• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

Sup V Bat down from 4th place to 6th..studio high estimate is 5,520,000 mine about 5.2. Worldwide total is 851,601,000 which means it cracks the 850 Mark...I don't see it cracking the 875..more in the range of 860-5 with 31 days in release. Yahoo news have a super article about Bat v super was it a hit..breaks down a lot of things..one factor I did not consider is toys...278 million on that win...winner it did say the break even point of box office gross was 800 Mill SO we are looking over 300 mil profit..it does go on say that it was not avengers money...it made money..but still a disappointment...

Keep trying Mitch you will eventually make a correct prediction once they pull this dog from the theaters.

Yeah a $300M profit is certainly a disappointment! If I got that type of return on my investments I'd be crying all the way to bank!! (shrug)

Yeah. Last I looked, "profit" meant cash realized after everyone and everything was paid off.

I think if the movie had seen 900 mill profit, there would still be naysayers.

I don't care about profit that is a separate issue. This was a highly anticipated movie that everyone was curious to see, pre-bought tickets and grossed what $400-$500M in less than a week. After that its been pretty much on ignore and a disappointment. I'd say that the general consensus was that this was a poorly delivered movie but you can keep an eye on the weekly box office if it makes you feel better. (shrug)

What's funny is that virtually everyone that comes in the store liked the movie. Sure, small sample of maybe 100 folks I've talked to about it, but only 3 or 4 didn't like it at all. Everyone else had some level of enjoyment

I was looking for a good old smash up like in the comics and there was some of that for sure. However, when there were so many head scratching, poorly thought out scenes that made me do one of these :eyeroll:

The Martha moment, Bruce being lifted by bats out of a hole, pretty much everything Luthor did/say was annoying. The miscasts, Affleck, Eienberg, Irons and of course there is the traditional Supes stuff that always drives me bananas like Kent thinking that a pair of glasses can conceal his identify, Lois Lane ad nausea, Lex Luthor being his only enemy, etc, etc. On the flip side everyone I spoke to that saw Deadpool "loved it" but I don't know of anyone that "loved" this movie. Enjoyed it maybe but that's about it.

Bring on Cap.

I was looking for a good old smash up like in the comics and there was some of that for sure. However, when there were so many head scratching, poorly thought out scenes that made me do one of these :eyeroll:

The Martha moment, Bruce being lifted by bats out of a hole, pretty much everything Luthor did/say was annoying. The miscasts, Affleck, Eienberg, Irons and of course there is the traditional Supes stuff that always drives me bananas like Kent thinking that a pair of glasses can conceal his identify, Lois Lane ad nausea, Lex Luthor being his only enemy, etc, etc. On the flip side everyone I spoke to that saw Deadpool "loved it" but I don't know of anyone that "loved" this movie. Enjoyed it maybe but that's about it.

Bring on Cap.

(thumbs u

Bruce being lifted by bats out of a hole,

It was a dream sequence. I actually thought that,visually, that was one of the coolest parts of the movie.

looking at r.t. a second ago to see where cap stood [51 reviews/50 fresh/98%], and happened to see that late reviews have dropped this turd down to 27%; now BELOW the fat greek wedding sequel, and only a nose above green lantern [26%]. what a mess.

looking at r.t. a second ago to see where cap stood [51 reviews/50 fresh/98%], and happened to see that late reviews have dropped this turd down to 27%; now BELOW the fat greek wedding sequel, and only a nose above green lantern [26%]. what a mess.
whats sad is it was a pretty decent movie...not super, but not 27% bad...just goes to show you

whats sad is it was a pretty decent movie...not super, but not 27% bad...just goes to show you

Agreed.

i'll agree it's not green lantern-sucky, but i do line up with the 73%. i'll never watch it again, and, like batman and robin and supe IV, won't buy it for my "comics movie collection." very few can't cut that muster.

27% for 4/5 of a real movie not that bad. Check out today's holloywoodreporter and variety... Cap first day of release a big hit overseas as its being released early there...,looking for 200 mil weekend on 63% of overseas market.., buy GA cap 1 now if you are in fence...

Edited by Mmehdy

27% for 4/5 of a real movie not that bad. Check out today's holloywoodreporter and variety... Cap first day of release a big hit overseas as its being released early there...,looking for 200 mil weekend on 63% of overseas market.., buy GA cap 1 now if you are in fence...

Alas, that fence is getting higher than DT's wall. :cry:

cap 1's pricing has already exited the realm of a movie affecting it... has been for a little while now (all ga keys have for that matter)

That's why I can't see the WB execs going full speed ahead with the other planned movies, despite the financial success of this one.

If you look through those reviews, the 27% good ones are almost exclusively from places you've never heard of. The places you've heard of almost uniformly didn't like it.