• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

I had a really awesome bowel movement today. Up 87% from the one I had last week. I'm working on how to monetize that increase and will report back to you.
. You must of watched this turd too.. I see the analogy .

Actually, the ANALogy was with respects to your snobbish review that 'soiled' my pre-conceived notion of the film before seeing it. I saw it in 2D and intend to see the 3D version. I found the final battle scene terrifying. I had chills running up my spine every time Wonder Woman was on screen.

Furthermore, I don't care how this movie, which represents the best of the American mythology, plays in godless communist China. Mostlikely, the heavily censored version (mentions of God, compassion for others, self determinism, images of american flags, nationalism) there probably didn't make any sense whatsoever and deserves the flop that you have suggested.

I have a simple rating system for movies and comics.

2 1/2 If I can watch (read) it from beginning to end.

3 If I actually liked it

4 If I felt emotionally attached to the characters

5 If I still felt connect the next day.

This movie was a 5 for me.

I had a really awesome bowel movement today. Up 87% from the one I had last week. I'm working on how to monetize that increase and will report back to you.

lol

+1, please let us know once you figure out how to monetize, I would be interested getting in on that, heck may even be worth stepping up on the fiber.

Actually, the ANALogy was with respects to your snobbish review that 'soiled' my pre-conceived notion of the film before seeing it. I saw it in 2D and intend to see the 3D version. I found the final battle scene terrifying. I had chills running up my spine every time Wonder Woman was on screen.

Furthermore, I don't care how this movie, which represents the best of the American mythology, plays in godless communist China. Mostlikely, the heavily censored version (mentions of God, compassion for others, self determinism, images of american flags, nationalism) there probably didn't make any sense whatsoever and deserves the flop that you have suggested.

3 If I actually liked it

1- the godless Chinese ... Are you referring to chairman Mao times.. News bulletin :: chairman Mao is dead... China is capitalist with a handout to the commies.. But they do have the largest amount of movie screens or about to do they do factor in even though studios only net about 25% of box office revenues ( see above " hand out to commies")

2-if this movie is the best of American mythology - you had better see the following films - dark night, orig superman, watchmen directors cut... This movie cannot wear the underwear of those to name a few

3- " my snobbish review" you had better include the hollywoodreporter, ny times and every major media company,s review. Sir, I am

Not, nor have I ever been a snob.., I call it the way is and just so happens every critic agreeds or 99%... The film

Is an incomplete mess ... Now given more screen time, less censorship I hope it can better and that is not very hard to do. I went in with high expectations hoping the trailers were wrong, when the batman footage was previewed my hopes were even higher...I saw the movie for free and was still pissed off... The same old same old... Where something along the lines of V for Vendetta took my breath away... Now that movie is a 5 out of 5...that is what I am talking about.. Instead 250 million bucks for what... Not what I saw in the screen.. V cost 1/5 of that movie if not even less. I support zack but his version has not been released yet and that is 20% more film... I will be interested to see your response with the r rated version is released....

Edited by Mmehdy

Did these Boards recently secretly become a Time Warner stock message board? I can`t believe how fixated people are on BvS box office tallies.

I don`t own any stock, and I don`t have any friends or relatives who work there or who are involved in the movie. So I personally don`t give a :censored: about its financial performance and don`t understand why so many people here seem to. The only thing I care about is whether I enjoyed the movie or not, and I did.

They care because of the JLA franchise, which will get the green light if BVS hits a certain target. Let's repeat that word - franchise. Fans have a lot of emotional investment in that.

The movie has clearly done well enough financially for the JLA movie to come out.

This was not a flop like Green Lantern.

3 If I actually liked it

:applause: Well said.

3 If I actually liked it

:applause: Well said.

Wow! You guys are easily impressed by propaganda. That's OK. I'm siding with Mitch and the critics, so feel free to do your worst boys. :sumo:

It's not surprising that the flocks shelled out millions to keep Zack Snyder's Super Bat-turd afloat the first weekend. It was certainly promoted well to it's target demographic. The second weekend take is more telling.

Of course, everyone's mileage varies, so I'd hope that some here will forgive those of us who haven't been caught up in this depressing deconstruction of a great hero mythos. Maybe the marketers can extend it's BO a bit by re-releasing it as Supe's NOT Dead 2.

Did these Boards recently secretly become a Time Warner stock message board? I can`t believe how fixated people are on BvS box office tallies.

