• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,797 posts in this topic

Even if the movie isn't full 4K, the expanded color space still makes the picture superior in theory. But I watched Thor:Ragnarok on 3D Blu-ray last night, and I can't imagine it looking much better.

24 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Even if the movie isn't full 4K, the expanded color space still makes the picture superior in theory. But I watched Thor:Ragnarok on 3D Blu-ray last night, and I can't imagine it looking much better.

Most people can't tell the difference between 2K and 4K anyway.  The distinction depends entirely upon the size of your display and how far away you are from it.

1 minute ago, Azkaban said:

What I want to know is if they're going to give us a different cut of the movie that might actually be good :preach:

No, you'll still hate it, I'll still enjoy it.  But there are deleted scenes on the disc.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:44 PM, zhamlau said:

Im sure Johnson probably pitched this at some point to the writers.

they went with the milk scene instead.. more kid friendly 

I like to pretend it doesn’t exist....kind of like the Mary Jane Mephisto storyline.

Edited by CAHokie

For those curious about the blu-rays (Reviewed on an OLED E6)

The HDR 4k presentation could have been better, the blacks are too bright especially in the beginning. The Dolby VIsion version had a little better blacks and color.

I'm going to watch the 3D blu-ray version in a couple days which I heard is fantastic.

The Atmos mix had some nice upper effects, but needs to be turned up a bit since Disney has been mixing the tracks a little low recently like with Thor.

The documentaries are some of the best ever put on a disc. Even the small 6 min. Porg documentary (from the Target exclusive disc) was fantastic.

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, Rip said:

For those curious about the blu-rays (Reviewed on an OLED E6)

The HDR 4k presentation could have been better, the blacks are too bright especially in the beginning. The Dolby VIsion version had a little better blacks and color.

I'm going to watch the 3D blu-ray version in a couple days which I heard is fantastic.

The Atmos mix had some nice upper effects, but needs to be turned up a bit since Disney has been mixing the tracks a little low recently like with Thor.

The documentaries are some of the best ever put on a disc. Even the small 6 min. Porg documentary (from the Target exclusive disc) was fantastic.

I’ve heard the some of the best 4K are the Nolan films