• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Notable letter writers?

28 posts in this topic

While perusing ebay, I happened to see that CGC noted that George R.R. Martin had a letter published in FF #20. I was just wondering if there is a list somewhere of celebrities who've had letters published. I was also wondering, given the fact that CGC makes note of them, if it sometimes adds value to the book.What about here...any of you guys ever get a letter published? I wrote in a bunch of times back in the 70's, but never got in. :(

Who is R. R. Martin????(shrug)

been on the internet so long I cant tell real questions versus sarcasm

real answer: George RR Martin is the writer of the amazingly popular Game of Thrones series of books (still ongoing) which have also been adapted to a wildly successful HBO series that is about to start it's 6th season in april.

There are known letter hacks, and people who'd become comic creators but I can't recall anyone who is actually famed outside of it (like GRRM).

Who is R. R. Martin????(shrug)

been on the internet so long I cant tell real questions versus sarcasm

real answer: George RR Martin is the writer of the amazingly popular Game of Thrones series of books (still ongoing) which have also been adapted to a wildly successful HBO series that is about to start it's 6th season in april.

The book series is called A Song of Ice and Fire. The TV adaptation is just called Game of Thrones, taking the first novel in the series, A Game of Thrones.

In the early nineties I sat down and scribbled a paragraph or two to the 7 Marvel titles I was then buying. 6 of those were just short, "You guys rule" sorts of things. 3 of those 6 got published.

The one into which I put actual effort, the one to The Fantastic Four, did not.

My favorite published letters were in the Comics Buyers Guide!

Edited by KirbyJack

I sent several letters to Hawkeye. They only printed the glowing letters though not mine.

Does anyone remember T.M. Maple (i think that was his name). He wrote to DC almost every issue for every title and had letters published all the time. Who was he? Is he still around? Was he a collector or just a fan?

Does anyone remember T.M. Maple (i think that was his name). He wrote to DC almost every issue for every title and had letters published all the time. Who was he? Is he still around? Was he a collector or just a fan?

He and Cat Yronwode were the best letter writers; often their letters were better than the source material they were commenting on.

I do - i think his full title was The Mad Maple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._M._Maple

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._M._Maple

Wow.Thirty eight is way too young to die from a heart attack.

He and Cat Yronwode were the best letter writers; often their letters were better than the source material they were commenting on.

I hadn't heard that name in a very long time.