• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Restored 9.4 Tec 33 Blowing up on Ebay

895 posts in this topic

This is what I got when I had my batman 1 restored.

batman1starr.jpg

That is why you should sell it to me :grin:

Was it universal before you had the work done?

Not certain because someone to a pen to Batman and Robin. I had it restored to get the tape off the spine. Turns out the spine was fine, the tape wasn't holding it together.

Peter, this book is locked away until my untimely death in 30yrs

Tracey

I've used Tracey too. He, like Matt Nelson, sends a detailed description of the work done. Nice Bats 1 by the way. (thumbs u

I believe all of the restorers would provide their customers with a detailed description of the work done on the books. Otherwise, how else are they going to be able to invoice you for their work. Maybe the customer needs to check to make sure they have done all they are invoicing you for. lol

Seriously though, although the initial customer has the detailed description of the restoration work, this information is not necessarily forwarded to subsequent purchasrs upon sale of the book. hm

Seriously though, although the initial customer has the detailed description of the restoration work, this information is not necessarily forwarded to subsequent purchasrs upon sale of the book. hm

I think all of the paperwork should be stapled to the book.

If I buy a restored comic I really want to know what the comic would have been before the resto.

Seriously.... what would this tec 33 have graded before the resto? Would it have been a 1.0? A 1.5? A 1.8? Or are we talking a .5?

at 8.0 MP ? I'd say higher.

Don't think you can go from a 1.8 to 8.0 with only mod work.

It's difficult to say because it all depends on the defects. If the book was a 9.4 with popped staples, the work done to repair the paper behind the staples would be minor (Slight) and the book would then be a restored 9.4.

That's why the assessment of a grading company is so important to be able to identify and quantify all restoration done to a book.

A book will ultimately be valued by most by it's pre-restoration condition.

lol

lol

Maybe they can print it on microchamber paper and slide it under the book's cover. :D

If I buy a restored comic I really want to know what the comic would have been before the resto.

Seriously.... what would this tec 33 have graded before the resto? Would it have been a 1.0? A 1.5? A 1.8? Or are we talking a .5?

at 8.0 MP ? I'd say higher.

Don't think you can go from a 1.8 to 8.0 with only mod work.

It's difficult to say because it all depends on the defects. If the book was a 9.4 with popped staples, the work done to repair the paper behind the staples would be minor (Slight) and the book would then be a restored 9.4.

That's why the assessment of a grading company is so important to be able to identify and quantify all restoration done to a book.

A book will ultimately be valued by most by it's pre-restoration condition.

So my Tec 27 that i bought out of the Gerber book as Fair/Good back in early 80"s that is now 4.5 E should be worth the Fair/good unrestored price Thanks (thumbs u

lol

Maybe they can print it on microchamber paper and slide it under the book's cover. :D

Come on, you guys, these are professional restorers we are talking about here!

No amateur work here with just staples, as they should be able to attach the paperwork so that it looks like an original part of the book. (thumbs u

This with the exception of the stapling part.

Only with a vintage staple. (tsk)

Only with a vintage staple. (tsk)

.... why not just write it on the back cover since the book is now wurfless (shrug) GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Obviously some collectors exist who feel heavily restored books are a good investment. Others do not. But remember those of us who are doubters do believe that unrestored books ARE a good investment. Do you see the irony? Reminds me of the famous star trek episode on racism guest starring Frank Cashen. Two faces of the same coin! As long as the seller or restorer are not also one of the bidders whats the real problem that the market won't correct on its own.

Obviously some collectors exist who feel heavily restored books are a good investment. Others do not. But remember those of us who are doubters do believe that unrestored books ARE a good investment. Do you see the irony? Reminds me of the famous star trek episode on racism guest starring Frank Cashen. Two faces of the same coin! As long as the seller or restorer are not also one of the bidders whats the real problem that the market won't correct on its own.

I tend to beliveve that slight-books are the real "cherry"

It was Frank Gorshin, well known impressionist/actor. A great early role was in INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN! He also played The Riddler on the 60s BATMAN TV show.

There are a number of the coming up on CC..we shall see, I know one dealer who will possibly be contacting them for resto.

And probably running as fast and as far away from the Meyers as he can once he hears the number of hours and total dollars it's going to cost him to max out the grade on the restored book. lol

There's infinitely faster, easier, and more money to be made from just pressing your books and then selling them as unrestored. hm

Despite the fact that your overall agenda is about as subtle as a baseball bat to the back of the head, you make a lot of good points. From an outside perspective (as I have no horse in this race), some of your arguments get lost in the overall tone of your responses as it is all being colored by your agenda. Not trying to flame here, just giving you some perspective on how you come across and the fact that your well thought out and on point arguments are getting lost in the noise.

This thread has been a very educational read and welcome respite from having to work today.