• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

That review is hilarious.

I believe if we board members were given 250 million we could come up with a much better movie.. as a rookie director...the review should be the worst "250 million dollar" movie of the year...now its better than an home 50K film..but WB got burned big time...."ZACK IS A HACK" on this version...but again he probably did not get final cut. so whatever executive made the final cut is responsible....hence I will await judgement till the "real uncensored version " is released on blu-ray

Do you really think, Mitch, that this so-called 'uncensored version' can turn a toad into a prince?

That review is hilarious.

I believe if we board members were given 250 million we could come up with a much better movie.. as a rookie director...the review should be the worst "250 million dollar" movie of the year...now its better than an home 50K film..but WB got burned big time...."ZACK IS A HACK" on this version...but again he probably did not get final cut. so whatever executive made the final cut is responsible....hence I will await judgement till the "real uncensored version " is released on blu-ray

Do you really think, Mitch, that this so-called 'uncensored version' can turn a toad into a prince?

In reality no...better yes...R rated/ 20% more movie...it cannot be any worse..If you look at watchmen..the directors cut I would say 50% better and makes more sense. and I read the comic and the original version was a bit confused..now this is a toad or load of crapp...yea..we must remember superman is superman..not a god but somebody with a leg up...this garbage pile and by the way, I think henry gives it his all,not he cannot wear the underpants of Chris Reeve..again go back to superman 1 a forty year old film thereabouts....but he is again limited with this -script if you call it that and the video CGI game never ending garbage battle..which is trash upon trash..heck I might as well just plan a video game..it would be better for the 250 Million bucks. it appears.somebody when to desert island with about 200 million....

Folks, even if you can see it for free...wait....and lets hope it gets better..for now..ZACH IS A HACK.

Edited by Mmehdy

So when does a movie that makes 300 million plus profit a bad movie for WB?. I would be happy if i could make 5 million for my life let alone 2/3 years. :headbang:

Edited by woowoo

So when does a movie that makes 300 million plus profit a bad movie for WB?. I would be happy if i could make 5 million for my life let alone 2/3 years. :headbang:

It just proves that with enough promotion recycled garbage can be profitable in spite of the stink. ;)

You do realize that BvS would probably have to close over 1.6 billion worldwide to make a 300 million PROFIT for WB. Theater cuts, more international expenses, marketing, etc.

You do realize that BvS would probably have to close over 1.6 billion worldwide to make a 300 million PROFIT for WB. Theater cuts, more international expenses, marketing, etc.

Theater makes less than 5 cents per ticket sold. They make there money on popcorn and stuff. I dont know whats what on the rest to get profit. I was throwing that out as a fast ball reply rantrant I dont think WB will lose since its out there that it cost 250 mill with everthing including international expenses marketing ect.

Edited by woowoo

Theater makes less than 5 cents per ticket sold. They make there money on popcorn and stuff. I dont know whats what on the rest to get profit. I was throwing that out as a fast ball reply rantrant I dont think WB will lose since its out there that it cost 250 mill with everthing including international expenses marketing ect.

Where did you get $0.05 per ticket sold?

http://www.rogerebert.com/letters/how-your-ticket-price-is-divided

It just proves that with enough promotion recycled garbage can be profitable in spite of the stink. ;)

But, tell us how you really feel, Cat.

79% drop from last monday; it's flatter than month-old beer. will strain to get to 350M/900M. but for china not letting it in, deadpool likely would've been a bigger ww grosser. unbelievable--d.c.'s two mainstays.

Where did you get $0.05 per ticket sold?

http://www.rogerebert.com/letters/how-your-ticket-price-is-divided

The GM at my local 16 cinima goes to me for all her car needs. I have got free movies for 15 plus years she tells me its a fight sometimes to have the studio let them show movies like this and its around 3/4 cents per ticket sale thats all they get. True or not (shrug) but she has 5 cinimas that she goes to for all there needs.

Edited by woowoo

But, tell us how you really feel, Cat.

To paraphrase the late great Keith Moon, "You mean you want me to tell you the truth the way you want to hear it? ...Oh no, can't do that, ...you couldn't afford me!" ;)

I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm betting I will like it. I liked MOS although there were some really awkward moments in it. For all the naysayers, I say this:

Pop in "Batman and Robin". Then go see BvS. If anyone can say with a straight face the former movie was good, I have a butterfly net waiting for your occupancy. I haven't seen a Batman movie yet I have liked. It's one of those things where I know what I want to see, but haven't seen it yet. I'm hoping BvS will be a close approximation.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm betting I will like it. I liked MOS although there were some really awkward moments in it. For all the naysayers, I say this:

Pop in "Batman and Robin". Then go see BvS. If anyone can say with a straight face the former movie was good, I have a butterfly net waiting for your occupancy. I haven't seen a Batman movie yet I have liked. It's one of those things where I know what I want to see, but haven't seen it yet. I'm hoping BvS will be a close approximation.

DC productions aren't getting much of my money these days. My time is too valuable to waste on tasteless/offensive films. I respect that you liked MoS, but we obviously have different standards for entertainment.

DC productions aren't getting much of my money these days. My time is too valuable to waste on tasteless/offensive films. I respect that you liked MoS, but we obviously have different standards for entertainment.

Tell the truth your just not a DC guy. :taptaptap:

Watched it this past weekend. Was it great? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Did I enjoy it more than Avengers II? Definitely.

I've had root canals I've enjoyed more than Avengers II. :insane:

There's no question that Batman vs. Superman is both better than a root canal, and Avengers 2(a cookie cutter movie that took absolutely no chances).

Just finished rewatching superman 1978..the first 40 mins of that movie can go toe to toe with ANY superhero movie today.....and that was almost 40 years ago....Chris reeve was the man, check out not only the first scene but when he was in lois's apartment and almost told her he was superman...NOW THAT is acting. We forget what is great when we are flooded with DC wanna be marvel movies.

The first two Superman movies with Reeve are probably still my favorite comic book movies. I prefer them to nearly everything that's come later, except for Nolan's trilogy, Spider-Man 2, and Winter Soldier.

The studio gets in america a sliding scale of ticket sales, generally 80-90% week one, and its way downhill from there, if production cost is 250 mil and promo 150 mil along with prints etc say 400 the general rule is 50% of box office goes to the studio, china is a flat 25% minus commie bribes so worldwide probably about 33% minus currency conversions. The movie is still in a LOSS and is gonna remain a loss for WB..they blew it...toned it down to point it was a mess, cut time off to make for a extra showing in a day...and trashed the DC universe...not bad for a 250 million dollar investment waste of time by Zach the Hack.

Edited by Mmehdy

Tell the truth your just not a DC guy. :taptaptap:

George Reeves in the first 26 episodes of the original television series caught the essence of Superman for me. Sophisticated by today's standards? ...Obviously not, but the charm, heroism and even danger of super powered being operating secretly in human society was done quite well.

I'd love to see Batman done right, but it's like the Goldilocks bears on steroids. Either the character is done as pure camp like the 60's abomination or the 80's & 90's interpretations where Batman was overshadowed by star actor villains or Joel Shumaker's riske' interpretation of Batman and Robin that looked like a promo film for LAMBA. And finally, when it looked like Batman couldn't be subject to worse treatment we got the darkest of the dark knight interpretations. A series that ended in Heath Ledger's spiral into darkness and the Joker idolized by a crazed cinema shooter lifting the dark horror to real world stature in an obscene reflection of just how dark our society has finally become. Maybe Goldilocks with CSI investigating her remains in the bear's cabin. Too hot, too cold, too nasty, too tasteless, but never just right.

Yeah, I want my heroes to be heroic. I have no problem with scriptwriters developing characters that are conflicted and going through periods of darkness, but that only works if they come out on the other side better adjusted from the experience. Heck, adding the dimensionality of life's complexities enriches characters. Heroes need not be emotionless card-board cut outs, but the darkness requires balance. Establishing conflicted characters in a totally dystopian world isn't entertainment. Alas, we may be making our world a little more dystopian every day, but I'd like to think that there's room for optimism and hope. If our movies can't offer a hint of humanity, then I think our entertainment industry is in a truly sad state.

Well, you asked. So, as in the Buckeroo Banzai universe, no matter where you go, there you are.