• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Doctor Who Series

252 posts in this topic

I haven't watched it yet but my wife, who surprisingly really likes the new Doctor Who, really, really, hated the season ending episode...

Jim

I gotta say I was unimpressed with the end of the Master arc but it did give a nice little hook for another time lord next series.

I thought this season was very uneven. And, yeah, the whole smarta$$ Master character didn't do anything for me either meh

I agree with the uneven feeling.

Not many eps that really grabbed me as in previous seasons.

The only one that stands out as excellent was Blink and really that one puts the whole season to shame.

Well, for me anyway.

The one I liked the most was the episode the Doctor was in the least. Don't remember the title, but it was the one where they get thrown back in time and have to piece together what happen through Easter Eggs on DVDs.

The one I liked the most was the episode the Doctor was in the least. Don't remember the title, but it was the one where they get thrown back in time and have to piece together what happen through Easter Eggs on DVDs.

I enjoyed that one (Blink) and the one where he lost his memory and was a school teacher.(Human Nature, Family of Blood) It was a very uneven season and those three were the only ones I really cared for.

Oh, that one was Blink doh!

That ep didn't exactly scare me, but when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom, I got back into bed and just kinda stared at the darkness wondering...

the one where he lost his memory and was a school teacher.(Human Nature, Family of Blood)

These two were the best episodes of the new series, including the Eccleston run, thus far in my opinion...

Jim

the one where he lost his memory and was a school teacher.(Human Nature, Family of Blood)

These two were the best episodes of the new series, including the Eccleston run, thus far in my opinion...

Jim

They more than balanced the tripe that was Daleks in Manhattan...both parts.

I've watched very little of season 3 (it comes out next week on DVD, hope there aren't too many people grabbing for it on Netflix) but I really, really enjoyed season 2. Tennant is great and the budget remains high. Stories are sometimes uneven but the other stuff makes up for it. I'm going to miss Rose, anyway.

Great Dalek costume, btw!

I really liked Season 2, also. That's why I was disappointed by this season. And that Dalek two-parter doh! I couldn't get past those awful American accents. Especially the actress playing the dancer whose boyfriend got turned into the pig-thingy :eek: Anyone know why the got rid of Martha Jones? I liked her character.

Martha Jones is doing a stint on Torchwood season 2 (spin off series) and will return half way through season 4.

I'm actually surprised so many people like it here to be honest. I loved the first season but season 2 and 3 (with the exception of the Werewolf episode and Blink) were just awful. The first season of Torchwood was much better. Not great but good.

I'm actually surprised so many people like it here to be honest. I loved the first season but season 2 and 3 (with the exception of the Werewolf episode and Blink) were just awful. The first season of Torchwood was much better. Not great but good.

Seasons 2 and 3 haven't been as strong as the terrific 1st season that's true but there have been some great episodes mixed in with the dreck. I blame the uneven wiritng. Also, Tennent has emerged as a very good Doctor. Even in the bad episodes, it's a treat to watch him in the role...

Jim

I'm really not looking forward to Catherine Tate next series.

Whether Martha is returned permanently after her stint on TW or replaced again, I hope they don't stick with Tate long term.

I have to agree with everyone else here that Season 3 was uneven. "42" was the first episode that I somewhat enjoyed. "Family of Blood", "Blink" and "Utopia" were also excellent. The only positive for Season 3 vs. Season 2 is that at least it didn't have throw away episodes like "The insufficiently_thoughtful_person's Lantern", and "Fear Her".

Season 4 is shaping up to be a good one though with some original series villains making an appearnance.