• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

It is quite simply horrible writing.

The act of breaking Zod's neck isn't what Superman (as we the public knows him) would do. Therefore I must conclude that it was done with purpose to show us a different Superman. I don't see why it was needed to be done that way. Write the defeat of Zod another way.

I am not certain about that. In the early GA books Supes killed bad guys. The earliest issue I have read is Action #14, and in that one he has no problem tossing the villains' (Ultra-humanite) henchmen out of a window in a skyscraper. Early Batman killed villains on a regular basis as well. 

They had to soften the heroes up to appease all of the weak-kneed young boomers in the 50s and 60s. :baiting:

33 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I kind of liked Age of Ultron so I'd be perfectly happy if JL is as enjoyable.  Age of Ulton got a 75 Rotten Tomato score so lets see how JL does tomorrow.

I hope not. I hope it is better. I regretted spending any $$$ on taking the kids to AoU in the theatre. We have watched the original Avengers movie a ton of times since it came out, but that was the one and only time for AoU. The only good that came out of it was the amount of $$$ I made from the multiple copies of Avengers #55 and #57 I had sitting in storage that were pretty much dead until the film. lol

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

I hope not. I hope it is better. I regretted spending any $$$ on taking the kids to AoU in the theatre. We have watched the original Avengers movie a ton of times since it came out, but that was the one and only time for AoU. The only good that came out of it was the amount of $$$ I made from the multiple copies of Avengers #55 and #57 I had sitting in storage that were pretty much dead until the film. lol

I know you disliked it. And it sure was not better or equal to Avengers 1. But I was okay with the movie. Just okay.

Not to say it really justified the level of success it experienced. But it did. So it's hard to challenge that.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I know you disliked it. And it sure was not better or equal to Avengers 1. But I was okay with the movie. Just okay.

Not to say it really justified the level of success it experienced. But it did. So it's hard to challenge that.

There are two Marvel movies that my kids and I have only watched/partially watched once......................AoU and Ant Man. Both were terrible in our view. lol 

Just now, comic_memories said:

I dont have a timeline but Marvel posts them weeks in advance

BS! They never release that info before official release date.

You are talking like a Marvel fanatic just looking to troll. Even Homecoming didn't release the numbers to the analytics sites until official release date.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

BS! They never release that info before official release date.

You are talking like a Marvel fanatic just looking to troll. Even Homecoming didn't release the numbers to the analytics sites until official release date.

you live in la la land......  the "STAR" production budget 20 mill.....http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thelamb.htm   release date 17 nov

Edited by comic_memories

you live in la la land......  the "STAR" production budget 20 mill.....http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thelamb.htm   release date 17 nov

No, I actually track this little movie thing as a hobby. But nice try.

Next Marvel movie I want you to go to Box Office Mojo and TheNumbers and track how long it takes for the official production budget to appear. DAY OF RELEASE will be the result.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

No, I actually track this little movie thing as a hobby. But nice try.

Next Marvel movie I want you to go to Box Office Mojo and TheNumbers and track how long it takes for the official production budget to appear. DAY OF RELEASE will be the result.

No, you can do it.. I don't always have time for this, have fun

1 minute ago, comic_memories said:

"Daisy Winters"   release date 1 December... budget 4.5 mill

Keep going. I want you to list out the budget for every movie coming in the next month. See what the results end up.

No, you can do it.. I don't always have time for this, have fun

Next time, just give it a try with any big-budget Fox, Sony, Marvel or WB movie. You will see Box Office Mojo and TheNumbers held up until release date. These small productions are knowing in advance they are not heavy on being tracked, so what do they have to lose?

The only recent big-budget that never confirmed a budget is Amazing Spider-Man 2. It came out through an analyst that had to reach more than one Sony person to get a hint to its size.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Next time, just give it a try with any big-budget Fox, Sony, Marvel or WB movie. You will see Box Office Mojo and TheNumbers held up until release date. These small productions are knowing in advance they are not heavy on being tracked, so what do they have to lose?

The only recent big-budget that never confirmed a budget is Amazing Spider-Man 2. It came out through an analyst that had to reach more than one Sony person to get a hint to its size.

Ignore Captain Marvel.

34 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am not certain about that. In the early GA books Supes killed bad guys. The earliest issue I have read is Action #14, and in that one he has no problem tossing the villains' (Ultra-humanite) henchmen out of a window in a skyscraper. Early Batman killed villains on a regular basis as well. 

They had to soften the heroes up to appease all of the weak-kneed young boomers in the 50s and 60s. :baiting:

regardless of early events, the character that is well established and well known in today's popular culture doesn't break anyone's neck. It is terrible writing IMHO.

Edited by Artboy99