above. Although the images of each book by necessity will be small, I am happy to present his entire collection in a group image for the first time. Thanks tb!

tbcollection.jpg

I'm glad everyone likes it! I made it to fit 11"x17" paper as that is the biggest that my printer will take. Wally World has modern frames of that size for $3.95 and it looks great in them. I haven't checked to see how large it can be printed before you lose too much resolution, but I think I did each magazine at 300 dpi. Wouldn't it be fantastic as a poster!

I really appreciate the nice surprise, YK. It's the first time I see the books presented so beautifully myself. When I started out, I never dreamed that it would be possible to put together a run like this. And as for the cost, there are less than 10 issues that I paid over $1,000 for each; I was lucky to get most in the early days of eBay, long before CGC grading became available. No one ever recommended the title to me and there were never any bragging rights to claim; I just started assembling the books because I somehow really liked them myself and went by my own instincts. All the nice feedback I've received over the years has been a pleasant surprise which made the project even more rewarding as I unexpectedly saw many of you appreciate the beauty and history of an extreme niche title like this the same way I did. Another very positive surprise has been all the help I've received from strangers who unselfishly sold me books that they valued because they wanted my project to succeed. In many ways, the end result is evidence of how nice and enjoyable collecting comics can be. If my upcoming projects turn out anywhere near as rewarding, I will be very happy.

Great display! Kudos!

hm

It's kind of remarkable that (by my count anyway) Mickey appears on the cover 24 times out of 60 issues - less than half of the covers of his own magazine lol

I love those non-Mickey covers in particular. (I'm trying really, really hard not to start collecting this title!) :pullhair:

tbcollection.jpg

That's so pretty I felt the need to quote it. :applause:

What an achievement!

A stunning group shot but an even more amazing achievement!!!! (worship)

tbcollection.jpg
(worship)

I'm sure this has been answered roughly one million times but what is considered the first American comic appearance of Donald Duck? Is it Four Color 4?