• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,651 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bird said:

I am pretty sure that I talked to herb about it back in the day. he said that he couldn't get work so he tried to do what the in demand artists were doing.

My understanding as well. 

10 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

No, talking about Sal on '90s-era PPSS.  Definitely making an effort to blend into the style of the day; doesn't look much like his earlier work. 

Ah, yes. His style clearly changed but I have read that this was more due to more natural evolution of his style, and in part due to him taking on more and more work through the years. This shift actually started on his Hulk run and there was a very distinct change in his style from the beginning and end of the run. His style even today remains very similar. I think if this shift is more to do with his artistic preferences than the era. I think of it similarly to the Romita Jr. style shift(s) over the years. 

Herb's change was purely to keep working and was painful to look at. 

My 2c

Edited by JadeGiant

49 minutes ago, Bill C said:

In that case, it does sound very likely that digging the art out just isn't worth his time or $. Thanks for the info.

It probably depends how he's approached.   An inquiry to buy a page (with no price mentioned) won't get a reply.     'hey I'll give you 10 grand for all your old art' might.

I know I can't really be bothered to mail a low value item but if someone is spending enough with me, I'll happily do it.

Edited by Bronty

Just in time for the weekend...the secret Albert Moy episode is up!

This episode is an exclusive for those who have left a rating/review on iTunes. THANK YOU! This bonus episode is your reward!

If you have left a rating/review, but haven't received the invite to the episode, write me and I'll get you added to the list.

The link will be active for 48 hours. Enjoy!

Another fun podcast, it just needed to be longer. Looking forward to more from Albert. I would love to have to talk to a couple of guys mentioned in your podcast with Albert, Eric Roberts and  James Halperin. I think it would be interesting to hear from a collector and someone who runs one of the major auction houses. That would definitely be a unique perspective.

15 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Another fun podcast, it just needed to be longer. Looking forward to more from Albert. I would love to have to talk to a couple of guys mentioned in your podcast with Albert, Eric Roberts and  James Halperin. I think it would be interesting to hear from a collector and someone who runs one of the major auction houses. That would definitely be a unique perspective.

:whistle:

50 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Another fun podcast, it just needed to be longer. 

I'm not sure that was an option, I think Albert needed his sleep! zzz

Edited by Bronty

10 hours ago, Nexus said:

This episode is an exclusive for those who have left a rating/review on iTunes. THANK YOU! This bonus episode is your reward!

If you have left a rating/review, but haven't received the invite to the episode, write me and I'll get you added to the list.

Fun podcast again Felix, but I thought you were straight up material and not fake news!  Jim Lee did NOT buy the Wrightson Muck Monster story for me in some magnanimous gesture as Albert drunkenly recollects!  I paid cold hard cash for that bad boy, CASH!  That was a major, expensive buy for me at the time, and while Jim is a great and generous guy, I'm not sure what orifice Albert pulled that out of.  Can we get a little fact checking in future episodes? :baiting:  

Can I take back my positive review off of iTunes now?

:jokealert:

Scott (muck monster) Williams

Edited by stinkininkin

11 hours ago, Nexus said:

I don't itunes. Have you thought about it putting it on other venues like Google Play, or SoundCloud?

2 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Fun podcast again Felix, but I thought you were straight up material and not fake news!  Jim Lee did NOT buy the Wrightson Muck Monster story for me in some magnanimous gesture as Albert drunkenly recollects!  I paid cold hard cash for that bad boy, CASH!  That was a major, expensive buy for me at the time, and while Jim is a great and generous guy, I'm not sure what orifice Albert pulled that out of.  Can we get a little fact checking in future episodes? :baiting:  

More alcohol = taller the OA tales

10 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

I'm completely out of the Apple ecosystem - will this ever show up in the general listing on your site?

+1

I would have gladly left a positive review on iTunes if I had an account, even before knowing this action would trigger some kind of bonus.
Is there any other option you could provide for those of us that don't use iTunes?  :wishluck:

9 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

"Views expressed are those of the speaker and do not represent those of Felix Comic Art." :p

If anyone wants to correct the record, happy to let them do it on the show as well, if they wish. For now, to the handful who listened to the secret episode, you have Scott's account.

2 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

+1

I would have gladly left a positive review on iTunes if I had an account, even before knowing this action would trigger some kind of bonus.
Is there any other option you could provide for those of us that don't use iTunes?  :wishluck:

I've requested iTunes reviews from the first episode. It wasn't until I mentioned exclusive content that the reviews really started pouring in.

From what I understand (and I'll admit it's not much!), when it comes to podcasts, ratings/reviews on iTunes help boost profile. All the other podcasters I've talked to have said that they have value. And it costs people nothing to leave them.

So I don't think it's a lot to ask.  The alternative is to save bonus content for a Patreon campaign or for, say, my top 100 customers. I'm fairly confident that leaving a review is going to be preferable to the majority of listeners over those.

I understand not everyone has iTunes. There's no perfect system. Maybe I'll think of something else. In the meantime, the bonus stuff is just a thank you to those who have taken the trouble to leave a review.

Sorry folks, Albert got a complaint about the secret episode, so I've taken it down for now. Congrats to those who jumped right on it! But we plan to do a follow-up for the regular show later this year, so Albert fans, you'll still get another chance to hear more.

For everyone else, the June episode will drop this coming week, along with a show-and-tell video. With Robert Kirkman! Robert was a great guest, an open book, so hope you'll check it out. After talking to him, even *I* got more jazzed about the hobby! He's incredibly enthusiastic, and '90s fans in particular, will have a blast.

The July and August episodes are both scheduled to be double-sized, with roundtable discussions, so for the folks who like longer episodes, you have that to look forward to!

The slate for the rest of 2017 is shaping up nicely, as well. I appreciate the feedback and reviews, thanks again everyone.

11 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Sorry folks, Albert got a complaint about the secret episode, so I've taken it down for now. Congrats to those who jumped right on it! But we plan to do a follow-up for the regular show later this year, so Albert fans, you'll still get another chance to hear more.

For everyone else, the June episode will drop this coming week, along with a show-and-tell video. With Robert Kirkman! Robert was a great guest, an open book, so hope you'll check it out. After talking to him, even *I* got more jazzed about the hobby! He's incredibly enthusiastic, and '90s fans in particular, will have a blast.

The July and August episodes are both scheduled to be double-sized, with roundtable discussions, so for the folks who like longer episodes, you have that to look forward to!

The slate for the rest of 2017 is shaping up nicely, as well. I appreciate the feedback and reviews, thanks again everyone.

Oh c r a p.  I bet Albert's complaint was me!  I was joking with him via email last night, in the same vein I was joking with the message board here about the Muck Monster story.  Sometimes joking comes across differently in an email than it does in person.  If this was the case, I apologize to one and all.  I thought the podcast and the "fake news" was funny!  Sorry that I spoiled the party.

Scott

Edited by stinkininkin