• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finding current values for GA comics

34 posts in this topic

You could try G.a.tors golden age comic values service. For a mere $5....err...$10, I hear he will provide for you as good of a fmv as free services :)

If the service includes provision of a copy for purchase, I'm in. :banana:

Gator has a hidden service fee for early flipping, ...that's the rub. :gossip:

c800506.jpg

On the downside they over grade golden age by a point or two at least half the time in my experience.

They do carry hard to find comics on the upside..............

Metro overgrades HALF the time? How about ALL the time, lol.

And with that said, I've still bought from them. It's simply a matter of ignoring what THEY grade the book as, determining what YOU think it should grade at, and then making an offer to them, based on your own determination of value. Sometimes they'll bite, sometimes they won't.

Often overlooked - Buddy & Conan Saunders, Lone Star Comics aka My Comic Shop.

Two things are influential in making a viable mature market for a commodity. The Price Guide with published values acts as one; MCS's site with published bids acts as another. MCS is, in effect, a market maker.

You could try G.a.tors golden age comic values service. For a mere $5....err...$10, I hear he will provide for you as good of a fmv as free services :)

If the service includes provision of a copy for purchase, I'm in. :banana:

Gator has a hidden service fee for early flipping, ...that's the rub. :gossip:

c800506.jpg

:insane:

Definitely have to use a mixture of GPA and most current auction hammer prices - and if I were dead serious on a rare, expensive GA I wouldn't hesitate to run it by Gator. Even if he did charge, his advice would be well worth it

you can never over pay for GA if you love the book(s) and are going to enjoy them for many years. :)

Exactly! You are paying for entertainment, whether it's simply enjoying the cover art, or reading the stories (or both).

Definitely have to use a mixture of GPA and most current auction hammer prices - and if I were dead serious on a rare, expensive GA I wouldn't hesitate to run it by Gator. Even if he did charge, his advice would be well worth it
hm