• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comics Rebirth

223 posts in this topic

Anyone here actually at the ComicPRO panel? I heard the response was less than stellar, with some hard hitting questions.

Why not keep the numbering, but do a series of Geoff Johns' style Rebirth mini series? The continuity is already wacked out. Also how much power does Geoff have over Lee/DiDio, because based on this video seems like a lot.

got a link to the panel?

Nope, just a Bleeding Cool report about the less then warm response. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/19/the-retailer-reception-received-by-dc-comics-at-comicspro/

One retailer (who was definitely there) told me that, basically, DC Comics were eaten alive by the audience, and did seem to have answers to their questions.

Retaier reaction was that DC fell out of touch with their audience – both readers and retailers. They seem to very much believe that they are making a step in the right direction, but there was a lot of decisions that seemed to the audience to be made without any retailer input. And that attitude seemed to be a sore spot for the retailers.

It was a very difficult presentation for DC, with more questions, comments and response from the audience than the other companies.

]

When in doubt, reboot, and throw a lot of new #1's at the audience.

Kind of the ultimate in laziness.

I mean, I get it, publishers need to drum up buzz if their line is getting stagnant, but what would defeat that is better stories and art. Maybe if they would scale back books (I never understood the New 52 & four Green Lantern titles, let alone all of the Bat books that became too numerous to count), and focused their energy on less is more, they would see better sales figures with better quality, because more people would be in it for the long haul.