• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS...show us your books from 1966!

262 posts in this topic

Wow, that is really cool. Here's an odd crossover from December 1966:

new%20jerry%20lewis%2097%20FIXED_zpsxv6g8da4.jpg

Odd? Bizarre. A lot of us who'd been buying DC comics in the early sixties were becoming seriously disenchanted with DC's checkerboard offerings in 1966.

rantrant

What the hell? Have the rest of you fellows shot your bolts already? Has it come down to just me again?

So then here in alphabetical order are scans of my five favourite DC covers from my collection cover dated August 1966:

03-08-201272648PM.jpg

Justice20League2046_zpsws39ijrh.jpg

Meta207_zpsautut0jy.jpg

017_zpsaf73fedd.jpg

15-11-201163310PM.jpg

:popcorn:

Yes. Thems be pretty alright!

Outside of DC superhero and Marvel comics though, hardly any Gold Key or other titles from the Silver Age are very widely collected. It actually makes me wonder whether many so-called comic collectors are actually comic fans.

(shrug)

Yes. Thems be pretty alright!

Outside of DC superhero and Marvel comics though, hardly any Gold Key or other titles from the Silver Age are very widely collected. It actually makes me wonder whether many so-called comic collectors are actually comic fans.

(shrug)

Agreed, not a lot of silver age books that are not DC or Marvel discussed, but there have been quite a few discussion on Gold Key and ACG books over the past few years.

With that I have a scan of a 66 Fantastic Four issue handy.

FF_51.jpg

Here in alphabetical order are scans of the only three DC comics from my collection with covers that I really like dated November 1966:

14-10-201171020PM.jpg

The purple and pink colours, the cartoony demon, the return of sorcerer supreme Felix Faust, that cover touched all the bases and was simply fabulous (and that was despite boring old Supes and Bats being front and center)!

LoisLane70.jpg

There's Superpussycat still sporting a little cape while looking decidedly miffed in his little cage. And then there's a great cat fight front-and-center featuring a X-over appearance of the legendary Catwoman? Love it! It's up there with the very best Lois Lane covers of all time.

02-08-2012120200AM.jpg

:cool:

I'll start posting in the 1967 thread in a few weeks once the level of activity eases off a bit. The action is so hot and heavy initially in most threads of this sort that it's too tough to even get a word in edgewise for a month or so.

;)