I don`t own any stock, and I don`t have any friends or relatives who work there or who are involved in the movie. So I personally don`t give a :censored: about its financial performance and don`t understand why so many people here seem to. The only thing I care about is whether I enjoyed the movie or not, and I did.

They care because of the JLA franchise, which will get the green light if BVS hits a certain target. Let's repeat that word - franchise. Fans have a lot of emotional investment in that.

The movie has clearly done well enough financially for the JLA movie to come out.

This was not a flop like Green Lantern.

That was self-evident.

CAT, I do respect your opinion. Would you care to elaborate?

. . .

Wow! You guys are easily impressed by propaganda. That's OK. I'm siding with Mitch and the critics, so feel free to do your worst boys. :sumo:

Nearly all movies today have a propaganda elements to them. Heavily tilted to the neo-liberal Globalist narrative.

CIA and Hollywood

One of the politically potent moments in the movie was when Luther was hosting his cocktail party and stated america's consciousness died with Kennedy and Lennon (there was a third name, but it came so fast I missed it).

It was refreshing to see a major motion picture evoke the passe notion that there is a higher power that supersedes our existential bodies.

Lex Luthor: We know better now, don't we? Devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, they come from the sky.

Lex Luthor: If man won't kill God, the Devil will do it!

. . .

Lex Luthor: See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; God takes sides! No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

Luthor has mistakenly interpreted Psalm 136 -- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.

His love endures forever.

This philosophical argument is far to simplistic for the likes of Luthor (if he was sane). An all-powerful God is so because He stands outside time. Beyond the duality of good vs. evil. Hence, He can not be 'all good' nor can He be 'all bad'. Psalm 136 rightly interpreted means God's Love for His Family is beneficial.

. . .

. . .

It was certainly promoted well to it's target demographic.. . .

I presumed it was targeted to the Dark Knight, Frank Miller, Batman fans. Of which I am not a member. The altruistic Superman motif which by itself is dull. When the two are weaved together, the sum is greater than its parts.

The movie is not a Marvel wantabee. Nor should DC ever try to be!

. . .

Of course, everyone's mileage varies, so I'd hope that some here will forgive those of us who haven't been caught up in this depressing deconstruction of a great hero mythos. .

Could you please expand on that thought? Edited by tabcom

The film's gross is important as an indicator of how likely it is that the follow-on 11 (or whatever the count is) movies will actually get made. Only Warner execs know what they really think of these grosses and how they affect their thinking about the future films.

Similarly, I think the strongly negative reviews matter. I don't know if there is a precedent for a film franchise being successful in the teeth of such scathing reviews, whatever the opening grosses might be.

It's similar to the scrutiny of television ratings for baseball's World Series. Each fall there will be some baseball writers who will write, "I don't care that the ratings continue to fall; this was a great Series. That's all that matters."

In fact, though, as baseball's television ratings have dwindled, so has coverage of the sport. ESPN probably devotes less than half the time to baseball that they did 15 years ago.

So there are good reasons that ratings and box office grosses matter to fans.

CAT, I do respect your opinion. Would you care to elaborate?

. . .

Nearly all movies today have a propaganda elements to them. Heavily tilted to the neo-liberal Globalist narrative.

CIA and Hollywood

One of the politically potent moments in the movie was when Luther was hosting his cocktail party and stated america's consciousness died with Kennedy and Lennon (there was a third name, but it came so fast I missed it).

It was refreshing to see a major motion picture evoke the passe notion that there is a higher power that supersedes our existential bodies.

Lex Luthor: We know better now, don't we? Devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, they come from the sky.

Lex Luthor: If man won't kill God, the Devil will do it!

. . .

Lex Luthor: See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; God takes sides! No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

Luthor has mistakenly interpreted Psalm 136 -- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.

His love endures forever.

This philosophical argument is far to simplistic for the likes of Luthor (if he was sane). An all-powerful God is so because He stands outside time. Beyond the duality of good vs. evil. Hence, He can not be 'all good' nor can He be 'all bad'. Psalm 136 rightly interpreted means God's Love for His Family is beneficial.

. . .

. . .

It was certainly promoted well to it's target demographic.. . .

I presumed it was targeted to the Dark Knight, Frank Miller, Batman fans. Of which I am not a member. The altruistic Superman motif which by itself is dull. When the two are weaved together, the sum is greater than its parts.

The movie is not a Marvel wantabee. Nor should DC ever try to be!

