• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Thanks man. Not quite as enthusiastic at over triple the price though. :tonofbricks:

-J.

I bit on it and bought it but interestingly enough it says "sold for $1,000 USD" but that's not what I offered, paid for it?

You were the buyer for $750?

Thanks man. Not quite as enthusiastic at over triple the price though. :tonofbricks:

-J.

I bit on it and bought it but interestingly enough it says "sold for $1,000 USD" but that's not what I offered, paid for it?

Why does eBay not release final best offer price ? Weird

-J.

Why does eBay not release final best offer price ? Weird

Because if someone was offering multiple quantity, a buyer could ask for previous best offer price. And, there could be multiple reasons why a seller accepted a best offer. Probably best that they don't show them.

I think you all know what I'm here to talk about....

That's right! A beautiful Dell'Otto cover painting that a lucky board member now has displayed in their CAF - I just saw this in the 'New This Week' thread over in OA and it's a beauty.

Very nice.

WOW!!!!! Absolutely beautiful !!

Rad cover for sure, and you can get the book for less than $10USD, double win! :banana:

Jerome

Wow, I don't even like this guy's stuff that much, but for $750 I'd be tempted. Seems like there's nothing but upside. Good buy!

I don't know much about original art.......but

did it come with authenticity?

Maybe that's a no/no question, not sure. But was curious. I'll just assume Yes, but I'd be interested in original art, but having never bought any maybe my question would be better asked in another forum... :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Maybe that's a no/no question, not sure. But was curious. I'll just assume Yes, but I'd be interested in original art, but having never bought any maybe my question would be better asked in another forum... :foryou:

OA collectors don't really care for coa.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Is it because of any certain idea? such as Artist's signature or it's obvious that it is a particular peice from a Comic: cover, splash page, etc. and not a recreate? Just curious, because of uproar over witness CGC sketches, sigs, etc.------idk I can read it in OA forum, I've already read a little but it was all still a little fuzzy, didn't know if there was a short answer.... :)

Is it because of any certain idea? such as Artist's signature or it's obvious that it is a particular peice from a Comic: cover, splash page, etc. and not a recreate? Just curious, because of uproar over witness CGC sketches, sigs, etc.------idk I can read it in OA forum, I've already read a little but it was all still a little fuzzy, didn't know if there was a short answer.... :)

A number of things. Typically, they expect a buyer to be able to discern what they're buying. If someone can reasonably replicate a piece of work and fool a savvy buyer, then a COA certainly doesn't pose a big challenge.

OA collectors have been around long before cgc or witnesses. Someone can easily make a faKe COA as well. If it's a published piece for a big artist mcfarlane, lee, miller people will likely know if it's real. Smaller artists is another story. (shrug)

Perhaps hardcore OA collectors can chime in on this and provide their take.

Edited by jreezy

I think you all know what I'm here to talk about....

That's right! A beautiful Dell'Otto cover painting that a lucky board member now has displayed in their CAF - I just saw this in the 'New This Week' thread over in OA and it's a beauty.

Very nice.

Gorjuss, congrats!!!!!

makes sense about OA so thanks, I didn't really know how it worked. If someone could fabricate OA then they Could in Theory fabricate documents.

I had looked into it with Neal Adams and his convention quickies, sketchcards etc.; I emailed them about COA' type stuff and the general feel that I got was basically there were none.

I don't know why, but I always thought with published peice's there would be some kind of documentation considering how expensive, one of a kind, and etc.....

you might laugh but with all the fuss over CGC witness with sketch, sig series, etc it makes OA kind of a ballsy thing to me idk

There's a thread in the OA section about a potential more typical scenario (not something proven, just some accusations flying around at this time) - someone owns a piece and they know what it is, but they promote it and sell it as something other than what it is.

See the Cool Lines threads over there for more information.

I don't know for sure to be honest but I took a chance on it.