• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Man - I'm a glutton for punishment. I got smashed selling my Avengers 57 CGC 8.0 but pretty much got shut out on my bids.

ah the double nut punch... everything I sell goes for under GPA, everything I want to buy goes for over GPA

well $392 is not that bad considering the last 8.0 just sold for $410...

For a minute there I thought it flipped for something ridiculous like 150 bucks.

I'm just glad I didn't buy into the hype of the movie last year and dip 7 bills for a VF!

:insane:

True - but I'd expect the ComicLink auction to bring in better results then an E-Bay auction. A CGC 8.0 sold in the last ComicLink auction (which I was bumped from) for $500 during the slow December time period. I was hoping to match the $500 if not a bit more. But that's the risk of an auction.

Sold my 8.0 on ebay back in Nov 2015 for $498. I thought that was bad.

Sadly - I had a couple nibbles at Baltimore last year but they were all asking $475ish for it and I wanted at least $525. Wish I would have taken the $475 cash.

wish in one hand...

The rule of thumb is if a book blows up (especially if there is a movie tied to it) flip and forget it.

There are more instances where I wish I would've flipped it over I could've gotten more.

But still a $100 dip isn't that bad. About 6-7 years ago there were folks that had thousands tied up in BA HG that took a serious bath for holding on to them too long before a market correction.

I for one think this book is tapering off now $400 is the new floor. I say buy this book for that now. Once they have a new vision oriented movie it will blow back up, then you flip it right before that movie. rinse and repeat.

Good info. I graded the book myself so I pretty much broke even with the amount I'm getting from ComicLink so I guess it isn't so bad.

Man - I'm a glutton for punishment. I got smashed selling my Avengers 57 CGC 8.0 but pretty much got shut out on my bids.

ah the double nut punch... everything I sell goes for under GPA, everything I want to buy goes for over GPA

well $392 is not that bad considering the last 8.0 just sold for $410...

For a minute there I thought it flipped for something ridiculous like 150 bucks.

I'm just glad I didn't buy into the hype of the movie last year and dip 7 bills for a VF!

:insane:

True - but I'd expect the ComicLink auction to bring in better results then an E-Bay auction. A CGC 8.0 sold in the last ComicLink auction (which I was bumped from) for $500 during the slow December time period. I was hoping to match the $500 if not a bit more. But that's the risk of an auction.

Sold my 8.0 on ebay back in Nov 2015 for $498. I thought that was bad.

Sadly - I had a couple nibbles at Baltimore last year but they were all asking $475ish for it and I wanted at least $525. Wish I would have taken the $475 cash.

wish in one hand...

The rule of thumb is if a book blows up (especially if there is a movie tied to it) flip and forget it.

There are more instances where I wish I would've flipped it over I could've gotten more.

But still a $100 dip isn't that bad. About 6-7 years ago there were folks that had thousands tied up in BA HG that took a serious bath for holding on to them too long before a market correction.

I for one think this book is tapering off now $400 is the new floor. I say buy this book for that now. Once they have a new vision oriented movie it will blow back up, then you flip it right before that movie. rinse and repeat.

Good info. I graded the book myself so I pretty much broke even with the amount I'm getting from ComicLink so I guess it isn't so bad.

Welcome to the real world, now get back in there and fight. ;)

Leading on 3 Bronze Age books at the moment. A minor key Thor comic which i knew was the Manitoba copy as soon as i saw it(vibrant glossy colours +white pages) plus it was confirmed by the seller. A minor key Strange Tales comic which isnt super high grade but does have White pages which makes it worth a shot and an early romance comic which again isnt super high grade but its the only copy i have seen with white pages. Someone did say January was a good month to get a bargain at auction so i am optimistic.

Surprised I won a couple of books tonight but don't know if I should post them as I don't know for sure if I'll keep them until I get them in hand.

I hate arrival date stamps and usually ask ahead of time I there are any on the back cover. But when I saw these, and that they were in the January auction, I just assumed they would blow past what I would be willing to pay. So I never bothered to ask.

Kinda forgot about them and then just happened to check on them a minute before they closed. Threw in a couple of I'll-kick-myself-if-they-go-for-less-than-this bids and won.

So we'll see what's what when they get here.

Surprised I won a couple of books tonight but don't know if I should post them as I don't know for sure if I'll keep them until I get them in hand.

I hate arrival date stamps and usually ask ahead of time I there are any on the back cover. But when I saw these, and that they were in the January auction, I just assumed they would blow past what I would be willing to pay. So I never bothered to ask.

Kinda forgot about them and then just happened to check on them a minute before they closed. Threw in a couple of I'll-kick-myself-if-they-go-for-less-than-this bids and won.

Is CLink ok with returns for this reason?

Is CLink ok with returns for this reason?

I think looked into it awhile back, pretty sure they don't. I think their stance is that if that sort of thing is an issue for, you should ask before bidding. Which is reasonable.

What I meant was, not that I would try returning them to Clink, but that I would most likely have to sell them on eBay or something.

good thing they don't report to GPA! :D

Couldn't beat the price on this one, and it completes my 169-183 run in 9.2 or better.

NvRDgcr.jpg

(worship) I looked at those and thought they would explode at the last second. Guess all the money is flowing into Power Ranger variants right now.

One win. It ends a long drought on ComicLink. I think selling prices are soft personally. Economic slowdown and/or lack of Canadian shopping is apparent.

Nice DD book!!

Thanks. Are you looking to pick up anything? Pick up any wins?

Nothing I needed or actually wanted to bid on in this auction:(

Couldn't beat the price on this one, and it completes my 169-183 run in 9.2 or better.

NvRDgcr.jpg

(worship) I looked at those and thought they would explode at the last second. Guess all the money is flowing into Power Ranger variants right now.

I kept thinking the same thing. I threw one bid out just because I thought it was a ridiculous sales price. I certainly didn't expect to win.

NvRDgcr.jpg

I kept thinking the same thing. I threw one bid out just because I thought it was a ridiculous sales price. I certainly didn't expect to win.

I've done that on a few books and ended up as the underbidder, which makes you wonder what the books would have sold for if I hadn't bumped them. I still thought they were cheap, just slightly less cheap than I was willing to go.

lol same for me!!! My books must be junk to comiclink buyers.

NvRDgcr.jpg

That's a beaut!