• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,441 posts in this topic

Nice book, Andrew, and as long as you brought the subject up, I'll pose the question:

What is the most popular method of determining Far Market Value?

Completed eBay sales?

GPA (I know it is only for graded books)?

Comicspriceguide?

*cough* Overstreet *cough*?

Or a combination thereof?

Still some way to go but slowly making progress. Not recommended for impatient collectors.

wdcs1to10.jpg

Usually, all my books of any value are in safety deposit, but I had these out today and thought I'd share a group shot. I think I have half a dozen more, but they were in storage somewhere else.

mmm94plus.jpg

Still some way to go but slowly making progress. Not recommended for impatient collectors.

wdcs1to10.jpg

If you only bought one of each it would go faster. :baiting:

Only kidding - what a lovely group of comics!

These are great books! #9 has always been a personal favorite because it was the first book my older brother could remember reading and it brought tears to eyes when I gave him a reader copy one Christmas

Getting ready to head to San Diego for a day or two this week. Right now Wednesday Preview night is on with Busted Flush to look at Golden Age books; then Saturday with the family to attend the Little Lulu fan group meeting. It will probably be our last show as a family due to changing admission guidelines. Luckily, I qualify for a professional pass so I don't have to deal with the lottery like nature of getting tickets these days.

I will keep an eye out for early WDCS and Disneys and see what shows up for sale. It is usually slim pickings but every now and then something fun shows up like the book below which I picked up seven or eight years ago. Note the penciled in arrival date at the bottom.

127951.jpg.e0b0560bc82b598f7fdd01884309409a.jpg

That's a pretty #13. I used to have a #7 with the same beautiful handwriting which must have been from the same collection, but I can't find a scan. I bought it from "Tomorrow's Treasures" around 10-12 years ago and remember that he had several issues from the same owner back then.

Nice book, Andrew, and as long as you brought the subject up, I'll pose the question:

What is the most popular method of determining Far Market Value?

Completed eBay sales?

GPA (I know it is only for graded books)?

Comicspriceguide?

*cough* Overstreet *cough*?

Or a combination thereof?

I use eBay, coffee beans, GPA, tarot cards, and the Heritage archives in no particular order. Researching certified books is a lot easier. comixpriceguide (with "x") was an awesome service, but they stopped updating their database last fall.

That's a pretty #13. I used to have a #7 with the same beautiful handwriting which must have been from the same collection, but I can't find a scan. I bought it from "Tomorrow's Treasures" around 10-12 years ago and remember that he had several issues from the same owner back then.

Wow, TB. My book is from the same collection. I also bought it from Rich at Tomorrow's Treasures. I remember trying to figure out which book to buy in that batch; he had about ten or twelve early comics and stories for sale. I finally settled on the #13. It is a beautiful book. I wish I could have bought more but I only have so much comic money each year.

wdcs1to10.jpg

Usually, all my books of any value are in safety deposit, but I had these out today and thought I'd share a group shot. I think I have half a dozen more, but they were in storage somewhere else.

mmm94plus.jpg

:headbang::applause: (thumbs u (worship)

Glad the rehashed group shots were popular.

I also find the newspaper image on the bottom right funny.

lol. It was 114 degrees (46C) outside on Sunday so I had to get the books in and out very quickly: no time being picky about the setup.

I know it is not duck related but I remember reading a discussion of Don Rosa's "The Pertwillaby Papers" and "Captain Kentucky" in here so I thought I would share the indiegogo campaign that is currently underway. Don Rosa Classics

They are offering hardback copies of either "The Pertwillaby Papers" or "Captain Kentucky" for $35 or $70 for the pair. Just thought a few of you might be interested in case you hadn't seen it. :)

Ok fine believers of Barks.

Youve won !

I now have a huge headache from the posting of those books,and have now added the words Barks books to my already cosmic-sized want list.

I hate you all,but then again, ilove you all also. :grin:

Any great books on Barks i should read first ?

I was raised on Disney books and records as a child,so those memories will never ever leave me.

And ive been collecting Disney records and Disneyland stuff now. :cloud9:

I hope you people are happy. lol

Youve won !

I now have a huge headache from the posting of those books,and have now added the words Barks books to my already cosmic-sized want list.

I was raised on Disney books and records as a child,so those memories will never ever leave me.

Welcome aboard. I'd apologise, but I think this is a good thing for you.

My picks for you would be:

Any of the first ten Uncle Scrooge title (FC 386 through to Uncle Scrooge 10) - no duds in that lot.

Donald Duck one-shots in Four Color:

Lost in the Andes (223)

Christmas for Shacktown (267)

Luck of the North (256)

The WDC&S 10 page stories are definitely not second rate either - some of those are wonderful. A few favourites of mine are Money Bin Tornado (WDC&S 126) - might be my favourite barks story - Marharaja of Howdoyoustan (138) and Omelet (141?)

And lots more - just jump in.

Youve won !

Welcome aboard. I'd apologise, but I think this is a good thing for you.

My picks for you would be:

Any of the first ten Uncle Scrooge title (FC 386 through to Uncle Scrooge 10) - no duds in that lot.

Donald Duck one-shots in Four Color:

Lost in the Andes (223)

Christmas for Shacktown (267)

Luck of the North (256)

The WDC&S 10 page stories are definitely not second rate either - some of those are wonderful. A few favourites of mine are Money Bin Tornado (WDC&S 126) - might be my favourite barks story - Marharaja of Howdoyoustan (138) and Omelet (141?)

And lots more - just jump in.

Thank you so much for all those titles,but what i meant to say was,any books on Carl Barks himself and his work at Disney ?

:grin: