• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I haven't gotten notice of mine being shipped yet, but that's fine. They always get here. They owe me some holla dolla bills, too, but that always lands almost right on the thirty day mark.

So I just got shipping notice yesterday. And it does require a signature this time. I'm just having it held at the nearest Fed Ex location. Maybe they'll figure out how to call and notify me this time.

On which auction? The January one?!

I haven't gotten notice of mine being shipped yet, but that's fine. They always get here. They owe me some holla dolla bills, too, but that always lands almost right on the thirty day mark.

So I just got shipping notice yesterday. And it does require a signature this time. I'm just having it held at the nearest Fed Ex location. Maybe they'll figure out how to call and notify me this time.

The was no auction in December and Feb hasnt even begun. If its November, well he's got a lot of patience.

The was no auction in December and Feb hasnt even begun. If its November, well he's got a lot of patience.

I think that's remarkable patience for the January auction. I got my books over 2 weeks ago.

That "shipment notice" may just indicate that they created a label. For some reason, lately they seem to be creating labels and then waiting a week or more to actually send out the package.

I'm not sure what the point of creating the label far in advance of tendering the package is, unless it's to reassure buyers that, "yes we are making some progress on getting your books out." hm

It is also easier to stick a label on a box that you then fill with books, as opposed to filling a bunch of boxes and then putting the labels on them. Many fewer mistakenly addressed boxes this way, I'd imagine.

I think that's remarkable patience for the January auction. I got my books over 2 weeks ago.

I just received my books from the January auction this past Monday. A check, plus postal holidays for MLK and President's Days, will add up to a fairly long wait. But since these books are for me I'd rather save the 3% and have them take their time.

Since the February books start closing tonight, I guess there is no reason to start a new thread since this one keeps getting bumped...

I've got a few bids out, I'm just not sure how serious I will be about pursuing them. I'm feeling a bit poor this month...

I've got two books I'd love to grab in Feb featured, but only one that I can afford to pursue right now.

I should add, on my prior topic, that my shipping notice came within 24 hours of me emailing support to ask about the status of my order. No reply to the email, but the box got shipped. (shrug)

That "shipment notice" may just indicate that they created a label. For some reason, lately they seem to be creating labels and then waiting a week or more to actually send out the package.

I'm not sure what the point of creating the label far in advance of tendering the package is, unless it's to reassure buyers that, "yes we are making some progress on getting your books out." hm

It is also easier to stick a label on a box that you then fill with books, as opposed to filling a bunch of boxes and then putting the labels on them. Many fewer mistakenly addressed boxes this way, I'd imagine.

That's a good point, but I imagine it could also go the other way: if they are printing labels but not immediately slapping them on boxes, there's a chance that a label ends up on the wrong box.

But ... let's assume they know what they are doing! :wishluck:

I've got two books I'd love to grab in Feb featured, but only one that I can afford to pursue right now.

I should add, on my prior topic, that my shipping notice came within 24 hours of me emailing support to ask about the status of my order. No reply to the email, but the box got shipped. (shrug)

Shipped -- as in actually picked up by FedEx -- or when you click on the tracking number in the e-mail does it just say the label was created?