• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Doctor Who Series

252 posts in this topic

I just finished enjoying the third episode, but let me just say that if the Doctor hadn't talked Gwyneth into opening the rift she wouldn't be dead now would she? With that in mind Rose shouldn't have been so happy giggly at the end of the show.I hope this isn't a pattern. Still a nice way to waste an hour.

I just finished enjoying the third episode, but let me just say that if the Doctor hadn't talked Gwyneth into opening the rift she wouldn't be dead now would she? With that in mind Rose shouldn't have been so happy giggly at the end of the show.I hope this isn't a pattern. Still a nice way to waste an hour.

Rose seemed heartbroken that Gwyneth died, but Gwyneth's self sacrifice saved the world.

The end scenes with Dickens and the question about how long his books would last, and the Doctor's one word answer "forever" was one of the most magical moments in a forty three year history.

I liked the third episode but the doctor seemed out of character here. In the first two episodes he is calculating and always seems to be a step a head. Here he recklessly convinces the psychic to open the rift without even considering the fact that the first opportunity he was aware of where one of these beings had to possess a body it killed someone. With the next possession they tried to kill Rose. I think that would give anyone pause but certainly someone as knowledgable and experienced as the doctor would have smelled a rat.

I liked the third episode but the doctor seemed out of character here. In the first two episodes he is calculating and always seems to be a step a head. Here he recklessly convinces the psychic to open the rift without even considering the fact that the first opportunity he was aware of where one of these beings had to possess a body it killed someone. With the next possession they tried to kill Rose. I think that would give anyone pause but certainly someone as knowledgable and experienced as the doctor would have smelled a rat.

That's what I thought. I still enjoyed the show, but that point did bother me.

Rose seemed heartbroken that Gwyneth died, but Gwyneth's self sacrifice saved the world.

The end scenes with Dickens and the question about how long his books would last, and the Doctor's one word answer "forever" was one of the most magical moments in a forty three year history.

Nothing agains the Dr. but I'm just pointing out a weakness in that particular -script. The Dr. should have been haunted by his actions or the writers should have found another way to get her to open the rift without his pushing her. That's all I'm saying, still a great show.

Yeah but what about his "Charles Dickens, I'm your biggest fan".

You won't get that in Battlestar Galactica.

That goes without saying. Dr. Who is a much more interesting series than any of the other ones. Of course that's only MHO.

Can't argue with that. Although we might see some Homer references if we're lucky. Seriously, I liked Dickens inclusion in the episode and that actor was pretty good.

What I love about British series are the quality of the acting for the most part. Nothing against our american actors but the British have such an extaordinary system of training for actors, giving them very solid technique.A lot of these actors go back and forth from stage ,film and television and have tons of characters and experience under their belts.

Anyone watch the Doctor Who season finale on the Sci-Fi network?

After 43 years we finally got to see Daleks vs. Cybermen. smile.gif

The Daleks totally kicked the cyberpunk's asses as I expected.

headbang.gif

Well it seems like the Sci-Fi Channel has picked up Season 3, and will start airing the episodes sometime next summer (probably only 2 or 3 months after the British broadcast). Heck, I may just hold out and not get a sneak peak on YouTube this time around. thumbsup2.gif