• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I read it and Superman 1 and Batman 1 as well yesterday.

Titans follows the standard "Heroes meet for the first time, fight, realize they are all heroes, best buds at the end" formula.

Superman was fairly boring minus the Superboy using his powers poorly part.

Batman rides an airplane with a Batrope and two stick on portable jet engines. It was kind of hokey.

All superhero stuff is hokey if you think about it too hard

I lied, grabbed 2 of each turtles....already sold.

Man. A few hours made all the difference between sold sets and sitting ducks.

Titans follows the standard "Heroes meet for the first time, fight, realize they are all heroes, best buds at the end" formula.

Batman rides an airplane with a Batrope and two stick on portable jet engines. It was kind of hokey.

Man. A few hours made all the difference between sold sets and sitting ducksturtles.

FTFY :foryou:

Man. A few hours made all the difference between sold sets and sitting ducksturtles.

FTFY :foryou:

:sorry:

Can't really explain the reasoning for this, but Suicide Squad #1 Jim Lee cover is "Out of Stock" on pre-order at Midtown. Seems odd that a pre-order would not be available for order.

they sometimes pull stuff until. right before release date...I've had that happen with midtown.

Can't really explain the reasoning for this, but Suicide Squad #1 Jim Lee cover is "Out of Stock" on pre-order at Midtown. Seems odd that a pre-order would not be available for order.

they sometimes pull stuff until. right before release date...I've had that happen with midtown.

Why? They can still place their order with Diamond. So they could sell 10 or 50,000 and they would print that many. In my understanding.

Why? They can still place their order with Diamond. So they could sell 10 or 50,000 and they would print that many. In my understanding.

no idea...I've just seen it happen in the past....unless they take so many orders then pull it for a bit then take more.

Do you think all the heat on these new Michael Turner variants will start drawing some interest in his older stuff?

Do you think all this heat on these new Michael Turner variants is genuine or just speculators selling to speculators?

Do you think all the heat on these new Michael Turner variants will start drawing some interest in his older stuff?

Do you think all this heat on these new Michael Turner variants is genuine or just speculators selling to speculators?

S2S

S2S

You believe the people paying $125-$150+ for the Batman Turner variants are speculators? they are doing it wrong then

S2S

You believe the people paying $125-$150+ for the Batman Turner variants are speculators? they are doing it wrong then

I think someone said this about the Batman 1 1:200 sketch variant during the New 52 launch once upon a time.

S2S

I think someone said this about the Batman 1 1:200 sketch variant during the New 52 launch once upon a time.

Well, I could name a book to illustrate the opposite. I will say that the Batman 1:200 sketch is more than likely far less printed and didn't go up exponentially overnight (even before release for that matter).

S2S

Well, I could name a book to illustrate the opposite.

You could, but it wouldn't mean anything since your example wouldn't be a Batman #1.

I will say that the Batman 1:200 sketch is more than likely far less printed

But that doesn't mean the Turner book can't exceed the price of the New 52 sketch variant. It isn't unusual for lower ratio incentive variants to outsell their higher ratio counterparts on the secondary market if the cover artwork is deemed more desirable by the buying collective. Its a Batman #1 with Turner artwork. You going to see another one of those in your lifetime?

and didn't go up exponentially overnight (even before release for that matter).

Which is why I think the current demand for the Turner book is from speculators buying from speculators. Too many people seeing a potential for meat left on the bone and too many reasons to support that position. In the current market its hardly an absurd price. And if you are in the habit of buying comics to resell them its far too easy to convince oneself that you can easily make up that $150 elsewhere. Like stumbling on a short box of Scarlet. Or a few copies of New Gods 7. Or any of the thousand other books that are currently desired by the market. While I'm not buying this book at its current prices I completely understand the reasons for doing so and I certainly am not going to tell the people who are that they are doing it wrong.

I was going to say Aleister Arcane, but looks like I'm a little late on that one. I did manage to order a NM #1 from Milehigh during for the half off deal, yesterday it was listed at $19 (so mine's about $9.50?), today they have it listed at $38 NM. Also, most listings I saw on eBay yesterday have been sold, including the rest of the run.

Edited by BishopT