• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK Polybag Variants

209 posts in this topic

Wow nothing like sending books out as 8.0. That really stinks, my variant from last week's is not perfect, but it would get a 9.4 or an outside 9.6.

I had to buy 9 copies to get 9.2's of the 3 different Harley's.

There is one copy, perfect spine, and a fold on the top right from the bagging process.

9.8's for these books will be rare rare rare.

Mine has the slight crease on the upper staple, and the poly bag indent down the back. Otherwise it is perfect.

These covers do not press well though. Once the paper stock used has any deformity, it ripples like lightning.

I don't know which used to make me more mad, DC books with this glossy stock and Spine Breaks, or MARVEL with the cheap paper, and ink color rubs on both covers.

I also miss IDW's old cover material and many successful 10 GEM MINT's.

Wow nothing like sending books out as 8.0. That really stinks, my variant from last week's is not perfect, but it would get a 9.4 or an outside 9.6.

There is one copy, perfect spine, and a fold on the top right from the bagging process.

Did you buy them from your LCS?

I pre ordered mine from DCBS, so hopefully mine are 9.8 candidates.

Im not sure how that will matter. Ive seen the defects in several shops now.

DCBS wont be any different I wouldn't think. They aren't going to inspect the spines before they ship.

12310619_10204534656798200_1739932714902239044_n.jpg?oh=77f78158755686210112bc706d3106dc&oe=56E174CC

COLOR cover

12243071_10204534657118208_1341337991981500118_n.jpg?oh=36ef272a43b2f395e79eb5586158411d&oe=56E46C36

B & W cover

the sketch covers were just as bad...they just dont show up as well because of the white cover

Uf! Those eBay pre-orders for NM copies are going to be hard to fill.

We ordered plenty for back-up!

Didn't mean you specifically (in case people think I'm giving you a hard time); just saw a lot of pre-orders for this cover (because I like it a lot). But glad you have back-ups for your customers! :thumbsup:

I bought a set of Harleys from ComicKings. Haven't received them yet, but excellent customer service and communication. I think the tough sell will be go those who don't understand the situation. These books have crappy spines across the board. Yes, I would love 9.8 copies, but given the circumstances I understand if that's not the case. Its a pity. Such a nice cover.

pre ordered mine from DCBS, so hopefully mine are 9.8 candidates

Translation:

I purchased mine sight unseen & have unrealistic expectations.

Translation:

Yes, I would think DCBS is just another version of a local comic shop. No reason to think they would get books any different than everyone else, since it seems to be a production/delivery issue.

Translation:

Yes, I would think DCBS is just another version of a local comic shop. No reason to think they would get books any different than everyone else, since it seems to be a production/delivery issue.

It's a production issue.

Poly-Bagging machine caused damage.

It's NOT a Diamond issue.

We're opening sealed cases...damages regardless

True enough, but I have opened spec cases where 20 books are mangled due to the way Diamond packed they. They can be brutal with their haphazard packing IMHO.

I'm talking about sealed cases that are shipped from the printer still sealed and not even handled by Diamond packers. Just picked up and put into another box as a whole sealed case. Opening a case of Batman #47 right now...75 books deep and not 5-10 good enough to ship out. It's a joke. My rep said nobody else has complained about the spine wear. Only one guy about the polybag imprint down the center of the book. I told her every single issue is like that. That sucks bad enough,but the spines are my issues with all these books. It's hard to believe nobody else hasn't complained,because I am hearing it's like this everywhere.

If any of you guys are pre-ordering any of these from me let me know and I will look out for the best condition ones for you. Hopefully i'll make it through these cases today and have enough to fill my pre-sales. Usually they will just send me more books to make up for the bad ones,but it could be the same with the replacements. I don't think I'm going to want any replacements. Just give me my credit!!

Edited by COMICKINGS