• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2016 Heritage Auction

400 posts in this topic

The 159 cover is posted as well and it looks pretty sweet to me :luhv:

I have an issue with it:

"Please note: At some point, someone (probably not a professional artist) has attempted to ink Hammerhead back into the scene, using ballpoint pen."

Pepé!

Oh, no, what have I started . . .

:cry:

I have an issue with it:

"Please note: At some point, someone (probably not a professional artist) has attempted to ink Hammerhead back into the scene, using ballpoint pen."

doh !!1111

doh!

Interesting, the auction notes that possibly Andru's pencils may have been under that ersatz inker's Hammerhead. Sure looks like Andru's work. I can imagine Stan or maybe even Romita not liking the location of Hammerhead and deciding to move him to the front.

I have an issue with it:

doh !!1111

doh!

Interesting, the auction notes that possibly Andru's pencils may have been under that ersatz inker's Hammerhead. Sure looks like Andru's work. I can imagine Stan or maybe even Romita not liking the location of Hammerhead and deciding to move him to the front.

ouch! That could kill this cover. I know for me it does

Has anyone mentioned (or even figured out) that the Spidey #62 cover is NOT the usual Marvel "Twice-Up" sized cover.

If you look at the sizes of almost all the Marvel pre-68 covers (Thor #122 being the most recent Heritage example) they are 13 1/4" x 20 1/4". The Spidey #62 is listed at 12 3/8" x 18 1/2".

I used to own the Spidey #61 cover, and I can tell you that it just doesn't strike the eye like most of the Marvel earlier covers.

It seems that for a couple months the Marvel covers were printed on "Sparta" cover stock, and hence are comparable in size to the D.C. covers. Obviously, the interiors changed over to the smaller size we know today a few months before the covers did as most of you know. Food for thought...

Not really.

Mike has posted here many times on what books were the cutoffs on Spidey for interiors (53 pages being "large", and 54 on being current, or "small" art), and even the large vs. small covers. Never have seen a mention of the "in between" sizes of covers. Would seem to be worth a mention when spending 100-200k on a piece, I would think.

Prepare your $65K money orders; Uncanny X-Men 209 cover (Colossus vs. Nimrod) is up for sale.

X-Men #209 cover

Marvel Fanfare #1 cover

Captain America #283 cover

Daredevil #177 cover

Turning into a real bonanza for those of us into early-to-mid '80s Marvel art. :ohnoez: