• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

Bottom line is you wanted to get rid of the book or need the money. If someone wants to deal off eBay to save them money and to save you the seller fees, then why not do it?

What if everyone did this? Do you think that would be a problem?

Bottom line is you wanted to get rid of the book or need the money. If someone wants to deal off eBay to save them money and to save you the seller fees, then why not do it?

Fact is, that would never happen. There are too many foreign transactions and way to many items being offered and sold.

:o

...but, but it violates ebay policy and you should always abide by the rules, if not Santa will put you on the naughty list and you'll get coal on Christmas.

:eyeroll:

Fact is, that would never happen. There are too many foreign transactions and way to many items being offered and sold.

Not surprising you didn't answer the question.

Give an answer to a question that would never happen?

If everyone thought like you it certainly could happen. Unless you don't think everyone is entitled to do the same.

:o

...but, but it violates ebay policy and you should always abide by the rules, if not Santa will put you on the naughty list and you'll get coal on Christmas.

:eyeroll:

lol Welp that explains this past Christmas :cry:

If everyone thought like you it certainly could happen. Unless you don't think everyone is entitled to do the same.

Yes, if the 160,000,000+ active users on eBay thought like I did it would happen. However, if that was the case and 160,000,000+ people thought like one person we would have more problems on our hands than worrying if eBay made their cut or not.

Keep the hypothetical questions coming... It will prepare me for when my daughters are a little older.

Yes, if the 160,000,000+ active users on eBay thought like I did it would happen. However, if that was the case and 160,000,000+ people thought like one person we would have more problems on our hands than worrying if eBay made their cut or not.

Keep the hypothetical questions coming... It will prepare me for when my daughters are a little older.

And it comes back to this - without using eBay, those "160,000,000+ users" wouldn't see the books you're selling. So you're paying them for A LOT more exposure than any one of us would get on our own. So if you list a book on eBay, sell it on eBay and pay the 10%. After that sale, I think it's more okay to deal off of eBay.

No matter how you try to justify it to yourself, you're stealing from a company that you chose to do business with. Nothing hypothetical about what's right and wrong here, or who's integrity-impaired.

And it comes back to this - without using eBay, those "160,000,000+ users" wouldn't see the books you're selling. So you're paying them for A LOT more exposure than any one of us would get on our own. So if you list a book on eBay, sell it on eBay and pay the 10%. After that sale, I think it's more okay to deal off of eBay.

I have sold on eBay and then dealt off eBay. I never said I was only posting books on eBay to sell off eBay. Typically I sell to whoever is interested first.