• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2015 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle **Saturday, January 2nd @ Noon**

1,369 posts in this topic

Big thanks to Larryw7! Got his raffle prizes today and am thrilled! He wasn't able to post pictures for the raffle, but the books were as nicer or nicer than described, but the real gem was the framed 1960's Batman movie poster! I wasn't sure what to expect and now as soon as I finish posting this it's getting hung up on my home office wall! Thanks again Larry!

image_20.jpeg

Big thanks to Larryw7! Got his raffle prizes today and am thrilled! He wasn't able to post pictures for the raffle, but the books were as nicer or nicer than described, but the real gem was the framed 1960's Batman movie poster! I wasn't sure what to expect and now as soon as I finish posting this it's getting hung up on my home office wall! Thanks again Larry!

image_20.jpeg

Glad it got to you safe and sound, Frank! Enjoy!

In a stunning and humbling package I opened today from Alex H., I indeed found my Cursed Pirate Girl #3 Signature Series raffle prize... AND a boat load of goodness and fun! So many neat-o things, but I really look forward to reading my signed copy of LADY OF MAGICK by Alex's wife, Sylvia Izzo Hunter!!! He clearly went above and beyond in the spirit of the season and more than made up for my Secret Santa. Very Grateful, Alex. Thank you...

Attachment-1-10_zpsz2m7ijvx.jpeg

Dan

I was very lucky and got a low number pick this year and selected this beauty from Comicdonna. I am pretty much a DC collector only, but have wanted to add a couple of nice Marvels to my collection. I am very happy have this beauty. It was an awesome raffle gift, I am still smiling:

ca109cgc.jpg

In a stunning and humbling package I opened today from Alex H., I indeed found my Cursed Pirate Girl #3 Signature Series raffle prize... AND a boat load of goodness and fun! So many neat-o things, but I really look forward to reading my signed copy of LADY OF MAGICK by Alex's wife, Sylvia Izzo Hunter!!! He clearly went above and beyond in the spirit of the season and more than made up for my Secret Santa. Very Grateful, Alex. Thank you...

Attachment-1-10_zpsz2m7ijvx.jpeg

Dan

Happy you liked it bud. :applause:

First off I have to apologize for not putting this up sooner... somewhere between work, old age and lazyness I had pushed it to another day :( ...anyways I have to say I was very excited about getting RENO McCOYS MANGA BOX... I was picked 3rd in the raffle and his was my 2nd choice...( who can resist greggy's box ) so yes I was very happy... I had not read MANGA before, and was interested in giving it a whirl... I've watched a lot of anime... but no manga.... he had been kind enough to get my intrests and tailored the box to meet them...

20160114_152420%201_zpsh8nkpmag.jpg

...if you can't tell by the photo these books are thick!... he included a letter with a description of each and some thoughts on them that was very helpful... and to top it off he included a $25 gift card for Barnes and Nobles which carries a wide selection of manga, so MOAR!!!... which was freaking awesome of him :headbang: ! For those that are unfamiler... manga is read (from US standards) back of the book to front... pages are also read from right to left... took a minute to get going... but once I started reading, I took to it pretty quickly... the stories are very entertaining and well written... art also rocks!... books are in black in white... if you want to give something new a try I would highy recommend MANGA! something new and fresh!... I also want to throw a very heartfelt thank you out to Mr McCoy for bringing something else into my life thats gonna cost me more money in the future :cloud9: ...i'm really liking these :whee: ... thanks Doc! ...and those two comics in the center front were written and put together by him... great story and art... and the paper stock on those books is awesome!

First off I have to apologize for not putting this up sooner... somewhere between work, old age and lazyness I had pushed it to another day :( ...anyways I have to say I was very excited about getting RENO McCOYS MANGA BOX... I was picked 3rd in the raffle and his was my 2nd choice...( who can resist greggy's box ) so yes I was very happy... I had not read MANGA before, and was interested in giving it a whirl... I've watched a lot of anime... but no manga.... he had been kind enough to get my intrests and tailored the box to meet them...

...if you can't tell by the photo these books are thick!... he included a letter with a description of each and some thoughts on them that was very helpful... and to top it off he included a $25 gift card for Barnes and Nobles which carries a wide selection of manga, so MOAR!!!... which was freaking awesome of him :headbang: ! For those that are unfamiler... manga is read (from US standards) back of the book to front... pages are also read from right to left... took a minute to get going... but once I started reading, I took to it pretty quickly... the stories are very entertaining and well written... art also rocks!... books are in black in white... if you want to give something new a try I would highy recommend MANGA! something new and fresh!... I also want to throw a very heartfelt thank you out to Mr McCoy for bringing something else into my life thats gonna cost me more money in the future :cloud9: ...i'm really liking these :whee: ... thanks Doc! ...and those two comics in the center front were written and put together by him... great story and art... and the paper stock on those books is awesome!

