• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

I remember being one of the few Star Wars fans here on the boards a couple years ago. I like that there are now actual threads on the movies, comics, books, etc. I'm going to see Awakens for the third time, I love the movie.

Let me preface this by saying, I've only ever watched the movies. I haven't read any EU, comics, etc. or watched any of the animated shows.

Aside from Grievous in Episode II and Finn in VII, has any other non Jedi character used a lightsaber? If it can be used by anyone, why aren't these things being used by more people?

Han used it to slice open the kangaroo ice critter

It's a TaunTaun. And the reason why is because light sabers are very hard to come by. In order to make a light saber you need a kyber crystal. They are very hard to find and there are not many. So what do exist are used for light sabers.

It's a TaunTaun. And the reason why is because light sabers are very hard to come by. In order to make a light saber you need a kyber crystal. They are very hard to find and there are not many. So what do exist are used for light sabers.

then there was that Wampum ice critter dude

Plus the Force is needed to construct them. That is one of the crucial points of training for a Padawan.

On earlier points made about the light saber duels- All good points. I didn't catch that he took a full hit. I thought he was just winged. Maybe it bugged me more that they were able to use them so well.

I don't know, it just seemed rushed and unconvincing at places. Leia and Chewie's reaction to Han's death just didn't feel right. It's a great Space Adventure film, I just think it lacks as a Star Wars film.

I am without a doubt spoiled by the depth of the EU, and am disappointed that characters like Mara Jade, Jacen and Jaina Solo, and Ben Skywalker won't cross over to the films.

So upon a 4th viewing (although I missed the end because my 4 year old go a little scared) I think the entire lightsaber scene is a flashback. Somehow they blocked Rey's memory, and, upon touching the lightsaber, her memories come flashing back. The only issue is the small bit where she faces Kylo Ren in the snow.

And I still think she is Luke's daughter.

Well, she is definitely Luke's daughter.

"Angry joe posted a video earlier revealing Rey as luke Skywalkers daughter. Apparently in the Disney 3.0 video game when facing kylo ren during battle he says the quote "face me cousin" . The video has been taken down after only a few hours. Don't know the reasons why."

------------------

Here's one of the videos out there:

http://youtu.be/AueKDUIhZHE

Agree with this 100% and said it earlier in the thread. Dude took a direct hit from Chewie's big bad thingamajigy. The question shouldn't be how did Finn and Rey hold their own but rather how was Ren still able to bring it so strong.

Also, did either of them really hold their own? Finn merely blocked a few shots on his way to practically being killed. Rey had a heck of a time for most the fight. It wasn't until she seemingly attuned herself with the force that she accomplished anything. For the rest of it, she barely survived.

"Angry joe posted a video earlier revealing Rey as luke Skywalkers daughter. Apparently in the Disney 3.0 video game when facing kylo ren during battle he says the quote "face me cousin" . The video has been taken down after only a few hours. Don't know the reasons why."

------------------

If you listen closely to what he says, there is an "s" at the end of whatever he says, which would then make it "cousins". The comments indicate that this is his reaction to whenever a barrel hits him, regardless of what character you are playing as. The assumption is he is saying "Face me" and getting hit by the barrel triggers the other line, that being "curses".

Pretty much sounds like what the guy in the video says it is.

Can someone just play as another character in the same situation and see what he says, or is this a scripted scenario?

Watch the video he is watching so you can hear the original audio not being distorted through his camera.

------------------

hm very interesting.

I have a feeling Kav has either

A) Not seen the movie at all

B) has seen it but hey another way besides going to a movie theatre.

And I'm loving the talk about the bowcaster (thumbs u

Watching at home is the new Cinemascope.

Is the Living Force available only to the Jedi & their opposing Zoroastrian agents of evil: The Sith? Or is it for all gentiles?
i think it was during the old republic but in the clone wars show they introduce other force sensitve groups. this article is not a bad read and fun think of the different roads they can take the star wars movies.

EDITORIAL: THE MYSTICISM OF THE FORCE REAWAKENS!