• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,445 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 10:09 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Nope.  I read my Gladstone reprint instead last night.  I loved the purchase so much that it prompted me to buy a Four Color #62 from mycomicshop.  I’ve been listing stuff on eBay all day to pay it off my card

IMG_0906.jpeg

Wow that's quite the one two punch of Barks fun!! Plus I didn't realize Gary Dolgoff was still selling comics! He's a good old time dealer. He probably had that in stock a long time!!

On 2/4/2024 at 4:51 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Wow that's quite the one two punch of Barks fun!! Plus I didn't realize Gary Dolgoff was still selling comics! He's a good old time dealer. He probably had that in stock a long time!!

About 10 years ago Dolgoff was selling a complete collection of Junior Woodchucks.  I couldn’t afford it at the time and tried to get my Dad to go in half with me.  He declined at the time but now he wishes we had pulled the trigger on them.  Just think, we could have compiled our own Junior Woodchuck Handbook!

On 2/5/2024 at 11:37 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

About 10 years ago Dolgoff was selling a complete collection of Junior Woodchucks.  I couldn’t afford it at the time and tried to get my Dad to go in half with me.  He declined at the time but now he wishes we had pulled the trigger on them.  Just think, we could have compiled our own Junior Woodchuck Handbook!

That's a fun series. I've got a bunch I bought off the stands in the seventies. Probably not too rare except in high grade and maybe the later issues when distribution got spotty.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:49 PM, AJD said:

Great stuff Bob. I have one of Barks' books as well - an Uncle Scrooge #56. I don't think I can show it here and I really wish it was in a CGC slab instead, but here's the COA.

CoA_US56.thumb.jpg.88aafd36e3f1a1890289c696407b554c.jpg

Is it ungraded (raw)? Or another company’s slab? I thought back in 2008 CGC was the only option. Although not a  “Pedigree” it is noted as being from the Barks estate on the label. 

On 2/13/2024 at 8:49 PM, AJD said:

Great stuff Bob. I have one of Barks' books as well - an Uncle Scrooge #56. I don't think I can show it here and I really wish it was in a CGC slab instead, but here's the COA.

CoA_US56.thumb.jpg.88aafd36e3f1a1890289c696407b554c.jpg

You can post the book, PGX? ,,, you just have to crop out the label. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/14/2024 at 9:49 AM, AJD said:

I have one of Barks' books as well - an Uncle Scrooge #56. I don't think I can show it here and I really wish it was in a CGC slab instead, but here's the COA.

Just take a pic or scan without the label showing.

On 2/11/2024 at 7:52 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Recent pick-up from my LCS.

Pic of Carl Barks with signature from 1993 Diamond Re-Sellers  Seminar.

Carl Barks diamond.jpg

carl barks signed pic.jpg

I was there, young and stupid.  Didn't make time during the event to go to the Barks exhibit.  But did have a lovely, low-key chat with Stan Lee and Clive Barker while we waited for some hall to open.  Rode roller coasters with Neil Gaiman that same dealers con.  

On 2/15/2024 at 1:21 AM, jimjum12 said:

This, while not a Barks cover, has always been a favorite cover(Kelly) and I rarely see a decent one. I'm sure they're out there, maybe not enough motivation to sell? GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...I've always had a soft spot for Snow White and The Little Dudes ... saw it at the theatre as a wee lad :cloud9: ... back in the days when the World was still full of happy endings. I even had, as an instructor, one of the original Disney Gang, his name was Milt. Cool as could be. 

JMr20g4.jpg

I've yet to score any of the Dwarf covers in this era though I am always bidding on them and trying to find a good one. Great book!