• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

Tarzan looks like he will make a comback and overtake Superman in popularity.

Who would have thought that?

this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen. Tarzan? really?

They will make more solo Tarzan movies over solo Superman movies these next 5 years!

Why?

The audience can`t relate to Superman for some reason.

The new Tarzan looks modern and relevant.

the Tarzan movie (movies) might do well, who knows, but as for the mainstream American culture as a whole? I think that's stretching a bit.

Worldwide audience for Tarzan is huge!

Plus we all know Superman

won`t be in any movies for a while because he has been killed off!

With a solo Ben Afflect Batman movie and Batman leading the Justice League in the Justice League movie the hype for Batman #1/Detective Comics #27 will be off the charts!

I too just got back and LOVED THIS MOVIE. Affleck is the best Bats since Adam West. Totally believable. Jeremy Irons was also fantastic. Bat Man was finally a detective. GREAT prelude to Justice League. I loved Man of steel but this one was a notch above. Opening sequence with Bruce is fantastic. If you haven't seen this movie go faster than a speeding bullet. Applause at my theatre when it ended and applause when WW hits the screen for the first time

I agree. I'm not a dark and gritty type guy but loved this movie. I was enthralled the entire 2 1/2 hours. We too applauded when WW showed up and at the end.

your posts are always so "in the moment", when Iron Man was hot, you posted he would be the Number 1 hero due to his 'technology angle" being hot with millennials, then when both Spider-man reboots did less then Man of Steel domestically, you proclaimed Superman was starting to overtake Spider-man in popularity, so which is it? and now your claiming the critics problem with BATSvSUPES is Superman? no, it's not, they almost all cite story, -script, movie not being focused, movie being too dark and no sense of fun, etc. I've seen a few critics not liking Afflecks Batman for being too violent and bitter.

and Tec 27 held the number one GA book spot for a few years from the 1989 Batman movie, but Action 1 regained the number one spot sometime in the 90's, so why was that? don't seem to recall any Superman movies in the 90's. While there were 3 Batman movies in that time, (albeit bad ones)

I think Superman will be just fine in the next 100 years.

DUDE (thumbs u that was not the 90s but 2000s Action 1 has some high grade copys that busted records thats why. I only saw 1 8.0 copy of Tec 27 sell in 40 years and there are few high grade Action 1s as of last 10 years. I told Mitch if a 9.0 w page Tec 27 was to hit the market it would break all records.

you made me bust out my Overstreet guide didn't you (sigh), I'm looking at it right now, the 25th edition of OS guide, mine has the Yellow Kid and X-men on the cover, it says in the "Top Golden Age books" section, Tec27 was #1 in 1994 and Action 1 was #2. then the very next year 1995 Action 1 regained the #1 spot, so how is that not in the 90's?

my point is that while Batman had several movies in the 90s, Superman had none, so what exactly was it that made Action #1 take back the #1 spot that year? anywho, I know you have a Tec 27, so off course you want to see that book do well, which it will of course, I have niether book,

I think we get a little movie crazy at times, BTW, a Tec 31 was listed at $16k in NM in 1995 OS.

Ya i new you were right lol was just trying to say the #1 spot among us Goldenage freaks has been more in Batmans side. I do have Actions under 20 remember. I got that 16 that i thought had the wrong insides till you showed it to be the right ones. (thumbs u

Edited by woowoo

They will make more solo Tarzan movies over solo Superman movies these next 5 years!

Why?

The audience can`t relate to Superman for some reason.

The new Tarzan looks modern and relevant.

the Tarzan movie (movies) might do well, who knows, but as for the mainstream American culture as a whole? I think that's stretching a bit.

Worldwide audience for Tarzan is huge!

Plus we all know Superman

won`t be in any movies for a while because he has been killed off!

With a solo Ben Afflect Batman movie and Batman leading the Justice League in the Justice League movie the hype for Batman #1/Detective Comics #27 will be off the charts!

in regards to your "spoiler" post

um, Henry Cavill is in the JL pt. 1 cast, so.. he will be in movies soon.

your posts are always so "in the moment", when Iron Man was hot, you posted he would be the Number 1 hero due to his 'technology angle" being hot with millennials, then when both Spider-man reboots did less then Man of Steel domestically, you proclaimed Superman was starting to overtake Spider-man in popularity, so which is it? and now your claiming the critics problem with BATSvSUPES is Superman? no, it's not, they almost all cite story, -script, movie not being focused, movie being too dark and no sense of fun, etc. I've seen a few critics not liking Afflecks Batman for being too violent and bitter.

and Tec 27 held the number one GA book spot for a few years from the 1989 Batman movie, but Action 1 regained the number one spot sometime in the 90's, so why was that? don't seem to recall any Superman movies in the 90's. While there were 3 Batman movies in that time, (albeit bad ones)

I think Superman will be just fine in the next 100 years.

