• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,445 posts in this topic

I got my Christmas ducks in from Heritage today. No tree photo I'm afraid, but here are the books.

I've picked up a few books that came out of these 'six hole' bound volumes. They are all nice books.

WDCampS_019_zpsovxljfhq.jpg

This #40 was listed by Heritage as a G/VG but I have no idea why. It's much nicer than that, and I'm glad I took a chance on it.

WDCampS_040_zpsqwo5un1a.jpg

This #38 was a spur of the moment thing. The chip bugs me more than I thought it would, but I'll just file it under 'first world problem' and move on...

wdcamps_038_zpsx8vs5g3i.jpg

I picked up this Walt Disney's Comics and Stories v2 #6 in an online auction a couple weeks ago and was very happy with the condition when I received it. Finally got around to getting some pictures to share here. This is the first time I've owned one of these GA books - and am very impressed with the color quality and artwork.

I think this might be a book to get graded, but was surprised to see only 11 of these are graded on the CGC Census page. If I could get a 6.0 or better grade for this, seems like a no-brainer to send it in, right?

Spine of the book is good, slight roll to it - so it could probably use a press. 1/4 inch tear on right edge of cover, and light pencil "W" on the O of comics - but otherwise very clean looking cover and back. Pages on inside show some moisture discoloration at the top of the book.

WDCS%2018_zpsvikbk3wp.jpg52BA28A1-721E-4D3F-9E46-0016BD0C695D_zpsyqdtpdnt.jpgWDCS%2018%20v5_zpsr1hzwwnd.jpg

WDCS%2018%20v2_zps9wruehxy.jpgCE44F0A9-E7C1-4860-949A-0F372E5139DD_zps7vqrrxry.jpgC419E429-C09C-4DC2-B8C2-91DDF3154433_zpsxbbq8hcw.jpg

[

WDCS%2018%20v8_zpshnbgwmct.jpg

I got my Christmas ducks in from Heritage today. No tree photo I'm afraid, but here are the books.

I've picked up a few books that came out of these 'six hole' bound volumes. They are all nice books.

WDCampS_019_zpsovxljfhq.jpg

This #40 was listed by Heritage as a G/VG but I have no idea why. It's much nicer than that, and I'm glad I took a chance on it.

WDCampS_040_zpsqwo5un1a.jpg

This #38 was a spur of the moment thing. The chip bugs me more than I thought it would, but I'll just file it under 'first world problem' and move on...

wdcamps_038_zpsx8vs5g3i.jpg

Beautiful too!

I picked up this Walt Disney's Comics and Stories v2 #6 in an online auction a couple weeks ago and was very happy with the condition when I received it. Finally got around to getting some pictures to share here. This is the first time I've owned one of these GA books - and am very impressed with the color quality and artwork.

I think this might be a book to get graded, but was surprised to see only 11 of these are graded on the CGC Census page. If I could get a 6.0 or better grade for this, seems like a no-brainer to send it in, right?

Spine of the book is good, slight roll to it - so it could probably use a press. 1/4 inch tear on right edge of cover, and light pencil "W" on the O of comics - but otherwise very clean looking cover and back. Pages on inside show some moisture discoloration at the top of the book.

WDCS%2018_zpsvikbk3wp.jpg52BA28A1-721E-4D3F-9E46-0016BD0C695D_zpsyqdtpdnt.jpgWDCS%2018%20v5_zpsr1hzwwnd.jpg

WDCS%2018%20v2_zps9wruehxy.jpgCE44F0A9-E7C1-4860-949A-0F372E5139DD_zps7vqrrxry.jpgC419E429-C09C-4DC2-B8C2-91DDF3154433_zpsxbbq8hcw.jpg

[

Great book.

Could definitely use a press. Looks like the top of the book was wet at some point.

CGC has gotten fussier about stains in the past few years, but I could see that book getting a 6.0 after a press. But, then, I'm a lousy grader! :D

[

Nice book. I don't see a need to slab unless you plan on selling it. It looks better outside of plastic!

Ah, the famous Aladdin Lamp's story! :)

Actually, compared to the italian books from the same period, the printing in the american Disney comics is not so stellar… We really had top quality in terms of printing.

I was thinking that this week as I was reading my mid forties WDCS recent buys. Still it is part of the vintage charm!

Ah, the famous Aladdin Lamp's story! :)

Actually, compared to the italian books from the same period, the printing in the american Disney comics is not so stellar… We really had top quality in terms of printing.

I was thinking that this week as I was reading my mid forties WDCS recent buys. Still it is part of the vintage charm!

That early issue shown by westerberg, however, looks printed pretty well.

When Fantagraphic started the full chronologic reprint of the Mickey Mouse strips, for some sources they went to the early italian editions (the b&w ones, that is, but color was also printed very well).

Printing quality of american GA books is a bit variable in quality (maybe according to the periods as well?): in my small collecting I seem to get the Lev Gleason titles were well printed… the WDC&S so so, but of course the newsprint paper, albeit poor, had great rendition in terms of colors. Also because colorists were very good!

And yes, that is the 1943 promotional giveaway in 6.5. Only 11 graded copies!
Great books - especially like this one! :applause::headbang::applause:

Stoked that David Tennant will be starring as Uncle Scrooge McDuck in the new DuckTales series!
:o

A quick question for the Duck experts here: One of my projects for the year is going to be working on my collection of the Barks Uncle Scrooge issues. I'm not trying to get all the Barks Scrooge appearances, just the Scrooge feature, if that makes sense. With that said, does anybody know off the top of their head where Barks worked on the Uncle Scrooge feature outside of Uncle Scrooge 1-71? I have Uncle Scrooge Goes to Disneyland and Disneyland Birthday Party, but are there any others I should be on the look out for?