. . .

Of course, everyone's mileage varies, so I'd hope that some here will forgive those of us who haven't been caught up in this depressing deconstruction of a great hero mythos. .

Could you please expand on that thought?

Gladly. The original Superman concept was developed during the Great Depression by Jerry Siegel, a Jewish lad who loosely constructed the mythos of the character around Jewish mythology. If there was any religious subtext to the character at all, it was very Old Testament, but even that was not heavy handed. Superman became the all powerful savior of an immigrant people abused in their new homeland by evil forces that took advantage of the weak and most vulnerable. As a symbol, Superman was an all powerful Golem-like entity who could be called on to wage war against the tyrannical forces of greed, crime, political corruption and prejudice.

My point is that there were no New Testement parables extended to the original character and what modest symbolism may have existed was firmly established in Jewish tradition. The metamorphosis of the character into a Christian icon with unsubtle biblical subtext was clearly done at the behest of Zack Snyder in a blatantly manipulative effort to fill seats with a scripture obsessed audience. MoS's offensive exploitation made me gag and I've heard the cynical rewriting of the character to fill theater pews continues in this film. The deconstruction of Siegel & Shuster's mythological hero persists in this dark pre-apocalyptic romp.

I was offended by how Zack Snyder has shamelessly reenvisioned the simple righter of wrongs that Siegel & Shuster created. Superman no longer represents simple heartfelt values and standing up for those with no voice. The more joyful character kids could admire for strength and a simple ethical philosophy, the alien immigrant who stood for truth and justice has been replaced by a tortured symbol of Christian resurrection in a world beset by coldly calculating demons and forces of hellish chaos in the end times.

Those who like these films for having a supposedly more thoughtful adult themes and symbolism are fooling themselves. They're being manipulated from Zack Snyder's pulpit as surely as a pumped up minister's fire and brimstone sermon loosely drawing scriptural similarities between biblical times and today. The only difference between Zack's back-lot sermon and a minister's is that theater owners always make sure the plate is passed first.

I'm not condemning those who are enamored of the film's message, but please allow those of us who appreciate the simple beauty of the character's original mythos our measured cynicism. It isn't so much the overuse of Christian values and biblical references in Zack's rebooted Superman that I object to, it's the cynical reenvisionment of the character and calculated promotion to appeal to church goers that I find offensive. As for the Dark Knight and Wonder Woman, their presence does little to make me want to part with my money.

As I've stated before, Make Mine Marvel. ...Excelsior!

Gladly. The original Superman concept was developed during the Great Depression by Jerry Siegel, a Jewish lad who loosely constructed the mythos of the character around Jewish mythology.

You're saying that Superman was based on the Golem? My understanding is that Siegel originally conceived Superman as a villain. Then, years later, he and Schuster decided to make him a hero in the spirit of Tarzan.

Gladly. The original Superman concept was developed during the Great Depression by Jerry Siegel, a Jewish lad who loosely constructed the mythos of the character around Jewish mythology.

You're saying that Superman was based on the Golem? My understanding is that Siegel originally conceived Superman as a villain. Then, years later, he and Schuster decided to make him a hero in the spirit of Tarzan.

The Superman character evolved over time. It's unclear that the anti-hero concept was destined for outright villainy. I do know that at one point Joe Shuster was jettisoned for a more experienced artist while Jerry Siegel sought newspaper syndication. Anyway, it's doubtful that any New Testement references were on the minds of these Jewish lads while developing Superman. There were SF themes from film and the pulps and Jewish mythology stemming from traditional teachings such as Golem, etc., but protestant scripture wasn't part of the process.

Sounds like you cant see a movie just for fun. Take a kid or your wife for a good family time. I dont care what the movie made its more than they say but i thought it was ok. I will tell you its better the 2nd time go see it Mitch. 0000000000000000000000 dump your Action 1s they are down 78% VS Tec 27 (thumbs u

Edited by woowoo

Sounds like you cant see a movie just for fun. Take a kid or your wife for a good family time. I dont care what the movie made its more than they say but i thought it was ok. I will tell you its better the 2nd time go see it Mitch. 0000000000000000000000 dump your Action 1s they are down 78% VS Tec 27 (thumbs u

The first time I saw it for free...I was still pissed...if you think I am gonna spend $$$ for this version it is not gonna happen...I will BUY the R rated blu-ray and suggest you do the same.

Edited by Mmehdy