• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,444 posts in this topic

For that I would recommend the following two publications:

1) Carl Barks, Conversations

51KyafS3oNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Nothing better than to read it from the guy's mouth with some good interviews

and

2) The Comics Journal # 227

6051271_1.jpg

Commemorative issue. It covers a lot of the ground of the interviews in the book above but has the advantage of having illustrations IIRC.

For that I would recommend the following two publications:

1) Carl Barks, Conversations

51KyafS3oNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Nothing better than to read it from the guy's mouth with some good interviews

and

2) The Comics Journal # 227

6051271_1.jpg

Commemorative issue. It covers a lot of the ground of the interviews in the book above but has the advantage of having illustrations IIRC.

Ahhh,good stuff.

Thanks a bunch. :applause:

Welcome aboard. I'd apologise, but I think this is a good thing for you.

My picks for you would be:

Any of the first ten Uncle Scrooge title (FC 386 through to Uncle Scrooge 10) - no duds in that lot.

Donald Duck one-shots in Four Color:

Lost in the Andes (223)

Christmas for Shacktown (267)

Luck of the North (256)

The WDC&S 10 page stories are definitely not second rate either - some of those are wonderful. A few favourites of mine are Money Bin Tornado (WDC&S 126) - might be my favourite barks story - Marharaja of Howdoyoustan (138) and Omelet (141?)

And lots more - just jump in.

Thank you so much for all those titles,but what i meant to say was,any books on Carl Barks himself and his work at Disney ?

:grin:

Reading comprehension fail. :tonofbricks:

There's a lot of good background material, interviews etc. in the Another Rainbow Carl Barks Library hardcovers. Of course, a 30 volume set is probably not the place to start. Barrier's book (title escapes me right now) isn't too bad either, although half of it is a checklist.

I believe you'd be better off waiting. While ducks in high grade bring a premium, ducks in mid grades probably (certainly ?) will sell under guide. I have most of the ducks so I am no longer buying any so others could chime him as well.

I believe you'd be better off waiting. While ducks in high grade bring a premium, ducks in mid grades probably (certainly ?) will sell under guide. I have most of the ducks so I am no longer buying any so others could chime him as well.

Under guide is my experience. $500 is well above GPA for a FC 386 in 5.0.

Condition is :o

And it's red :cloud9:

The prettiest copy of this superb cover I've ever seen. It's been hidden away for many years but I thought you should see it.

bee0002.jpg

Under guide is my experience. $500 is well above GPA for a FC 386 in 5.0.

Heritage sold a CGC 5.0 FC 386 for $310.70 in March 2011 and raw 5.0 for $262.90 in June 2012. You should find plenty of mid-grade FC 386 under guide. Be patient.

Hello!

I love Barks ducks so here are two of my favorite books. I'm still looking for one of these in above 9.0 so if anybody has one for sale :hi:

And, yes, I know about the 9.2 at Metropolis. :insane:

DD_26_Crippen_CGC_front.jpg

DD_26_CGC_Front.jpg

Back from the stratosphere that is the tb collection, here's a very presentable WDC&S #100 I picked up on eBay for an agreeable price.

It is now safe to take off your sunglasses. :cool:

wdcs_100.jpg

With this one I have #66 - #100 complete. If I can find 64 and 65 I'll have #55 up done with only a couple under Fine. Gettin' there...

As usual, you have a good eye for beautiful copies, AJD.

Have you considered letting your turtle run a little longer to include the great Barks covers between 100 and 110 or so? To me, those are some of the most attractive issues in the entire run. After that, there is a longer period with so-so covers that could be skipped with less of a loss.

As usual, you have a good eye for beautiful copies, AJD.

Have you considered letting your turtle run a little longer to include the great Barks covers between 100 and 110 or so? To me, those are some of the most attractive issues in the entire run. After that, there is a longer period with so-so covers that could be skipped with less of a loss.

Thanks tb. I already have nice copies of a few of those. 108 is one of my absolute favorites and I bought one a few years back. I have toyed with the idea of 'up to the end of Walt Kelly'. I plan to live for a while yet, so we'll see. lol