• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

I think even if they didn't know, if they were selling it on eBay or something and not as part of a lot, a single search would turn up enough for them to dig deeper.

The days of most insider knowledge are long gone.

Not necessarily. Example - if you are privy to the content of an upcoming superhero film and know a certain character appears as a surprise, you can quietly capitalise on this by buying first appearances.

I think even if they didn't know, if they were selling it on eBay or something and not as part of a lot, a single search would turn up enough for them to dig deeper.

Not necessarily. Example - if you are privy to the content of an upcoming superhero film and know a certain character appears as a surprise, you can quietly capitalise on this by buying first appearances.

Right, someone always has the information first, but the dispersion of it is lightning fast.

If you don't jump on something like that within the first few hours it's too late.

Right, someone always has the information first, but the dispersion of it is lightning fast.

If you don't jump on something like that within the first few hours it's too late.

Sometimes. Depends on how far off the release of the film is.

Virgin covers for Spiderman 627-632

Going to submit these to CGC and there is a strong chance at 9.8 with press.

The italian seller mailed them in a poly bubble bag and books were not in bags and boards and just wrapped in more bubble wrap :mad:

20170105_185728_zpsqbk3j33m.jpg

Why did they cut Spider-Woman in half between 631-32 :cry:

Thanks man. Not quite as enthusiastic at over triple the price though. :tonofbricks:

-J.

What happened there? Owner didn't like the outcome?

(shrug) Or the buyer didn't pay. No way to tell really.

Yeah, was wondering if anyone knew. Considering the price went up considerably could be both. That was a pretty good price though, so I know which way I lean.

I think you all know what I'm here to talk about....

That's right! A beautiful Dell'Otto cover painting that a lucky board member now has displayed in their CAF - I just saw this in the 'New This Week' thread over in OA and it's a beauty.

Very nice.

WOW!!!!! Absolutely beautiful !!

Thanks man. Not quite as enthusiastic at over triple the price though. :tonofbricks:

-J.

I bit on it and bought it but interestingly enough it says "sold for $1,000 USD" but that's not what I offered, paid for it?