• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

I really liked BVS MOS, but I understand why they didn’t appeal to the masses. So I understand the need to make the characters/story more accessible. 

Another thing i find interesting is how Snyder is getting the credit in the tweets but this thread’s anti-Snyders attribute more to Whedon etc

Edited by jsilverjanet

56 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I really liked BVS MOS, but I understand why they didn’t appeal to the masses. So I understand the need to make the characters/story more accessible. 

Another thing i find interesting is how Snyder is getting the credit in the tweets but this thread’s anti-Snyders attribute more to Whedon etc

Without getting into politics, its a little bit like politics.  People end up thinking their party is responsible for the good stuff, and the other side is responsible for the bad stuff.  But in theory both sides are making an honest effort to do the right thing, the best way they can based on their perspective and experience.  Doesn't mean every decision on either side is  always right, or that the result is always the desired one (even if it was the right decision), but it also doesn't mean that one side is always awesome and the other is always awful.

As for reviews that will make me want to see this movie, I'm waiting for the one that says "I thought MOS, BVS, and SS were good but not great.  But Justice League is awesome!"

As much as some folks feel Rotten Tomatoes is just some innocent averaging of critic opinions, and may or may not have an impact on movie results, this morning RT posted a message when officially they would be listing the Justice League score. Like it was a special event.

Rotten Tomatoes Causes Controversy By Announcing Score Reveal For JUSTICE LEAGUE This Thursday

Jjxgdn2.png

A lot of fans place a great deal of importance on Rotten Tomatoes scores and while many argue that they don't really mean anything, the fact is that moviegoers are influenced by it and often choose whether or not to see a film as a result. Well, the company is clearly aware of how controversial their scores can be when it comes to DC Comics adaptations and they've now upset an awful lot of people! 

As you can see below, Rotten Tomatoes is heading down an unprecedented route by revealing the score for Justice League on one of their Facebook videos. Whether or not this means a score won't be generated on the site until then isn't clear but it's a strange move bound to generate controversy.

It's starting to look like RT is working towards making itself a final accessor on attending a film or not, versus 'just an aggregator of critic scores'.

Rotten Tomatoes will delay the release of its Justice League score, raising eyebrows

A couple weeks ago, on October 31, Rotten Tomatoes announced the launch of a weekly show called Rotten Tomatoes See It / Skip It, broadcast on Facebook via the social media site’s Watch platform. One of the show’s regular features is a “Tomatometer Score Reveal” — and this week’s reveal is Justice League, the hotly anticipated DC Extended Universe movie that unites Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, The Flash, and Superman. The episode containing the reveal is scheduled to air at 12:01 am on Thursday, November 16.

The choice to hold the film’s Tomatometer score is a savvy one, from Rotten Tomatoes’ perspective — especially as advertising for See It / Skip It. The site has long billed itself as merely a review aggregator, a kind of landing spot that gathers the critical opinions of thousands of “Tomatometer-approved critics” around the world, then assigns a score that correlates to the percentage of positive reviews.

But the site also publishes news, interviews, and columns, and by moving into original programming with See It / Skip It, hosted by entertainment journalists Jacqueline Coley and Segun Oduolowu, Rotten Tomatoes seems to be edging toward not just pointing towards others’ opinions but serving up some of its own.

And they are going to use Justice League to kick this service off versus any of the more recent films.

Edited by Bosco685