• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,444 posts in this topic

Yes.

He is a force of nature. (worship)

Please send me a pm in the future if my scans are giving you problems. I have a super-fast connection here in Silicon Valley and don't notice it.

Most scans are not a problem. Just when you put up one zillion thumbnails. :baiting:

My problem wasn't the thumbnails. I like them. It's the continued quoting and requoting that slowed me down.

Agreed.

1603441504_dd34e67674_b.jpg

This isn't me. I am old and falling apart. Besides, I only have three or four boxes of old Barks and Rosa comics but they are tucked away and seldom read. I do pick up a new Rosa comic for fun about once a month. I found this photo on line. I think the Duck fans in Europe still enjoy their comics. This is the way I used to store all my silver age books, i.e., open shelves and stacked up for easy access. That's the way it was back when I used to spend a lot of time reading the comics instead of reading about comics. Please excuse the stolen photo (I hope it shows). It just reminded me of my lost youth.

bb

Thought some of the new board members might enjoy these (4 years since I last posted the scans). Both are essentially flawless and I can't imagine there could be nicer copies in existence. If Edgar Church had collected Disney, this is what I imagine his books would have looked like.

CE_M3-5.jpg

CE_M3-7.jpg

Thought some of the new board members might enjoy these (4 years since I last posted the scans). Both are essentially flawless and I can't imagine there could be nicer copies in existence. If Edgar Church had collected Disney, this is what I imagine his books would have looked like.

CE_M3-5.jpg

CE_M3-7.jpg

Great comics and the condition is (worship)

I though Church did collect Disney but they were dumped before Chuck turned up.

This isn't me. I am old and falling apart. Besides, I only have three or four boxes of old Barks and Rosa comics but they are tucked away and seldom read. I do pick up a new Rosa comic for fun about once a month. I found this photo on line. I think the Duck fans in Europe still enjoy their comics. This is the way I used to store all my silver age books, i.e., open shelves and stacked up for easy access. That's the way it was back when I used to spend a lot of time reading the comics instead of reading about comics. Please excuse the stolen photo (I hope it shows). It just reminded me of my lost youth.

bb

Ye cats! That is beyond commentability!

bb

ahh. the good ole days of reading comics and "tossing" them in a box or on a shelf...

Well...my first and foremost love are the duck books. I could never afford them even when they were less expensive, but lately I've had the good fortune to get a few "dream" books that I always wanted - not the least of which was my US#1 - man....I'd stay awake at night dreaming of owning one when I was 11. I used to read the Overstreet Guide at bed and memorize all the books and prices ..... sheesh... what a geek I *was* :)

Here are my "older" favourites.

386.jpg

108.jpg

159.jpg

189.jpg

3.jpg

32.jpg

408.jpg

71.jpg

98.jpg

bb

Ye cats! That is beyond commentability!

not quite

49511-PRESSED.jpg

Jack

At the moment, this has been my favorite thread on the whole board for months. Glad it's back. I need to post some low grade ducks I've bought in the past couple of months.

Here are some books that aren't quite so old, but which I like for various reasons:

First Magica

36.jpg

Christmas cover -- very, very rare on Disney books! :grin:

40.jpg

The 60's were all about the space race (and other stuff). I like to think of this as the book closest to having psychedelic coloring for Uncle Scrooge (it's a stretch, but hey!

49.jpg

This one was a just a book that I was hoping to get in better grade - those tricky black covers!

140.jpg

And....some much more modern books. Yet the 310 is really scarce as far as I can tell. Nice painted covers. (and, yes....ouch on the 309 corner....one day I'll replace it)

309.jpg

310.jpg