• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

As I said in the movies thread

Added to (the fact that Sunday was Easter) is the fact that Thursday's totals were added to Friday's, and that what used to be a midnight showing Thursday/Friday is now a full slate of showings Thursday evening. I wasn't a big fan of the film, but just as I would have predicted large opening Friday no matter how bad the film was I would have also predicted a huge drop off Friday to Sunday no matter how good the movie was. The big test will be this week when many kids are out on spring break. I would think it should hold pretty well during the week.

Added to (the fact that Sunday was Easter) is the fact that Thursday's totals were added to Friday's, and that what used to be a midnight showing Thursday/Friday is now a full slate of showings Thursday evening. I wasn't a big fan of the film, but just as I would have predicted large opening Friday no matter how bad the film was I would have also predicted a huge drop off Friday to Sunday no matter how good the movie was. The big test will be this week when many kids are out on spring break. I would think it should hold pretty well during the week.

you can forget getting to a billion dollars on this turkey.

Edited by Mmehdy

Many, if not most kids were out on spring break last week, no?

And that is the reason , along with wanting to avoid Cap 3, why they moved it to this past weekend, no?

To now use that as an excuse to explain the massive day over day drops seems a little sketchy to me.

Add in the fact that the movie had a simultaneously worldwide launch and it's easy to see how and why the box office on this will be heavily front loaded.

If it drops less than 70% week over week I would be surprised.

-J.

And that is the reason , along with wanting to avoid Cap 3, why they moved it to this past weekend, no?

To now use that as an excuse to explain the massive day over day drops seems a little sketchy to me.

Add in the fact that the movie had a simultaneously worldwide launch and it's easy to see how and why the box office on this will be heavily front loaded.

-J.

Spring break begins this Friday around here..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Spring break is this week here in Minneapolis.

with good friday being a holiday down here and spring break being the week after easter, the kids get a whopping 10 days in a row off. pretty good deal.

I'm so happy that it turns out I completely disagree with Mitch.

Normal service has resumed.

At least we agree that the pg13 kidde short version is a dog..it is trying to wag TOO MANY TALES AT THE SAME TIME. . You can't blame the director on that one....Watchmen went from being a good movie to a near great one with the directors cut. and I have never met a person who preferred the original cut..this guy need more time to tell some many stories and blame the -script..it was probably a 3 1/2 hour movie to begin with...if you go on aintitcool.com you will see the release of the FIRST DELETED SCENE...NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT...they actually released it at a very early time...in fact that could be record...somebody at WB is saying we made a big mistake...check it out...they are 20 more to come...I am blind buying the R rated Blu-ray.

Edited by Mmehdy

-J.

Spring break begins this Friday around here..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I live in one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country and their spring break was last week here....

-J.

I enjoyed this movie. I learned not to go in expecting to be blown away, but take whats given and not try to pick it apart. Not the best movie I ever saw, but by far not the worst. Lex was a little too young I think. Gene Hackman has that role all day long.

Largest Monday in March

It crashed in china day 4 only 4.58 mil...record drop..check out Variety web page article B v S box office fall short in china...and based on the fact that march is not month in the history of the box-office in which blockbusters are dumped, thats right dumped..they chicken-out when going toe to toe with Cap civil war and put in march to save face..after Deadpool hit the jackpot they should have changed the release date OR and this is a better idea put the R rated version in IMAX for the fans and PG dumbed down version for the kids in the regular theaters...now which version would you have paid to see????..I know what 99% of real fans would see

Edited by Mmehdy

Largest Monday in March

It crashed in china day 4 only 4.58 mil...record drop..check out Variety web page article B v S box office fall short in china...and based on the fact that march is not month in the history of the box-office in which blockbusters are dumped, thats right dumped..they chicken-out when going toe to toe with Cap civil war and put in march to save face..after Deadpool hit the jackpot they should have changed the release date OR and this is a better idea put the R rated version in IMAX for the fans and PG dumbed down version for the kids in the regular theaters...now which version would you have paid to see????..I know what 99% of real fans would see

What would make it R rated?....deadpool is an R rated character... Batman, Supes and WW are PG characters (right)...

I have no doubt the grosses will be high the first week...until the word gets out....WB is business, I understand that...but a good idea would have been to release BOTH versions...it would of taken guts....its a new idea...the adult version and the kidde one...well I wish I was in charge....my question to the boards is will the R version 30 min plus make a difference... ...now that you have seen it....

Currently the MPAA guidelines forbid the release of two versions simultaneously. I've long been in favor of what you suggest but don't know if it will be done anytime soon. As I recall, even the Weinsteins couldn't get a waiver to release a PG-13 version of Kings Speech without withdrawing the R version).

In this case, what BvS needs is not just an "R" version, but a "good" one. You could conduct a seminar on flawed storytelling (and franchise endangerment) with this movie as the prime example.

There are several billion fans worldwide of Superman and Batman, and they chose to focus on a few thousand of them.

Edited by bluechip

Largest Monday in March

What would make it R rated?....deadpool is an R rated character... Batman, Supes and WW are PG characters (right)...

Expanded bathtub scene with Lois and Clark

:jokealert:

Largest Monday in March

Mitch why don't you just enjoy the movie instead trying to make predictions on the box office numbers? Your always latch on to the views, prices, numbers, etc like it actually matters to the "fans" as you call them. Oh and for the record Superman blows and DC sucks. :whistle:

I quite enjoyed it

Gator would you say it was the Superman mythos that is a sore spot with these critics?

I haven`t met anyone yet that didn`t enjoy Ben Affleck as Batman or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

It seems to be the Superman stuff like Lex Luthor and Doomsday that is throwing critics in a tiff.

Let`s face it the next solo Ben Affleck Batman movie will do an easy 1 billion box office.

Batman`s future is secure.

Superman`s I don`t know.

I quite enjoyed it

Gator would you say it was the Superman mythos that is a sore spot with these critics?

I haven`t met anyone yet that didn`t enjoy Ben Affleck as Batman or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

It seems to be the Superman stuff like Lex Luthor and Doomsday that is throwing critics in a tiff.

Let`s face it the next solo Ben Affleck Batman movie will do an easy 1 billion box office.

Superman`s I don`t know.

You've now met someone who did not enjoy Ben Affleck as Batman. I kept wishing Jeremy Irons/Alfred would kill Ben Afflck/Bruce Wayne and take over the mantle of Batman.

I quite enjoyed it

Superman`s I don`t know.

You've now met someone who did not enjoy Ben Affleck as Batman. I kept wishing Jeremy Irons/Alfred would kill Ben Afflck/Bruce Wayne and take over the mantle of Batman.

I haven't seen this one yet, but I have yet to see an actor who really nailed Batman. In every Batman movie that's been any good (which for me would be Batman Returns plus the Dark Knight trilogy), it's been the villains who made the movies. I would have preferred to see an unknown but talented actor cast as Batman, but I'm keeping an open mind about Affleck till I see the film. (I'll probably wait for it to hit the $2 movie theaters.)

Largest Monday in March

Mitch why don't you just enjoy the movie instead trying to make predictions on the box office numbers? Your always latch on to the views, prices, numbers, etc like it actually matters to the "fans" as you call them. Oh and for the record Superman blows and DC sucks. :whistle:

If there was a movie to enjoy...I would be focusing on that...they did the thing backwards....marvel did the solo movies first, introduced the characters and backstory and THEN DID AVENGERS.. DC tried to do too much...they should of first have have the batman, WW. Flash SOLO movies..then JLA

Edited by Mmehdy