• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Man I missed alot since yesterday.  This thread was crickets until the bad reviews starting rolling in.

Was not much to say until the proverbial damn broke.  Then it quickly dipped into the familiar territory of one side saying I told you so, and the other side saying the critics are biased and suck.

The big kicker being basically nobody here has even seen the film.

6 minutes ago, drotto said:

Was not much to say until the proverbial damn broke.  Then it quickly dipped into the familiar territory of one side saying I told you so, and the other side saying the critics are biased and suck.

The big kicker being basically nobody here has even seen the film.

But you'll tell us all the plot issues in advance, right?

:baiting:

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But you'll tell us all the plot issues in advance, right?

:baiting:

I was on record at least twice saying my gut said a 60 to 70 on RT so the movie would be fresh.  I was sckewing positive, based on the Twitter posts.  Guess we will see officially at 12 tonight.

I have no special knowledge on plot issues other than what reviews are pointing out.?

I've seen around a hundred tweets, posts, youtube videos etc and almost all of them are people saying go watch it, it was good, to oh my God I loved it.  Then as someone said the "real critics" started bashing it and now everyone is like I told you so.   It just doesn't make sense to me.  WHat makes them right and all others wrong.  Do you have to get a Phd in critiquing to watch and comment on a movie.   Hell even BvS had a 63% rating from 229,000 people.  That's far from great but it's a far cry from the score it was given by a mere few hundred critics.  I always look at the users rating for movies, it just seems to match my preferences.

46 minutes ago, bane said:

Can't argue there, Batman Begins remains the best Batman movie of all time.

:)

It is a favorite of mine as well.

I had something to do with the design of the suit. The company I worked for built 15 replica suits for use around the world at movie premieres.

0341capeopenresized.jpg

3 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

I've seen around a hundred tweets, posts, youtube videos etc and almost all of them are people saying go watch it, it was good, to oh my God I loved it.  Then as someone said the "real critics" started bashing it and now everyone is like I told you so.   It just doesn't make sense to me.  WHat makes them right and all others wrong.  Do you have to get a Phd in critiquing to watch and comment on a movie.   Hell even BvS had a 63% rating from 229,000 people.  That's far from great but it's a far cry from the score it was given by a mere few hundred critics.  I always look at the users rating for movies, it just seems to match my preferences.

Nothing make either side right or wrong, or most importantly right for you.  The issue arises with the general public who does not follow this stuff like us.  Does not research mmyultip me reviews and is much more likely to see the main street critic consensus and make their decision based on that.  That is the issue WB could face.

8 minutes ago, drotto said:
13 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Nothing make either side right or wrong, or most importantly right for you.  The issue arises with the general public who does not follow this stuff like us.  Does not research mmyultip me reviews and is much more likely to see the main street critic consensus and make their decision based on that.  That is the issue WB could face.

There may be a backlash against "critics" as well. Remember SS? There was plenty of bashing of critics as the movie continued to do well at the box office.

Personally, I think most critics are hacks that could not cut it in either real journalism or the entertainment industry from the production and/or talent side. Basically, those who can do, and those who can't become critics. You need zero specialized skills/training. All you have to do is be willing to voice an opinion as loud as you can. They add absolutely zero economic value in the grand scheme of things, yet they can influence the box office results of a film/play/concert. doh!