• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Restored 9.4 Tec 33 Blowing up on Ebay

895 posts in this topic

Some day and maybe sooner than we think , the extremely grade generous brand new comic grading company along with the couple other horrific brand ecch companies may be similarly banned from Ebay due to their inferior grading.

I for one can't wait as I cringe every time I see one of these other companies Inferior listings........ anywhere.

I can't help but wonder whether, from a business standpoint, the new company would have done better if it had graded more strictly than CGC. The downside, of course, would have been that some sellers would have been reluctant to have their books graded by a company that gave more conservative grades. But the upside would have been increased credibility in the marketplace, which might have been a worthwhile tradeoff over time.

A real question...could either of you (or anyone else) supply us with data regarding books crossing from CGC to CBCS or CBCS to CGC showing these grading differences? I'm not talking about these uber-resto books. But regular Universal graded books. It would be interesting to see some real data on this rather than just editorializing.

Who needs to comparison shop?... these are the CGC chat boards , collecting CGC graded comic and submitting to them and the registry and everything else CGC is fun and is what these boards are about !!!

I know what boards these are. I've been on them since 2002. And I was talking about CGC with Steve Borock before there was a CGC.

You brought up comparisons when you said ".. the extremely grade generous brand new comic grading company along with the couple other horrific brand ecch companies may be similarly banned from Ebay due to their inferior grading."

So give us some back up. Let's see some real grading comparisons. Let's see how you came to validate your accusations.

Who needs to comparison shop?... these are the CGC chat boards , collecting CGC graded comic and submitting to them and the registry and everything else CGC is fun and is what these boards are about !!!

I know what boards these are. I've been on them since 2002. And I was talking about CGC with Steve Borock before there was a CGC.

You brought up comparisons when you said ".. the extremely grade generous brand new comic grading company along with the couple other horrific brand ecch companies may be similarly banned from Ebay due to their inferior grading."

So give us some back up. Let's see some real grading comparisons. Let's see how you came to validate your accusations.

Pretty sure cgc doesn't allow cbcs books to be posted on their boards.

Pretty sure cgc doesn't allow cbcs books to be posted on their boards.

Not asking for scans. Asking for just factual data. Tell us some books that have crossed resulting in different (higher OR lower) grades. Just explain without scans how the accusations are backed up. How many books the accusers have personal grading experience with. That kind of thing.

Now for the record, as I have already expressed, I do not like that kind of creation resto. There are also things that CGC does in regards resto I disagree with and have expressed that disagreement. but i don't go around broadsiding CCG because there are some decisions I disagree with.

the extremely grade generous brand new comic grading company along with the couple other horrific brand ecch companies may be similarly banned from Ebay due to their inferior grading.

Well, if this is your supporting argument as to why you believe CGC is the be all and end all when it comes to grading and the other company is extremely grade generous with inferior grading, it looks like you don't have a leg to stand on. :boo:

Especially since nothing you listed has anything at all to do with the actual grading of comic books. :gossip:

the extremely grade generous brand new comic grading company along with the couple other horrific brand ecch companies may be similarly banned from Ebay due to their inferior grading.

Well, if this is your supporting argument as to why you believe CGC is the be all and end all when it comes to grading and the other company is extremely grade generous with inferior grading, it looks like you don't have a leg to stand on. :boo:

Especially since nothing you listed has anything at all to do with the actual grading of comic books. :gossip:

You can buy either or both of the other grading companies competitors books if you like.

I am not interested in either of them and if I was, I would not be on these very CGC sponsored chat boards promoting the competition by asking for comparison. I also would not have the audacity to scroll up to CGC's partner coin grading company NGC and start casting doubt about their grading as compared to other companies or call for comparisons on their very owned boards which they pay for.

As mentioned in another post, if you doubt CGC grading superiority to the competition then these chat boards are not the place to air your views, there is to be NO promoting of the competition and I have heard the facebook crowd will welcome you with open arms.

You can buy either or both of the other grading companies competitors books if you like.

I am not interested in either of them and if I was, I would not be on these very CGC sponsored chat boards promoting the competition by asking for comparison. I also would not have the audacity to scroll up to CGC's partner coin grading company NGC and start casting doubt about their grading as compared to other companies or call for comparisons on their very owned boards which they pay for.

As mentioned in another post, if you doubt CGC grading superiority to the competition then these chat boards are not the place to air your views, there is to be NO promoting of the competition and I have heard the facebook crowd will welcome you with open arms.

The boards are best when there is open diverse dialogue with many opinions.

How boring it would be should we end up in a company screened discourse sucking up to those with the best ability to pay for something.

So our voices on here would then be appropriated as a vehicle for one specific companys marketing of itself. Sad and boring imho.

The boards are best when there is open diverse dialogue with many opinions.

