• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2015 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle **Saturday, January 2nd @ Noon**

1,369 posts in this topic

I just officially entered a prize

Good, I was hoping when I picked first I wouldn't have a tough decision ;)

Do most people find something in their own collections to give as a raffle prize, or do they go out and find something new/special?

I know a person can do either, it's all in the spirit of giving, but I'm curious if many people go buy something new to offer up.

Do most people find something in their own collections to give as a raffle prize, or do they go out and find something new/special?

I know a person can do either, it's all in the spirit of giving, but I'm curious if many people go buy something new to offer up.

It really is both…some have been out of personal collections…some were even Amazon gift cards!

It really is both…some have been out of personal collections…some were even Amazon gift cards!

The raffle I pull something out that I like,and hopefully somebody else likes it too. :cloud9:

This is my first year in the raffle and I am giving three prizes all from my own stuff. I decided I would rather offer something that may make a kid happy somewhere than worry about my feelings and butthurt should those things get taken last. But my mystery box should put a smile on someone's face as I have been getting autographs and sketches in trades and sketchbooks for decades now.

As long as you think someone will have a Christmas/Hannukah/etc. type reaction when opening it, you should be fine in my noob opinion.

In previous raffles that I've participated in, I've sent something from my collection. This year, having just moved, everything's still in boxes. So I was toying with offering collected volumes of those titles I've enjoyed reading in the last year. But to do that, I'd go buy new so I can keep the volumes on my own shelf, too.

More of a decision thing than anything else at this point.

In previous raffles that I've participated in, I've sent something from my collection. This year, having just moved, everything's still in boxes. So I was toying with offering collected volumes of those titles I've enjoyed reading in the last year. But to do that, I'd go buy new so I can keep the volumes on my own shelf, too.

Either or my friend. Hey still have the old BWS book from 1929 I sent you one year?

Either or my friend. Hey still have the old BWS book from 1929 I sent you one year?

You mean ERB?

Hell yeah I do. I just put up some shelves this weekend for my book collection, and remembered fondly the day I opened up the box to see that. Still the highlight of my ERB collection.

You mean ERB?

Hell yeah I do. I just put up some shelves this weekend for my book collection, and remembered fondly the day I opened up the box to see that. Still the highlight of my ERB collection.

Nice! That's what it's all about. :cloud9:

I have been using stuff from my own collection for my mystery boxes, I figured if I liked it someone else will also.

The raffle I pull something out that I like,and hopefully somebody else likes it too. :cloud9:

Please don't send someone your wang.

-slym

-slym

This is not why people are called "junk donkeys".

-slym

You can't wang chung without wang.

-slym

You can't wang chung without wang.

Or without Chung

tumblr_m4tim1JpQR1rooebp.gif