DUDE (thumbs u that was not the 90s but 2000s Action 1 has some high grade copys that busted records thats why. I only saw 1 8.0 copy of Tec 27 sell in 40 years and there are few high grade Action 1s as of last 10 years. I told Mitch if a 9.0 w page Tec 27 was to hit the market it would break all records.

you made me bust out my Overstreet guide didn't you (sigh), I'm looking at it right now, the 25th edition of OS guide, mine has the Yellow Kid and X-men on the cover, it says in the "Top Golden Age books" section, Tec27 was #1 in 1994 and Action 1 was #2. then the very next year 1995 Action 1 regained the #1 spot, so how is that not in the 90's?

my point is that while Batman had several movies in the 90s, Superman had none, so what exactly was it that made Action #1 take back the #1 spot that year? anywho, I know you have a Tec 27, so off course you want to see that book do well, which it will of course, I have niether book,

I think we get a little movie crazy at times, BTW, a Tec 31 was listed at $16k in NM in 1995 OS.

Ya i new you were right lol was just trying to say the #1 spot among us Goldenage freaks has been more in Batmans side. I do have Actions under 20 remember. I got that 16 that i thought had the wrong insides till you showed it to be the right ones. (thumbs u

and I have a Batman #1 (low grade, but blue label), so I'm fine with Batman book going up in popularity, and I do like Batman, but I don't like my Batman psychotic, I prefer him to be smart, level headed and more showing of the detective skills, you know like, the early 90s animated show. or the O'neil/Adams era.

My review!

I must live in a different world than the artsy fartsy critics of Rotten Tomatoes.

All I heard was negative reviews about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Well,I just got back from it,and damn this was good! Very good!

I was shocked how mature and emotional this was. It took superhero movies to another level just like Frank Miller`s Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore`s Watchmen did with comics.

I don`t get the critical reviews of Rotten Tomatoes about this movie.

Pros

Batman as Ben Affleck.

by far the best film Batman I ever saw.

Gritty and violent just like in Frank Miller`s Dark Knight.

Batman_v_Superman_MILIMA20150417_0327_14.jpg

The battle between Batman and Superman may have been the most brutal battle I ever seen in a movie! Ever!

Words can`t describe the brutality Batman does to Superman!

The scene at the beginning the origin of Batman was just heartbreaking!

The destruction of Metropolis seemed so real that it made you think how dangerous Superman battling evildoers is.

Wonder Woman was so mysterious and hot!

Yes,I can`t wait for the Wonder Woman movie now!

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

Also have no fear Jesse Eisenberg delivers as Lex Luthor.

98703402b10eb834ccb9b12d0a4d6929.jpg

Double spoiler alert! Double spoiler alert!

To me what made this picture so emotional was the death of Superman! I really didn`t see it coming and it got to me when they showed him so lifeless.

Cons.

The new Aquaman looks unappealing. I have no faith in the upcoming Aquaman movie. He looks nothing like the Aquaman we know.

The new Flash doesn`t do it either. They would have been better off with the CW TV version Grant Gustin.

Conclusion:

The Rotten Tomatoes artsy fartsy critics are way off.

Me thinks they thought they were going to get a comedy movie like Deadpool, and were shocked at how serious Batman v Superman was.

Batman v Superman is a homerun,and I can`t wait for more DC Universe movies!

I am having deja vu. I could swear you posted the same exact message in the Water Cooler area.

Some of the goldenage guys never go into water cooler!

I wanted them to see a different POV that some us enjoyed it. (thumbs u

I, and the authorities I represent, will let it slide this time -- since you put a lot of work into the post. Next time, though: You will get a stern talking-to.

Sounds kind of 1984 Orwellian police state!

