• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Here is my little ducky.

I'm glad you've posted that.

74288.jpg

I have a copy of the other, # 1198. Was this a reprint within the FC series? How many other instances of this was there. I think it did happen with Dumbo, are those it?

Here's my copy of 1198 -

74289.jpg.904e5ebd337f53d2dfb06763730e8821.jpg

These are great books, I highly recommend them if your interest in comics goes beyond the simple story. Disney or Western was trying to make a run at the educational market with these and some of the other fifties books like those about Space.

I have some great Disney soft bounds from the True Life Adventure series as well as the Space series that are pictorial educational books. I still refer to them today at times as they are so well done.

Here is my little ducky.

Really glad to have a copy of this one again. Halloween 1943 :cloud9:

3288007041_db095b54d7_o.jpg

I love holiday issue covers......especially old ones. Nice book shivers

At every show I go to I look to pick up a nice F-VF Comics and Stories from the mid forties for about $50. It is getting a little harder these days but I am usually successful. I usually poke around in the boxes of the book dealers who have the offhand box of comics. There is usually interesting stuff in there and quite often some old WDC&S. A great book to collect!

I got turned onto these early Comics and Stories books by Gary Sassaman who had a table at a Seuling show in the early 70's and was selling early 50's Comics and Stories for $1. I picked up several and still have them. Gary is currently the program and communications director for Comic Con and a pretty talented guy. He also had a fanzine for awhile called Innocent Bystander.

Anyone else noticing how issues #38, 41 -46, 48 are becoming a lot tougher? I am not sure why exactly, but dealer lists are mostly out, and they are on ebay far less frequently. This is my favorite era (#31-51) so I have been paying a lot of attention & am really shocked at the dearth!

There are some good stories in that era. I like the tail end of it best though - The duck in the iron pants for example! (thumbs u