• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Rotten Tomatoes review embargo gets lifted tonight 11:50 pm PST/ 2:50 am EST for those that keep score! :preach:

If the embargo lifts tonight, why does their ad for the embargo lift say it happens Thursday?

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve check rotten tomatoes after seeing movies and cannot tell you how many times I’ve enjoyed a film that scored low and vice a versa

this emphasis on their score is as silly as two thumbs up

Good point.  Can you think of a movie that got a score less then 30 that you really liked?  I can't think of any off the top of my head but I tend to avoid rock bottom scores so that may slant my views.

Edited by 1Cool

I am sure that I have seen some that have low scores that I liked, just like I have hated films with high scores. RT is the ultimate herd mentality measure - how many critics are willing to go against the consensus view on movies? Critics are like lemmings for the most part - once the first influential review comes out they tend to follow suit.

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Good point.  Can you think of a movie that got a score less then 30 that you really liked?  I can't think of any off the top of my head but I tend to avoid rock bottom scores so that may slant my views.

The Boondock Saints (20%)

Spaceballs (54%)

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

When I get home I’ll post some- there’s quite a bit

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve check rotten tomatoes after seeing movies and cannot tell you how many times I’ve enjoyed a film that scored low and vice a versa

this emphasis on their score is as silly as two thumbs up

Good point.  Can you think of a movie that got a score less then 20 that you really liked?  I can't think of any off the top of my head but I tend to avoid rock bottom scores so that may slant my views.

I think for some of the 'dumber' comedies, I have still found them enjoyable even though they have lower scores.  I enjoy a movie that knows what its going for and gives it the audience.  Sometimes, that's really stupid stuff baked into a nonsensical plot, but still entertaining.  Like just running gags.  If I know what I'm getting into, and its just running gags, I can understand why film school dudes/ladies don't like it, but plays fine to me.

19 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Take 3 minutes of your time and watch this video.  Also check out his other videos.  Amazing!!!

When I see stuff like this, something in the back of my mind says "Sorcery! Demons! Begone!" 

1 hour ago, rogue14 said:

So has anyone on the boards seen the movie? What’s your take?

I have, I'd say solid B-. Character moments were great. Steppenwolf is mostly meh. These plot holes some speak of, not really sure what they are referring to. This was one of the more concise storylines in a DC Film. I'm going again Thursday. I'm glad it seems to be getting positive word of mouth so far. So much to say but I dont want to spoil it. 

56 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

If the embargo lifts tonight, why does their ad for the embargo lift say it happens Thursday?

They start posting the reviews late tonight but official score won't be until Thursday.

Rotten Tomatoes Are Delaying The Reveal of Justice League’s Score.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-rotten-tomatoes-score-delayed/

Rotten Tomatoes won’t be revealing Justice League‘s Tomatometer score until Thursday, over a day after the review embargo actually lifts. The DCEU team-up isn’t just one of the most anticipated films of the year, but specifically, one that audiences are eager to read reviews of considering the franchise’s varied reception previously and the Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon production’s turbulent journey to the big screen.

The social media embargo lifted last Friday, giving fans the very first reactions to the film (which were mixed with a positive skew) but the full review embargo doesn’t lift until Tuesday, 11/14 at 11:50 pm PST/ 2:50 am EST on Wednesday, 11/15.

31 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

They start posting the reviews late tonight but official score won't be until Thursday.

Rotten Tomatoes Are Delaying The Reveal of Justice League’s Score.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-rotten-tomatoes-score-delayed/

Rotten Tomatoes won’t be revealing Justice League‘s Tomatometer score until Thursday, over a day after the review embargo actually lifts. The DCEU team-up isn’t just one of the most anticipated films of the year, but specifically, one that audiences are eager to read reviews of considering the franchise’s varied reception previously and the Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon production’s turbulent journey to the big screen.

The social media embargo lifted last Friday, giving fans the very first reactions to the film (which were mixed with a positive skew) but the full review embargo doesn’t lift until Tuesday, 11/14 at 11:50 pm PST/ 2:50 am EST on Wednesday, 11/15.

The Tomatometer score is just positives divided by total number of reviews multiplied by 100 to get a percentage.  Why would they wait a day to do such simple math?  It's easily do-able in your head.

51 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

I have, I'd say solid B-. Character moments were great. Steppenwolf is mostly meh. These plot holes some speak of, not really sure what they are referring to. This was one of the more concise storylines in a DC Film. I'm going again Thursday. I'm glad it seems to be getting positive word of mouth so far. So much to say but I dont want to spoil it. 

One question, are Green Lantern or Darkseid in it? Feel free to PM.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The Tomatometer score is just positives divided by total number of reviews multiplied by 100 to get a percentage.  Why would they wait a day to do such simple math?  It's easily do-able in your head.

It's tied to the new Facebook show. That's why people are not happy what they are doing with this as an official announcement.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

The Eagle (39%) - One of the best Channing Tatum movies I have ever seen, with Jamie Bell as his Irish slave to a Roman Empire military officer.

incredible and underrated film.

Lot's of those out there don't trust the critics word for anything they lie :smile:

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I am sure that I have seen some that have low scores that I liked, just like I have hated films with high scores. RT is the ultimate herd mentality measure - how many critics are willing to go against the consensus view on movies? Critics are like lemmings for the most part - once the first influential review comes out they tend to follow suit.

Two movies I'll defend to the death:

Top Gun (Rotten, 56%)

Waiting (with Ryan Reynolds) (Rotten, 31%)