• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

Neither did nearly your entire list of bulleted remarks! :grin:

It's a DISCUSSION forum. ;)

Perhaps I offered too much with my bullet points. but that's where I saw the discussion headed towards so I was just trying get ahead of the discussion. Shall we discuss each point one by one...?

Main point - If you use Ebay, do you attempt to violate the terms of your service agreement with them by trying to make offline purchases with Ebay buyers/sellers to avoid paying Ebay fees?

That's what my original post was about, someone doing just that. You seemed to indicate that you try to do that too.

Some people have a way of make things personal so let's not make this discussion about me. I can tell you that many people do make deals out side of eBay, you know this just as well as I do... but I don't judge them by it.

No. I think people should be free to pay whatever they want for a shower curtain.

Well everyone can think hatever they want free from ridicule because no one can read minds.

Once you verbalize it though freedom of speech was specifically designed to protect ridicule.

If i remember history correctly Ben Franklin's bother was arrested for printing ridicules of the King absolutely I agree with the spirit freedom of speech was designed for.

Perhaps I offered too much with my bullet points. but that's where I saw the discussion headed towards so I was just trying get ahead of the discussion. Shall we discuss each point one by one...?

Main point - If you use Ebay, do you attempt to violate the terms of your service agreement with them by trying to make offline purchases with Ebay buyers/sellers to avoid paying Ebay fees?

That's what my original post was about, someone doing just that. You seemed to indicate that you try to do that too.

Some people have a way of make things personal so let's not make this discussion about me. I can tell you that many people do make deals out side of eBay, you know this just as well as I do... but I don't judge them by it.

???

Your very first post in this thread was about you.

"As long as the offer is reasonable, I prefer to deal outside of eBay... win/win. I just ignore the low ballers... eventually they'll go away."

Your projecting here... I can be honorable without being a slave to corporate idiocy.

Reminds me of a comic book dealer who backed out of a deal and then said "My word is good. Ask anybody!" lol

Come on Roy... you saying you've never been obligated to do something that you felt morally uncomfortable with?

All I'm saying is that if you agree to do something and then don't do it, there is no way to justify it away.

If i remember history correctly Ben Franklin's bother was arrested for printing ridicules of the King absolutely I agree with the spirit freedom of speech was designed for.

Some people mistakenly believe that the freedom TO ridicule means a freedom FROM ridicule.

???

Your very first post in this thread was about you.

"As long as the offer is reasonable, I prefer to deal outside of eBay... win/win. I just ignore the low ballers... eventually they'll go away."

Yes it was but that moment has come and gone. So what aspect of the subject would you like to now discuss?

Some people mistakenly believe that the freedom TO ridicule means a freedom FROM ridicule.

I like that line. Have to use it some day.

The original topic still applies, as do your (almost self-incriminating) responses:

Do you, like my persistent bidder, violate Ebay's terms of service agreement by trying to buy/sell items that are advertised on Ebay but bought/sold offline to avoid Ebay fees?