• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

And Rey and Fin able to stand toe to toe with a Skywalker-trained Kylo Ren? Major FAIL.

That bothered me as well, but after rewatching I realized I missed the part where he was hit by Chewies bowcaster and didn't understand the crazy nature of his injuries.

This explains why he was beat fairly well and it is very obvious now

I didn't think of this at the time, but this does make sense.

I'm going to see it for the second time today, maybe this will be more spelled out on the repeat viewing.

Rey and Fin reacted far stronger to Han's death than Chewie or Leia did.

One thing I noticed when speaking to casual SW fans is that they always seemed confused when I would talk about the storylines from the novels because they thought, "didn't they defeat the Empire?", not keeping in mind that the Empire was made up of millions of loyalists. I imagine there were some confused viewers.

This film was like, "By the way, our heroes still had to struggle for decades, Han and Leia didn't stay together, but had a kid (just the one- fail) who was strong in the Force, but Luke failed in his training and lost him to the Dark Side where he joins with someone called Snoke. All caught up? Good.

It seemed they relied too much on the viewer to be able to fill in the gaps, thus removing any obligation on their part to build a new universe of stories and characters with history.

And Rey and Fin able to stand toe to toe with a Skywalker-trained Kylo Ren? Major FAIL.

I thought any SW fans already knows this answer. (shrug)

They were trained and both Rey and Kylo havn't master jack squat yet. One is a trainee for the light and one is for the dark.

Go back and watch A New Hope...how boring is that movie compared to Empire and ROTJ....pretty boring in retrospect.

I understand people's feelings the movie mirrored A New Hope, but honestly that is why I liked it.

Going forward it will be all brand new and no more death stars.

I am going to see it for a 3rd time tomorrow.

Can't :censored: wait. :banana:

Anyone find it funny that the first line of the move is:

The first thing San Tekka says is, "This will begin to make things right."

Also look at the clothes and background settings of the planets the StarKiller deathstar blows up. They look awfully familiar to the style of outfits/planets that were in the prequels.

hm

I think JJ was poking some fun at the prequels.

Sorry if this has been discussed. Many articles I've read explain why the films will stray from the original EU, but I haven't read whether or not Disney will allow the original EU to continue. Disney doesn't seem like a sharing type of company, so I'm wondering if the current story line (in the novels) simply end. I usually take a year or so off from reading them, then binge read until I'm caught up.

Sorry if this has been discussed. Many articles I've read explain why the films will stray from the original EU, but I haven't read whether or not Disney will allow the original EU to continue. Disney doesn't seem like a sharing type of company, so I'm wondering if the current story line (in the novels) simply end. I usually take a year or so off from reading them, then binge read until I'm caught up.

The EU ended late last year. A few books at the end of last year and all the stories published this year have been part of the new canon. I'm doubtful LFL will ever revisit the EU except when they need to mine it for ideas.

I'm willing to bet we see a Death Star in either of the two movies. What do you say NWO wanna make a bet?
Universe Killer Base? Super Duper Mega Death Star? How about something that creates black holes a la Abrams' Star Trek reboot?

That bothered me as well, but after rewatching I realized I missed the part where he was hit by Chewies bowcaster and didn't understand the crazy nature of his injuries.

F'ng ^^ That guys dialogue is absolutely amazing! Don't forget Kylo hits the wound a bunch of times too, guys a G in my book.

Also the whole "but Kylo freezes a laser blast in mid air and holds it there so he must be so powerful thing" is a bit premature.

In cloud city Vader blocks/absorbs multiple Han Solo blaster shots with his HANDS before sucking the blaster to himself across the room and calmly inviting them to dinner.

Vader > Kylo but I think Kylo will get there.

Also the whole "but Kylo freezes a laser blast in mid air and holds it there so he must be so powerful thing" is a bit premature.

In cloud city Vader blocks/absorbs multiple Han Solo blaster shots with his HANDS before sucking the blaster to himself across the room and calmly inviting them to dinner.

Vader > Kylo but I think Kylo will get there.

Yea and Han's pistol is not weak either. ;)

F'ng ^^ That guys dialogue is absolutely amazing! Don't forget Kylo hits the wound a bunch of times too, guys a G in my book.

I've seen this brought up multiple in times including YouTube video by people who are clearly didn't pay much attention to the movie and can't connect the obvious dots. Not only was he shot but as pointed out he was hitting the spot and there is even a shot of his blood dripping into the snow.

I've seen this brought up multiple in times including YouTube video by people who are clearly didn't pay much attention to the movie and can't connect the obvious dots. Not only was he shot but as pointed out he was hitting the spot and there is even a shot of his blood dripping into the snow.

There's another important set-up to this scene, other than the crossbow vulgarexpletiveinternetwriterguyproseawesomenessynessulousness & it is the movie's episode title. The trooper who went awol & the decisively superior to all the old white guys female lead are the awakening, don't you think? Also, the old lady Yoda chick wasn't a Forceuser [this is my new SW word] but it obviously informed her life & thinking & such then there's the MVS character who opens the film as a priest of somethingorother of the Force & where are the magic bacteria from the prequels?

Lost cute droid on desert planet with crucial info-check

Han Solo in trouble owes money-check

Darth Vader dude with kill the messenger ethic-check

Local nobody is top ace pilot - check

Gotta find the old Jedi master help me obi wan kenobi youre my only hope-check

etc