• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,441 posts in this topic

The 60's were all about the space race (and other stuff). I like to think of this as the book closest to having psychedelic coloring for Uncle Scrooge (it's a stretch, but hey!

49.jpg

One of my favorite of Bark's "modern" Duck stories. :cloud9:

The 60's were all about the space race (and other stuff). I like to think of this as the book closest to having psychedelic coloring for Uncle Scrooge (it's a stretch, but hey!

49.jpg

One of my favorite of Bark's "modern" Duck stories. :cloud9:

Great Cover on that one!

Does anyone happen to have a raw Uncle Scrooge 45? There is supposedly a Dell ad on the inside front cover that I am very interested in seeing (can't explain now but will do so later). I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help...

Does anyone happen to have a raw Uncle Scrooge 45? There is supposedly a Dell ad on the inside front cover that I am very interested in seeing (can't explain now but will do so later). I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help...
Sorry for the delay. Had to work late last night.

Front then back inside covers.

th_US435insidefc-1.jpgth_US435insidebc-1.jpg

Thanks a lot, transplant, that's the one I was looking for.

And it is hard to argue with ft88 regarding the WDCS 108 cover. Barks submitted this in February 1949, just a couple of months after the "Race to the South Seas" story.

Great books bergdoll :applause: Post more!

98.jpg

I love this cover. I hope to get a copy this year as a birthday present for my son who was born just before Halloween last year.

40.jpg

I just recently bought a Barks signed copy of this book. I was thinking of it as a Christmas present for my boy but I may just keep it as a Christmas present for myself :devil:

Well...my first and foremost love are the duck books. I could never afford them even when they were less expensive, but lately I've had the good fortune to get a few "dream" books that I always wanted - not the least of which was my US#1 - man....I'd stay awake at night dreaming of owning one when I was 11. I used to read the Overstreet Guide at bed and memorize all the books and prices ..... sheesh... what a geek I *was* :)

Here are my "older" favourites.

/comicsposts/98.jpg[/img]

There are probably a number of us who had the same childhood fantasies about finding rare comics. For me it was both Archie and Duck books. I finally got the Archie books and some of the duck books. Frozen Gold was the one I really wanted as a kid.

2144689313_9a7d135cf6_b.jpg

My copy of Donald Duck from 1936 looks pretty good but it is too large for the scanner. The dust cover has protected it all of these years. Unfortunately a near mint dust cover may be worth more than the book.

BB

Oops, fixed the broken link (scans in tth2's quote above). My favorite purchase of 2007: I had never seen a FN copy of this issue before. This one is an easy 9.2 or 9.4.

Based on the front cover scan, and with all the usual caveats about not really being able to grade accurately from a scan, etc., I`d be shocked if it got anything less than a 9.4. It is really stunning!

Edited by tth2

In GPAnalysis' list of top selling Platinum/GA titles for 2007, I was surprised to find both Four Color and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories in the top 10. Four Color is in 6th place, right after Action Comics, and WDC&S is in 10th, right after Captain America. Marvel Mystery (#2 up) is in 13th place.

Although I don't think this ranking reflects the overall market, I still think the numbers are quite remarkable given how little attention these titles receive on the boards. Even the top rated titles, Superman and Batman, each sold less than 2x the total for Four Color.

PS: Please don't post the full list: anyone interested can access it through GPAnalysis' service.