:fear:

WB's over estimated the gross of this film.. The actual amount is 166 mil... Not bad for this dog. Prediction on my part this will have the greatest drop from week one to two in the history of cinema. Don't get me wrong Henry's superman I am fine with... This is not a very rewarding -script for him... I like Ben as batman a lot, Gail as WW but why is it that I feel the DC movies are second class to marvel... That spark is just not there. It is very ironic that it is just the opposite in tv...DC kicks but.. I like daredevil but WB kicks marvel in that dept.

I have high hopes for much longer r rated version of this movie.. My prediction is under one billion box office... 777 million.

Edited by Mmehdy

WB's over estimated the gross of this film.. The actual amount is 166 mil... Not bad for this dog. Prediction on my part this will have the greatest drop from week one to two in the history of cinema. Don't get me wrong Henry's superman I am fine with... This is not a very rewarding -script for him... I like Ben as batman a lot, Gail as WW but why is it that I feel the DC movies are second class to marvel... That spark is just not there. It is very ironic that it is just the opposite in tv...DC kicks but.. I like daredevil but WB kicks marvel in that dept.

I have high hopes for much longer r rated version of this movie.. My prediction is under one billion box office... 777 million.

I predict it cracks 1 billion but just barely. word of mouth willl eventually catch up to it. A lot of people really dislike it, some like it, a small minority is excited about it but it still is doing much better with audiences than critics at this point.

It's interesting you say this. A buddy of mine and I had a similar conversation and we put the final worldwide at about $750-$800mm. Something in line with MOS numbers. Good but not great. Deadpool will end up being a more lucrative movie and far more profitable. Warner Bros really does need to re-think their approach.

Also, having a different actor playing the Flash in the movie from the show is stupid.

-J.

With a $420M weekend opening that just seems to be impossibly low?

Mitch get ready for Action to be #2 as Batman continues to grow in popularity even with guys like Buttfleck playing the role. Same old problem with Superman, not interesting enough for people to really care and the same old tired story lines have been played to death.

With Batman looking like to be the leader of the Justice League his popularity will continue to grow.

I don't know what they can do to make Superman cool with modern audiences?

He has had three chances this last decade.

Superman Returns

Man of Steel

Batman vs. Superman

I like Superman,but unfortunately the modern movie going audiences don't share my enthusiasm.

For one thing the whole Lois Lane is in trouble and superman to the rescue theme is beyond redundant.

Another issue is superman is too powerful. I think he would be more interesting if there was more than one way to beat him in a fight.

They need to take away some of his powers and just have some movies where Lois doesn't factor in to the hero aspect of the plot for starters. Then they should change his uniform and have him say "shazam" everytime he wants to transform into his super self -Problem fixed (thumbs u

WT :censored: Lets have a drink and talk abought this :devil:

The last time the devil poured me a drink it got a little crazy...

3215399_zps5obdqfo2.gif

Mitch get ready for Action to be #2 as Batman continues to grow in popularity even with guys like Buttfleck playing the role. Same old problem with Superman, not interesting enough for people to really care and the same old tired story lines have been played to death.

With Batman looking like to be the leader of the Justice League his popularity will continue to grow.

I don't know what they can do to make Superman cool with modern audiences?

He has had three chances this last decade.

Superman Returns

Man of Steel

Batman vs. Superman

I like Superman,but unfortunately the modern movie going audiences don't share my enthusiasm.

For one thing the whole Lois Lane is in trouble and superman to the rescue theme is beyond redundant.

Another issue is superman is too powerful. I think he would be more interesting if there was more than one way to beat him in a fight.

They need to take away some of his powers and just have some movies where Lois doesn't factor in to the hero aspect of the plot for starters. Then they should change his uniform and have him say "shazam" everytime he wants to transform into his super self -Problem fixed (thumbs u

WT :censored: Lets have a drink and talk abought this :devil:

The last time the devil poured me a drink it got a little crazy...

3215399_zps5obdqfo2.gif

Ya but thats not a bad thing is it (shrug)

Prediction on my part this will have the greatest drop from week one to two in the history of cinema.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/drops.htm

Lots of tiny movies on the list, but you said "in the history of cinema", so there you go.

It should be noted that movies with massive pre-sale numbers are also on that list... like the last Harry Potter movie.

While that was a major drop between week one and week two, I don't think anyone considers Harry Potter a failure. hm

hm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/#76505a9f6d72

-J.

hm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/#76505a9f6d72

-J.

WOW...the worst $$ drop in the history of cinema from friday to sunday......this is just the begining...the truth is gonna get out..