How boring it would be should we end up in a company screened discourse sucking up to those with the best ability to pay for something.

So our voices on here would then be appropriated as a vehicle for one specific companys marketing of itself. Sad and boring imho.

Is it true that discussing onmlt the business entity aligned with the Board Host is allowed here?

I ask, because there is no such restriction on the coin threads. Unlike PCGS board, there is not opinion censorship of a competitor proiduct, so I am a little surprised. All opinions of all entities are welcome, although sometimes the opinions step over the line and when it occurs, which is not often, it is corrected, usually through member action. The varied opinions are very educational.

Ok you guys win ! I just love CGC and CGC only ! I really shouldn't let it bother me when the other companies are favorably compared on these boards or if CGC is unfavorably compared as I am sticking with them !

Especially here in the gold comics chat board.

Never mind that shill,.. he is almost criminal...

pleased accept my apologies I will move on and talk about my love for war comics CGC and raw (and I am branching out to different genre's)

So watch out Sqeggs I am coming after you to try and top your great romance comic collection lol!!!

Ok you guys win ! I just love CGC and CGC only ! I really shouldn't let it bother me when the other companies are favorably compared on these boards or if CGC is unfavorably compared as I am sticking with them !

Especially here in the gold comics chat board.

Never mind that shill,.. he is almost criminal...

pleased accept my apologies I will move on and talk about my love for war comics CGC and raw (and I am branching out to different genre's)

So watch out Sqeggs I am coming after you to try and top your great romance comic collection lol!!!

Just a clarification please, are you under thee impression that I am "that shill", or was that a reference to someone else? I can understand if you mean me, since I only posted in the last few days on this thread and one other, so I am not known.

I just realized that my post mis-typed a word. Must be the tablet. Sorry.

Is it true that discussing onmlt the business entity aligned with the Board Host is allowed here?

Good Lord, man, once they allow discussing onmits, where will it end?! :cry:

Sorry, tablet took over and I didn't catch it. The word was supposed to be only. I assume onmits are outlawed, though.

Every now and then somebody here will indicate they don't really understand that CGC is a private enterprise and not some kind of comic book equivalent of the SEC, with governmental power to enforce standards and prosecute those who fail to comply.

And that's on a board (and in a hobby) which contains a higher percentage of smart people than average.

Every now and then somebody here will indicate they don't really understand that CGC is a private enterprise and not some kind of comic book equivalent of the SEC, with governmental power to enforce standards and prosecute those who fail to comply.

And that's on a board (and in a hobby) which contains a higher percentage of smart people than average.

...I guess all of the smart ones haven't found this site yet :roflmao:

....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Folks, the "other company" aka steves's has a made a fatal businesses mistake..just to pay the bills....yep...so they cannot beat cgc when comes to say who wants to grade a unrestored 9.0 action #1...instead they open up the floodgates from the recreators..or clones or whatever you want to call them...I prefer "replicants" more human than human--tyrell.....

If they had stuck to the same grading system as the CGC, then say in the next 5 years they would been have bought them out..consolidated is what call it....BUT no...Steve took the bait...the quick buck and said..my company is gonna take over the restored grading book market...First I am not gonna use a green/purple label..smart move...and CGC should adopt the same after steve goes the way of PGX or whatever they did or still call it. Then, Steve's plan is to DOMINATE all the top graded restored books....just like CGC has done with the unrestored. Ok, Steve...take the market....take the the "replicants"...but you just lost a few collectors out of the loop a lot money when they go to resell or recover what they spent, just so you can be #1...and by the way..you lost 10 million dollar paycheck 5 years from now...its just a shame

Folks, the "other company" aka steves's has a made a fatal businesses mistake..just to pay the bills....yep...so they cannot beat cgc when comes to say who wants to grade a unrestored 9.0 action #1...instead they open up the floodgates from the recreators..or clones or whatever you want to call them...I prefer "replicants" more human than human--tyrell.....

If they had stuck to the same grading system as the CGC, then say in the next 5 years they would been have bought them out..consolidated is what call it....BUT no...Steve took the bait...the quick buck and said..my company is gonna take over the restored grading book market...First I am not gonna use a green/purple label..smart move...and CGC should adopt the same after steve goes the way of PGX or whatever they did or still call it. Then, Steve's plan is to DOMINATE all the top graded restored books....just like CGC has done with the unrestored. Ok, Steve...take the market....take the the "replicants"...but you just lost a few collectors out of the loop a lot money when they go to resell or recover what they spent, just so you can be #1...and by the way..you lost 10 million dollar paycheck 5 years from now...its just a shame

I pretty much agree. I never particularly saw a buy out on the horizon but I do think the viability of long term growth has been compromised. However, the PLOD designation gets 0 respect due to the stigma of a different label. The smartest thing Voldemort did was keep a single label but add the restoration notes on the top of the slab.