• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2015 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle **Saturday, January 2nd @ Noon**

1,369 posts in this topic

Still waiting on a few more people. :taptaptap:

You could consider posting what you have and add any on as they arrive. This will also allow others to post any new donations, as they get them or as they come to mind. (thumbs u

Perhaps even after seeing what's been donated so far, others may feel motivated to join in. 2c

I could be wrong but I'd think GG would want to avoid the last suggestion. I'm guessing the reasoning for the change was to eliminate those who partook in the raffle without contributing to it. Those same folks would be the ones who might wait to see what's up and then pull something together just to get in on it. That's not really in the spirit of the thing, but also logistically that will hold up the process every year if he allows "window shopping". Of course there will also be just people who normally contribute, especially this year with the new system and just completely forgot since in the past adding something last minute was no big deal. In fact there was always a late scramble to get more prizes!

Absolutely doesn't matter to me in the slightest how he handles it as its a blast no matter what from my perspective, but that's just the thought that occurred to me about the impact on the whole system (and GG's workload) if he decides to be a nice guy and allow entries after the list is posted. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished!!

I am sure he is trying his best, but honestly "mystery boxes" can basically be the equivalent of "window shopping." Frankly if someone wants to be that dishonest, they will find a way.

:shrug:

You're absolutely, correct. But, honestly, I really meant that as a lesser point. Mostly I was focused on the logistical aspect and trying to make it easier for GG. . If people who are on the fence are allowed to wait to see the list to decide to participate, they will.. leading more people to do it.. leading to a bigger headache for him.

But whatever he decides on anything, I'm 100% supportive of it. I think the SS and raffle are two of the greatest things about the forums. Absolutely fantastic examples of bringing the whole community together. Love it!

Still waiting on a few more people. :taptaptap:

You could consider posting what you have and add any on as they arrive. This will also allow others to post any new donations, as they get them or as they come to mind. (thumbs u

Perhaps even after seeing what's been donated so far, others may feel motivated to join in. 2c

I could be wrong but I'd think GG would want to avoid the last suggestion. I'm guessing the reasoning for the change was to eliminate those who partook in the raffle without contributing to it. Those same folks would be the ones who might wait to see what's up and then pull something together just to get in on it. That's not really in the spirit of the thing, but also logistically that will hold up the process every year if he allows "window shopping". Of course there will also be just people who normally contribute, especially this year with the new system and just completely forgot since in the past adding something last minute was no big deal. In fact there was always a late scramble to get more prizes!

Absolutely doesn't matter to me in the slightest how he handles it as its a blast no matter what from my perspective, but that's just the thought that occurred to me about the impact on the whole system (and GG's workload) if he decides to be a nice guy and allow entries after the list is posted. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished!!

I am sure he is trying his best, but honestly "mystery boxes" can basically be the equivalent of "window shopping." Frankly if someone wants to be that dishonest, they will find a way.

:shrug:

You're absolutely, correct. But, honestly, I really meant that as a lesser point. Mostly I was focused on the logistical aspect and trying to make it easier for GG. . If people who are on the fence are allowed to wait to see the list to decide to participate, they will.. leading more people to do it.. leading to a bigger headache for him.

But whatever he decides on anything, I'm 100% supportive of it. I think the SS and raffle are two of the greatest things about the forums. Absolutely fantastic examples of bringing the whole community together. Love it!

Totally agree, the SS and raffle are great! GG is the man!

There has been a change of the raffle date due to travel by our technical elf. The new date is January the 2nd. I updated the info on page 1.

The deadline for donations was changed to Sunday the 20th at 12:00. I will post the prize list soon thereafter and sckaoelf will post the link for submitting your form.

GG

This was the last post that said anything about a change in when the cutoff was for entering the raffle (it was previously the 18th IIRC). There was a subsequent one that reminded people to get their information in by that Sunday. My guess is all that is being waited for is final details from those who signed up via the gift exchange. To me-- that means the contest is closed to new entries. I'm not in the raffle but do enjoy watching it.

I've got my ranking form complete. Is it too late to send it in?

You filled out a ranking without knowing what is on the list of gifts? Did it say "greggy's gift or nothing"?

You filled out a ranking without knowing what is on the list of gifts? Did it say "greggy's gift or nothing"?

I mean that's sort of reasonable...

To be honest, he didn't say WHAT exactly he ranked on this form. It might be a ranking of former US. Vice Presidents in reverse order of weight, or it could be a list of his favorite clouds that look like people he went to high school with, or his most compelling reasons that pie is better than cake.

Until we know more about this list, I'm not comfortable telling him if the deadline has passed, or not.

To be honest, he didn't say WHAT exactly he ranked on this form. It might be a ranking of former US. Vice Presidents in reverse order of weight, or it could be a list of his favorite clouds that look like people he went to high school with, or his most compelling reasons that pie is better than cake.

Until we know more about this list, I'm not comfortable telling him if the deadline has passed, or not.

This is all very very informative and well thought out. Food for thought.

Well, thank you. I appreciate that. Can't be too careful these days. After all, eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Well, thank you. I appreciate that. Can't be too careful these days. After all, eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Glory. Freedom and GLORY.

The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it. Pretty sure Pee-Wee Herman said that. Like 94% sure. Smart guy.

The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it. Pretty sure Pee-Wee Herman said that. Like 94% sure. Smart guy.

thought his quote was referring to glory holes....

doh!

Certainly makes the latter part of the quote take on new meaning...

So...will the list be up by Christmas Day?

The list will be up when I finish it. If everyone got their info to me on time, I could have had the list done a week ago. I have to create the list with the info given, then another member needs to create a form that everyone can fill out. If people come to me, which everyday someone does and says "please I forgot or I was away or the dog ate my homework", I can't expect the other member to keep redoing the list or if members already submitted before I updated they have to redo their lists.

It should take you 30 minutes to rank everything, it takes much, much longer to aggragte 100 PM's with photos and other particulars and then redo it everytime someone begs to add them.

GG has a career, little elves and 100+ happy children participating. The actual raffle will occur on Saturday the 2nd, it's December 23 today.

Patience is a virtue,

GG