• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

Is there not a Tec #27 9.2 out there as we speak? I believe it was a CPR'd to its current grade but you can bet it would surpass any Action #1 sale to date. Oh and Mitch a Tec #27 CGC 8.0 actually out sold a the Action #1 CGC 8.0 in 2010 and those sales were only months apart. More facts for you to ignore.

The Dentist Dave A has a high grade copy we talked on the phone around 1982-1985 and he had just got the book when i got mine. I have not been in contact with since the 80s when i was selling on the CBG but i (think) he has a copy that would grade 9.2 but thats just hear say (shrug) . I have heard there was a 9.2 or better out there and that book would break it all.

Is there not a Tec #27 9.2 out there as we speak? I believe it was a CPR'd to its current grade but you can bet it would surpass any Action #1 sale to date. Oh and Mitch a Tec #27 CGC 8.0 actually out sold a the Action #1 CGC 8.0 in 2010 and those sales were only months apart. More facts for you to ignore.

The Dentist Dave A has a high grade copy we talked on the phone around 1982-1985 and he had just got the book when i got mine. I have not been in contact with since the 80s when i was selling on the CBG but i (think) he has a copy that would grade 9.2 but thats just hear say (shrug) . I have heard there was a 9.2 or better out there and that book would break it all.

I believe Dave has the Allentown tec 27

I would think he upgraded since we talked in the 80s. The Allentown copy was the best copy ever found i thought is this still true ?

Isn't the alleged grade on it NM to NM+?

Ya thats what he told me back in the 80s NM/M .The way things were back then was Bob overstreet has the best Timely coll out there and E Gerber was as close to Pedigee there was.

Ya thats what he told me back in the 80s NM/M .The way things were back then was Bob overstreet has the best Timely coll out there and E Gerber was as close to Pedigee there was.

i don't quite understand the gerber comment please clarify.

I know that Bob Overstreet had an incredible collection at one time, but right now John Verzyl has the top Timely collection. He has almost all of the Church Timelys

i don't quite understand the gerber comment please clarify.

Back in the 80's there was no talk abought Pedigree books they were just nice coll found here and there. But Gerber had a lot of key books for his Gerber photo-journals and that was the talk at every con that i sold at. I guess the comment was my verson of a Pedigree was Gerber able to hold all these Rare books.

Edited by woowoo

I bought a Bat #3 some years ago and the dealer told me a tale of a lot of GA books being bought up in the late 1960's early 1970's he was involved in. Among them was a 'Tec #27 that was 9.4-9.6. The buyer took it with him to Norway and it has remained in a vault ever since.

..... It seems like yesterday that my friend Wayne had a Batman 1 for sale that didn't move that fast..... probably around a Fine..... ended up discounting it to 11K to sell.

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

a FINE for only $11k?? I'll take two please :)

Isn't there a recent 9.2 added to the census? I didn't think that was the Allentown copy?

Isn't there a recent 9.2 added to the census? I didn't think that was the Allentown copy?

Wow two 8.0 s and one 9.2 Action 1 is done.

Wow two 8.0 s and one 9.2 Action 1 is done.

If they never hit the market we will never know, but Action 1 the guy that owns the 2 9.0's might come back on, at least one copy..and break the bank next time.

The Allentown Tec 27 hasn't been slabbed

I really think both Action 1 and Tec 27 are worth the same in 8.0 and under.

I would think that that above 8.0 grade for grade Tec 27 would win.

These 2 books have been neck and neck up and down for years so who really can tell and Mitch!!!!! its my story and i can tell it the way i want. (thumbs u

The Allentown Tec 27 hasn't been slabbed

comicpedigrees.com says this abought Detective 27.

ALLENTOWN

One day in 1939, a young kid residing near Allentown, PA picked out his copy of Detective #27 over all other comics that month. He brought it home, fell in love with Batman, and carefully placed the comic away for safekeeping. Little did he know that out of the hundreds of thousands of copies printed of Batman’s debut, this boy’s copy would end up being the most perfectly preserved in the world.

To me, a better gage of which book is top dog is to compare sales in the low grades.

If an Action #1 and Tec #27 both came to the market, CGC blue label 2.0 with say, off-white pages, both presenting equally well...

How much would each sell for?