• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,652 posts in this topic

Only watched the show and tell video for now and I must say it was interesting to hear an artist commenting on the art and the techniques that probably were involved in creating it. I know you had artists on the podcast before but I believe there wasn't an accompanying show and tell video.

Felix,

I really enjoyed your interview with Erik and your very diverse group of collectors for your podcasts. Artists have a very unique perspective on collecting besides the nostalgia, they can relate to the original art on many levels from the techniques to storytelling. When I did my Collecting Comic Art panel some dozen years ago I had Tim Townsend and Scott Williams on the panel and they had alot of great insight. Two others I would love to see in future podcasts. Keep up the good work.

Article on potential Kirby art situation:

http://www.pipelinecomics.com/the-mystery-of-60s-marvel-jack-kirby-original-artwork/

Author took a tidbit from podcast and ran with it. Interesting take.

It reminds me of Chitty Chitty bang bang :

Hide your kirbys

Hide your kirbys

The disney is coming

G'nite zzz

You got a fanboy, dude!

I'd say I'm be the opposite of a fanboy. And I think the podcast generally advocates against "fanboy-ism". I think it suggests being a little more deliberate about how you spend $$$ on this hobby.

Alright, enough bumping this thread (after this bump, this one is OK) ... I keep thinking there is a new podcast!!!

i was thinking the same thing. but when i realized it was you Jade Giant who said it first, I couldn't help but think " Hulk getting mad! Want to smash bumping"

This month, we visit Brooklyn, New York to see one of our favorite artists, Paul Pope! Even better, Paul has now joined Felix Comic Art and we will soon have his original art for sale. Commissions, too! Sign up for the mailing list at www.felixcomicart.com. I'll keep everyone informed as new details are available.

Paul knows comics and talks about his original art collection. Find out who are his favorites, and why. Great stuff here, and I look forward to our next chat.

We follow up Paul with our NYCC roundtable, featuring New York City's most esteemed collectors including returning guest Gene Park, and newcomers to the podcast, Dan Pottick and Rotem Bar-Kokhva. Like me, these guys are nuts about the hobby and I think that comes through during our discussion. We talk about vintage art vs. new art, the shifting demographics of the hobby, and oh yeah, The Cabal and DARK KNIGHT RETURNS!

Check out our website at www.felixcomicart.com for the best in modern comic art. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Leave a rating and review for the podcast on iTunes. And enjoy the show!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/