• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MDR123 said:

I have, I'd say solid B-. Character moments were great. Steppenwolf is mostly meh. These plot holes some speak of, not really sure what they are referring to. This was one of the more concise storylines in a DC Film. I'm going again Thursday. I'm glad it seems to be getting positive word of mouth so far. So much to say but I dont want to spoil it. 

Good deal.

Trying to decide which to go see, this or Thor. Waiting patiently.

'Justice League' Presales Outpacing 'Wonder Woman' on Fandango

As Justice League gets ready for its big theatrical debut, early reports seem to indicate that DC Films' big team-up event is already outpacing Wonder Woman in terms of Fandango ticket pre-sales.

According to Box Office Pro, Justice League currently sits with a 97 out of 100 "Fanticipation" rating on Fandango, which is truly an impressive score, which bodes well for Justice League's opening weekend box office.

Below are some additional number about the demographics involved with the Justice League ticket sales:

• 89% are fans of DC Entertainment.
  • 84% saw “Wonder Woman” on the big screen.
  • 80% are excited by the lighter tone of “Justice League”
  • 66% are fans of Jason Momoa from “Game of Thrones”
  • Fans picked Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Aquaman (Momoa) as the characters they most wanted to see in “Justice League.”

The bottom numbers mean nothing.  It's equivalent to the percent of (*) watching Fox News and (*) watching CNN (not political...just the best example).

The "Fanticipation" however is impressive.  I like everything I'm hearing so far from the reviews.  I'm all aboard the hype train...toot toot:banana:.

This is why I'm still frustrated about the embargo:pullhair:.  Should have been lifted long ago.  But what's done is done.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
the censor is strong on this forum LOL

‘Justice League’ To Prevail Around The World With $325M+ Start – Box Office Preview

by Anthony D'Alessandro

and Nancy Tartaglione

November 14, 2017 7:14pm

justice-league.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1
Warner Bros.

Theatrical moviegoing in all its zenith will continue to occur for the third weekend in a row as Warner Bros.’ ten-years-in-the-making DC superhero team-up Justice League finally opens to $325M-$355M worldwide propped by 4,040 stateside locations and a day-and-date global launch that includes China. Among all-time global openings Justice League‘s projection lands it above the debuts of Suicide Squad ($267M) and Deadpool ($264.7M) and just below Iron Man 3 ($372.5M). Broken out that’s $11oM-$120M at the domestic box office and anywhere from $215M-$235M overseas.

Domestic estimate seems way low.

Edited by paperheart

8 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The bottom numbers mean nothing.  It's equivalent to the percent of (*) watching Fox News and (*) watching CNN (not political...just the best example).

The "Fanticipation" however is impressive.  I like everything I'm hearing so far from the reviews.  I'm all aboard the hype train...toot toot:banana:.

This is why I'm still frustrated about the embargo:pullhair:Should have been lifted long ago.  But what's done is done.

Some of the reviews that came out last night might justify why they kept the embargo on late.From the reviews that got posted it looks like better than BvS but falls short of Wonder Woman.  

4 hours ago, paperheart said:

‘Justice League’ To Prevail Around The World With $325M+ Start – Box Office Preview

by Anthony D'Alessandro

and Nancy Tartaglione

November 14, 2017 7:14pm

justice-league.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1
Warner Bros.

Theatrical moviegoing in all its zenith will continue to occur for the third weekend in a row as Warner Bros.’ ten-years-in-the-making DC superhero team-up Justice League finally opens to $325M-$355M worldwide propped by 4,040 stateside locations and a day-and-date global launch that includes China. Among all-time global openings Justice League‘s projection lands it above the debuts of Suicide Squad ($267M) and Deadpool ($264.7M) and just below Iron Man 3 ($372.5M). Broken out that’s $11oM-$120M at the domestic box office and anywhere from $215M-$235M overseas.

Domestic estimate seems way low.

Domestic seems right to me, as I don't think anybody had such high expectations it would beat Thor: Ragnorak domestically.

The bigger question will be if Justice League has legs like Wonder Woman and ASM:Homecoming had.

I would expect word of mouth with reviews will be the deciding factor on that.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

27 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Some of the reviews that came out last night might justify why they kept the embargo on late.From the reviews that got posted it looks like better than BvS but falls short of Wonder Woman.

‘Might justify’ after the majority of the social media and video reviews call it ‘fun’ and ‘entertaining’, along with raving over the team itself and their interaction?

We’ll see soon.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

‘Might justify’ after the majority of the social media and video reviews call it ‘fun’ and ‘entertaining’, along with raving over the team itself and their interaction?

We’ll see soon.

My original predictions was this would be a decent critical hit and do decent box office hit. Seems like I am right on the mark. :preach:

I am going to see it over the next week, so I will judge it myself. I expect to enjoy it as I enjoyed Suicide Squad,Man of Steel and BvS

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

53 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

My original predictions was this would be a decent critical hit and do decent box office hit. Seems like I am right on the mark. :preach:

I am going to see it over the next week, so I will judge it myself. I expect to enjoy it as I enjoyed Suicide Squad,Man of Steel and BvS

You were right on the mark? Man, time flies. How many weeks was this at the theaters before the $600M you predicted became a reality?

:baiting:

I read some of the reviews. One critic said it is a D+. WTH?!