Glad you're liking the books. There's a lot of great stuff to be had in there. I've only recently "discovered" manga myself, after being interested in trying it out for years. You're right about the stories feeling new and fresh. It seems that anything goes when it comes to manga. I hope a few of the series end up really working for you and you have something to keep you entertained for a few months as you catch up on each volume.

I debated whether or not to toss in the two comics I wrote since they aren't manga and, well, some people don't get into comics that aren't from a major publisher. But I said what the heck. I'm working on another book right now, and I figured what's the point of writing if no one's gonna read what you put together. :)

7 billion needles is great; and once you start reading Monster you will want to go pick up the rest of the volumes... Inuyashiki is also pretty sweet, and One Punch Man is very popular right now! In other words you got a ton of great reading ahead of you!

7 billion needles is great; and once you start reading Monster you will want to go pick up the rest of the volumes... Inuyashiki is also pretty sweet, and One Punch Man is very popular right now! In other words you got a ton of great reading ahead of you!

I sort of envy him for having all of these to read for the first time.

So, I had the fortune of being drawn first and I chose Greggy's legendary Mystery Box. Today, the Marvel box arrived.

088_zpsjbeiccbs.jpg

First, I was surprised by the size of the box. Upon opening it, I was floored. First up, Marvel Team-Up which has probably drove me to collect the balance of the series now.

090_zpsydd6dcyd.jpg

091_zps1n6kaccn.jpg

Next up, Marvel Two-In-One...

092_zpsx1bc8slz.jpg

093_zps6r4lcc00.jpg

Some of these I used to own back in the day and it was a joy to see them again!

After that, the Fantastic Four. The Annual #12 really brought back memories as I was 11 when I saw it at the drug store. I didn't buy it but I thought about it at the time. Great Byrne books as well! Definitely an upgrade of my #200 which I bought back in the day at the drug store as well.

095_zpspbvcftjr.jpg

096_zpsud95nknn.jpg

Last but not least, the Avengers. Some great Byrne books in this one as well.

094_zps6upqbo1y.jpg

Sorry about the sideways pictures on some. Photobucket seemed to have issues modifying them tonight.

So, a huge THANK YOU to Greggy! Seriously, I knew his Raffle gifts were great but this took me back. And, I believe, a DC box follows at some point in time. I'm still grinning and looking at all this reading material. I truly felt blessed today.

So, I had the fortune of being drawn first and I chose Greggy's legendary Mystery Box. Today, the Marvel box arrived.

088_zpsjbeiccbs.jpg

First, I was surprised by the size of the box. Upon opening it, I was floored. First up, Marvel Team-Up which has probably drove me to collect the balance of the series now.

090_zpsydd6dcyd.jpg

091_zps1n6kaccn.jpg

092_zpsx1bc8slz.jpg

093_zps6r4lcc00.jpg

After that, the Fantastic Four. The Annual #12 really brought back memories as I was 11 when I saw it at the drug store. I didn't buy it but I thought about it at the time. Great Byrne books as well! Definitely an upgrade of my #200 which I bought back in the day at the drug store as well.

095_zpspbvcftjr.jpg

096_zpsud95nknn.jpg

094_zps6upqbo1y.jpg

Sorry about the sideways pictures on some. Photobucket seemed to have issues modifying them tonight.

So, a huge THANK YOU to Greggy! Seriously, I knew his Raffle gifts were great but this took me back. And, I believe, a DC box follows at some point in time. I'm still grinning and looking at all this reading material. I truly felt blessed today.

FallsOutOfChair_zpssoykcgey.gif

Today I went on Hector's Magical Mystery Tour and what a strange trip it's been!

First up, a nice zombie mask for my late night walks.

Next up, a Nuka Dew mousepad to remind me to drink those neon drinks, because neon = superpowers!

Then we have a Never Give Up towel with a very important reminder: "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect"

As guides on my journey are Morgan to pass on some wisdom and a little game of thrones guy who looks like the future version of Stewie. Im not well versed in Game of Thrones so someone please let me know this little guy's name.

So I could stay warm during this mystery box bonanza I have a classic Walking Dead shirt featuring Michonne and everyone's favorite little zombie killer Carl.

For reading material I got a Walking Dead 10 year anniversary black friday variant.

AND for the entree,a Walking Dead Weekly #1.

Hector knows what's up!

Thanks again jsilverjanet.

0018678A-F2AA-4AB0-A7F8-4DDA8838C85F_zps2amng3el.jpg

08891C55-3B56-4176-9A94-6163AF166942_zpsc6flfsc0.jpg

B967DB7B-7DC4-4925-9B31-24F22F2302EB_zpsanqtnlgh.jpg

088_zpsjbeiccbs.jpg

090_zpsydd6dcyd.jpg

091_zps1n6kaccn.jpg

092_zpsx1bc8slz.jpg

093_zps6r4lcc00.jpg

095_zpspbvcftjr.jpg

096_zpsud95nknn.jpg

094_zps6upqbo1y.jpg

:applause: very nice, but it's not over yet :insane: